D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Kicker. »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:15 pm
Kicker. wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:39 pm Is there any film to watch on Carrico? Saw him against Burg last season thought he we a good player would love to see how the rest of the season went for him
There’s a link to 247Sports on one of the posts in this thread. The link goes to his page and there’s a highlight video on there.

thank you! definitely going to check it out

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looks like the Spring evaluation period is going to be busy in Ironton. There’s 36 D1 Colleges (at this time) scheduled with more Teams to be added.

Go Fighting Tigers......

Add Clemson, Alabama and Arkansas to the other 36 schools coming to Ironton.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Wed May 01, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:32 am Looks like the Spring evaluation period is going to be busy in Ironton. There’s 36 D1 Colleges (at this time) scheduled with more Teams to be added.

Go Fighting Tigers......
WHat is a spring evaluation period?

Is that like a combine? First I’ve ever heard of it. :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:02 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:32 am Looks like the Spring evaluation period is going to be busy in Ironton. There’s 36 D1 Colleges (at this time) scheduled with more Teams to be added.

Go Fighting Tigers......

I guess it’s a College thing, when you have Players that they’re REALLY interested in. 😁

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:55 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:02 pm

Go Fighting Tigers......

I guess it’s a College thing, when you have Players that they’re REALLY interested in. 😁
Come on man. We know they are there for Carrico. He's the cream of the crop. Hope he picks the Buckeyes! lol

But sounds like coach is trying to get a few transfers out of the show. lol

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Hey Buck,if the kids work out in front of recruiters,I sure would like to watch.If this is the format,sure would like some info on dates and times and if it is open to the public. Thanks!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

artisgilmore wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:19 am Hey Buck,if the kids work out in front of recruiters,I sure would like to watch.If this is the format,sure would like some info on dates and times and if it is open to the public. Thanks!
I don’t know if it will be open to the Public or not, or the format for that matter. I do know the Colleges that are scheduled to be represented. This will be Ohio States 2nd time here, the Linebackers Coach Matt Barnes was in town not long ago

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looks like the Spring evaluation period is going to be busy in Ironton. There’s 36 D1 Colleges (at this time) scheduled with more Teams to be added.

Go Fighting Tigers......

Add Clemson, Alabama and Arkansas to the other 36 schools coming to Ironton.

Virginia Tech and Toledo Coaches are in Ironton, Virginia Tech made an offer to Carrico

Add Florida to the Offer list 4-26-19

Go Fighting Tigers.....
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Wed May 01, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

How many Ironton players are actively being recruited for D1 colleges? I hear Carrico, Salyers, a couple lineman, and several others already have D1 offers. Looks an exciting year for the Tigers and should be a great Burg Ironton game coming up this year!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Pitt Defensive Coordinator is in Ironton today.

Add Florida to the list of Colleges scheduled to make a trip to Ironton.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Wed May 01, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Florida offered Reid Carrico today 4-26-19
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Wed May 01, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

BurgBaskets wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:02 pm How many Ironton players are actively being recruited for D1 colleges? I hear Carrico, Salyers, a couple lineman, and several others already have D1 offers. Looks an exciting year for the Tigers and should be a great Burg Ironton game coming up this year!
Carrico, Salyers, a couple linemen, and several others already have D1 offers? How do they not win a State Championship, thats at least 7-8 D1’s.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

smurray wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:43 pm
BurgBaskets wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:02 pm How many Ironton players are actively being recruited for D1 colleges? I hear Carrico, Salyers, a couple lineman, and several others already have D1 offers. Looks an exciting year for the Tigers and should be a great Burg Ironton game coming up this year!

Carrico, Salyers, a couple linemen, and several others already have D1 offers? How do they not win a State Championship, thats at least 7-8 D1’s.
Smurray, I get your sarcasm, but Ironton always has talent, but that talent was underdeveloped by the coaching staff prior to Pendleton's arrival. The great thing is that college coaches are now more aware of Southern Ohio high school football and that will help other high schools, like Waverly, have their players at least get a look.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:10 pm

Smurray, I get your sarcasm, but Ironton always has talent, but that talent was underdeveloped by the coaching staff prior to Pendleton's arrival. The great thing is that college coaches are now more aware of Southern Ohio high school football and that will help other high schools, like Waverly, have their players at least get a look.
Oh ya, I know southern Ohio will get looks and attention but are there seriously that many D1 offers coming out of Ironton? He said offers, not looks..

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

smurray wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:31 pm

Oh ya, I know southern Ohio will get looks and attention but are there seriously that many D1 offers coming out of Ironton? He said offers, not looks..
To answer your question yes, Carrico is rated a 4 star prospect. I’m sure that’s getting a lot of attention but the Coaches are working hard at getting others looked at and it is working and well deserved by the other Fighting Tigers getting looked at.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:37 pm
smurray wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:31 pm

To answer your question yes, Carrico is rated a 4 star prospect. I’m sure that’s getting a lot of attention but the Coaches are working hard at getting others looked at and it is working and well deserved by the other Fighting Tigers getting looked at.
Carrico is the talent all these colleges have been pursuing. Ironton, Waverly, burg, etc. all have talented players but Carrico has size and speed that Can’t be taught. I also say hogwash that college coaches are more aware of southern Ohio talent. They are fully aware of talent. Just recently two lineman from east Portsmouth were committed to big time schools. Ohio state and wvu. I believe that the Scott kid is still on the roster at wvu. Burg had Holden that was heavily recruited by D1 schools but he was never serious in football or there would have been the influx of coaches surrounding him like Carrico. The kid from nelsonville York that just committed to OU. Burgs Matthews is getting serious looks as well. Is there a point to compiling a list of each school that has reached out for Carricos talent? Interesting take.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

There is nothing wrong with bragging about a kid that goes to a school you attended.He is bringing positive attention back to Ironton and is going to be a special player.We football fans in Ironton have been waiting for a turnaround for quite awhile.We hope this coach can deliver it. :D

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:31 am There is nothing wrong with bragging about a kid that goes to a school you attended.He is bringing positive attention back to Ironton and is going to be a special player.We football fans in Ironton have been waiting for a turnaround for quite awhile.We hope this coach can deliver it. :D
No doubt but there are kids in the area that are currently getting looks at different schools. If you have D1 talent, colleges will definitely look at you or at least send out camp invites. Carrico is a talent and if he’s at waverly, east, Portsmouth, south point, or any other school, he’s still getting offers.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

That is not what I am referring.Im talking about an Ironton kid whose town is proud of him getting these early offers along with the other kids getting offers also.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:13 pm That is not what I am referring.Im talking about an Ironton kid whose town is proud of him getting these early offers along with the other kids getting offers also.
I was referring to the comment omega made. I may have thought you were talking about the same thing.

Return to “Football”