Jackson Ironmen 2019

Mel Kiper
Waterboy

Re: Jackson Ironmen 2019

Post by Mel Kiper »

I mean I've heard that the freshman is all around a better athlete from what I've seen in the past the iceman loses his cool under pressure

Todd McShay
Waterboy

Post by Todd McShay »

Mel Kiper wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:54 am I mean I've heard that the freshman is all around a better athlete from what I've seen in the past the iceman loses his cool under pressure
Agreed!

Football1013333
Waterboy

Post by Football1013333 »

This Rumor stuff is getting out of hand. But I have heard some truth in the stuff that has been said..

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Mel Kiper wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:11 am I think in respect to icenhower he's the best overall QB seeing how he has multiple D1 offers being g at his 5'10" stature
I see the Wellston fans are a bit bored.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 pm
Mel Kiper wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:11 am I think in respect to icenhower he's the best overall QB seeing how he has multiple D1 offers being g at his 5'10" stature
Yes, bored and don't forget jealous. :lol:

But they do have those big mommas and those girls love their cheesecake. Keeps my restaurant well funded. :lol:

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 pm
No doubt

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

I think you guys are overlooking one main important thing. Icenhower is unquestionably the QB. He is far and away better prepared and skilled. But....if something were to happen injury wise, the freshman isn’t even the number 2 guy. Evan Spires is the number 2 qb and has really improved a lot this year. Look at the 7 on7s so far. He has far outperformed the freshman kid. He is cooler under pressure and is also certainty more accurate. The freshman kid threw more balls to the ground than receivers. I’m not trying to degrade anyone, but he’s a freshman and not even close to being ready. You guys need to chill out with your controversy talk because it ain’t there. I don’t think I’d be worrying too much about what the Gallia fans have to say because if you watched their performance up here at 7on 7,they have their own concerns to worry about all over the field.

Football1013333
Waterboy

BillC wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:23 pm I think you guys are overlooking one main important thing. Icenhower is unquestionably the QB. He is far and away better prepared and skilled. But....if something were to happen injury wise, the freshman isn’t even the number 2 guy. Evan Spires is the number 2 qb and has really improved a lot this year. Look at the 7 on7s so far. He has far outperformed the freshman kid. He is cooler under pressure and is also certainty more accurate. The freshman kid threw more balls to the ground than receivers. I’m not trying to degrade anyone, but he’s a freshman and not even close to being ready. You guys need to chill out with your controversy talk because it ain’t there. I don’t think I’d be worrying too much about what the Gallia fans have to say because if you watched their performance up here at 7on 7,they have their own concerns to worry about all over the field.
But If the Freshman kid gets in and shines later in the season after Icenhower struggles how does that make the Head Coach look?

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Football1013333 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:52 pm
BillC wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:23 pm I think you guys are overlooking one main important thing. Icenhower is unquestionably the QB. He is far and away better prepared and skilled. But....if something were to happen injury wise, the freshman isn’t even the number 2 guy. Evan Spires is the number 2 qb and has really improved a lot this year. Look at the 7 on7s so far. He has far outperformed the freshman kid. He is cooler under pressure and is also certainty more accurate. The freshman kid threw more balls to the ground than receivers. I’m not trying to degrade anyone, but he’s a freshman and not even close to being ready. You guys need to chill out with your controversy talk because it ain’t there. I don’t think I’d be worrying too much about what the Gallia fans have to say because if you watched their performance up here at 7on 7,they have their own concerns to worry about all over the field.
But If the Freshman kid gets in and shines later in the season after Icenhower struggles how does that make the Head Coach look?
Makes him look like a genius by waiting until the "Freshman kid" was ready to "shine" before he played him. :shock:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I know each kid on the QB depth chart. 3 tremendous kids who have all put in incredible time to improve their craft.

Jared Icenhower is a rock solid kid that has worked on every aspect of QB but also his education, body strength and health. He is the QB, glad 3 usernames signed up with 20 min of each other on the same day to stir and make it more difficult for these wonderful Ironmen players to excel as teammates of each other.

Evan Spires....love that kids game in the everything. Put him in any position anywhere on the field and he’ll at worst hold his own(and I feel I could say this about any sport as well, he’s a special athlete. If called upon I sincerely have zero doubts he would take us to the playoffs.

Jacob Winters...he is one big strong freshman with some natural skills you can’t teach. An aggressive kid that will be on the field helping the Ironmen win. He will catch some eyes this year. Those of you not giving the kid a chance or pinpointing his flaws...he’s 14. Harsh words by grown men are ridiculous. Like the other two and numerous other Ironmen, he’s busted his tail in the weight room too. I would bet an 8-2 season if he was our QB all season and 9-1 wouldn’t surprise me.

Hopefully the “3” new guys are from Wellston or Gallia or wherever. Sounds like Jackson has 45-50 kids out, they all need each other.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Let's get off this QB controversy nonsense and get back to reality. The main thing Jackson could do to improve is to get Joe Bob on the staff. The man is a football guru and could really help the program. So, he'd be the first guy I'd contact to add to an already solid staff. :o

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Teufelhunden wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:20 pm Let's get off this QB controversy nonsense and get back to reality. The main thing Jackson could do to improve is to get Joe Bob on the staff. The man is a football guru and could really help the program. So, he'd be the first guy I'd contact to add to an already solid staff. :o
I think he’s trying to start a 4th school in Meigs county

South Middleportroy High School....he will supervise the Fishing team

Football1013333
Waterboy

Teufelhunden wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:01 pm
Makes him look like a genius by waiting until the "Freshman kid" was ready to "shine" before he played him. :shock:
Have you seen the kid play? He is ready right now

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:05 am Quit with the QB controversy talk. That’s the last thing this team needs is a bunch of soap opera drama heading into August. The 3yr starter is the man as of now and if something would happen then there’s someone to immediately step up. Sounds like coach Andy hall knows what he’s doing. don’t create something or a distraction for them. they don’t need it.
Stick to business boys.
Finally

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:04 pm I know each kid on the QB depth chart. 3 tremendous kids who have all put in incredible time to improve their craft.

Jared Icenhower is a rock solid kid that has worked on every aspect of QB but also his education, body strength and health. He is the QB, glad 3 usernames signed up with 20 min of each other on the same day to stir and make it more difficult for these wonderful Ironmen players to excel as teammates of each other.

Evan Spires....love that kids game in the everything. Put him in any position anywhere on the field and he’ll at worst hold his own(and I feel I could say this about any sport as well, he’s a special athlete. If called upon I sincerely have zero doubts he would take us to the playoffs.

Jacob Winters...he is one big strong freshman with some natural skills you can’t teach. An aggressive kid that will be on the field helping the Ironmen win. He will catch some eyes this year. Those of you not giving the kid a chance or pinpointing his flaws...he’s 14. Harsh words by grown men are ridiculous. Like the other two and numerous other Ironmen, he’s busted his tail in the weight room too. I would bet an 8-2 season if he was our QB all season and 9-1 wouldn’t surprise me.

Hopefully the “3” new guys are from Wellston or Gallia or wherever. Sounds like Jackson has 45-50 kids out, they all need each other.

Finally. Someone makes sense

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Teufelhunden wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:20 pm Let's get off this QB controversy nonsense and get back to reality. The main thing Jackson could do to improve is to get Joe Bob on the staff. The man is a football guru and could really help the program. So, he'd be the first guy I'd contact to add to an already solid staff. :o
Finally

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:27 pm
I think he’s trying to start a 4th school in Meigs county

South Middleportroy High School....he will supervise the Fishing team

😂😆😂

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Football1013333 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Well then, get you a head coaching job and let him play, dad. :mrgreen:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Teufelhunden wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:09 pm
Football1013333 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Well then, get you a head coaching job and let him play, dad. :mrgreen:
Nope

Return to “Football”