D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Dandy Don
Varsity
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Dandy Don » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:28 am

allamericanironman wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:13 pm
So you figure if these men live around here and have kids that play on the same team with a great coach great program won’t a few of them get looks for d1?
No, that’s not what that means.



Pa Trojan
JV Team
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 am

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Pa Trojan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:45 am

the question remains, whom are getting legitimate offers from Div one programs



packers80
JV Team
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by packers80 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:30 am

Matthews,burg, getting interest but no offers yet


Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Poo Bear
SE
Posts: 2486
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Poo Bear » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:44 pm

packers80 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:30 am
Matthews,burg, getting interest but no offers yet
Matthews and Holden (if he chose) have legit D1 skill sets. If Matthews played in a bigger city he would already have an offer



Crab's Brother
SE
Posts: 2424
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:07 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Crab's Brother » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:46 pm

Did we get a list of the 10 D1 players from the Jackson team in the 90's?



packers80
JV Team
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by packers80 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:20 pm

Talyn Parker obviously, too, is getting interest and some early offers I hear too.


Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

packers80
JV Team
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by packers80 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:21 pm

Linemen anywhere?


Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Abe Froman
All State
Posts: 1321
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Abe Froman » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:37 pm

Crab's Brother wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:46 pm
Did we get a list of the 10 D1 players from the Jackson team in the 90's?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Blitzen, Cupid, Donner and Vixen.

Oh and Rudolph.



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 18055
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Ironman92 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:04 pm

Abe Froman wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:37 pm
Crab's Brother wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:46 pm
Did we get a list of the 10 D1 players from the Jackson team in the 90's?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Blitzen, Cupid, Donner and Vixen.

Oh and Rudolph.
Dasher was also a track star...Comet was on relay team with him. Blitzen was a stud LB as well



ironman02
SEOP
Posts: 3036
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:09 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by ironman02 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:17 pm

So I haven't read that closely through all of this (I wonder why), but I'll take a stab at what is being talked about with regard to Jackson.

Donovan Workman played OL and his senior season may have 1993. He went on to play at Ohio. D1 FBS.

Geoff Matthews played QB/LB and his senior season was 1994. He went on to play at Dayton, which is D1 FCS.

Erik Davis played OL and his senior season was 1997, I think. He went on to play at Ohio, but was injured early in his career. D1 FBS.

Doug Wooten played OL and his senior season was also 1997, I think. He also went to Ohio and had a great career there. D1 FBS.

JR Smith played OL and his senior season was 1996. I believe he went on to play at Potomac State. Not sure if they have a football program anymore, but not D1.

Chris Krannitz played OL and his senior season was 1998, I think. I'm not sure that he played college football, but for some reason Liberty State or West Liberty sticks in my mind. Not D1 to my knowledge.

Vince Jenkins played WR/DB and his senior season was 1998. I think he went on to play at Morehead State. D1 FCS.

Jay Blankenship played FB/LB and his senior season was 1998. Also don't know if he played in college, but think he might have been at Morehead State for a while after thinking about it. D1 FCS.

David Swisher played FB/DE and his senior season was 2001. He played at Morehead State for a while. D1 FCS.

I think Erron Brennan played at Morehead State for a while (also 2001). I'm sure there are others that may have played at smaller schools during that same time frame, but these are the guys that were mentioned earlier in this thread. It does seem like there is a lot of overlap with about 6 or 7 of them, so that's what allamericanironman was referring to in one of his posts.

I know that there have recently been a lot of kids from Jackson that have gone on to play college football at some level. Reagan Williams is at Stanford, Austin Osborne played at Ohio Dominican, Drew Ervin played at Otterbein, Bryce Hall is at Otterbein, Chucky Morris is at Robert Morris, Michael Benson is kicking at Robert Morris, Justin Mullins kicked at Morehead State, and others that I'm surely forgetting.

Anyway, I don't know that a bunch of kids on the current Jackson team will go D1. It doesn't happen that often, especially in SE Ohio. But I do think Jackson will have some talented teams in the near future. We'll see if they can get over the hump against Burg and make some playoff runs.



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 18055
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Ironman92 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:15 pm

ironman02 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:17 pm
So I haven't read that closely through all of this (I wonder why), but I'll take a stab at what is being talked about with regard to Jackson.

Donovan Workman played OL and his senior season may have 1993. He went on to play at Ohio. D1 FBS.

Geoff Matthews played QB/LB and his senior season was 1994. He went on to play at Dayton, which is D1 FCS.

Erik Davis played OL and his senior season was 1997, I think. He went on to play at Ohio, but was injured early in his career. D1 FBS.

Doug Wooten played OL and his senior season was also 1997, I think. He also went to Ohio and had a great career there. D1 FBS.

JR Smith played OL and his senior season was 1996. I believe he went on to play at Potomac State. Not sure if they have a football program anymore, but not D1.

Chris Krannitz played OL and his senior season was 1998, I think. I'm not sure that he played college football, but for some reason Liberty State or West Liberty sticks in my mind. Not D1 to my knowledge.

Vince Jenkins played WR/DB and his senior season was 1998. I think he went on to play at Morehead State. D1 FCS.

Jay Blankenship played FB/LB and his senior season was 1998. Also don't know if he played in college, but think he might have been at Morehead State for a while after thinking about it. D1 FCS.

David Swisher played FB/DE and his senior season was 2001. He played at Morehead State for a while. D1 FCS.

I think Erron Brennan played at Morehead State for a while (also 2001). I'm sure there are others that may have played at smaller schools during that same time frame, but these are the guys that were mentioned earlier in this thread. It does seem like there is a lot of overlap with about 6 or 7 of them, so that's what allamericanironman was referring to in one of his posts.

I know that there have recently been a lot of kids from Jackson that have gone on to play college football at some level. Reagan Williams is at Stanford, Austin Osborne played at Ohio Dominican, Drew Ervin played at Otterbein, Bryce Hall is at Otterbein, Chucky Morris is at Robert Morris, Michael Benson is kicking at Robert Morris, Justin Mullins kicked at Morehead State, and others that I'm surely forgetting.

Anyway, I don't know that a bunch of kids on the current Jackson team will go D1. It doesn't happen that often, especially in SE Ohio. But I do think Jackson will have some talented teams in the near future. We'll see if they can get over the hump against Burg and make some playoff runs.
Thought Workman graduated with Matthews in 1995



packers80
JV Team
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by packers80 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:35 pm

Topic is d1 players, nobody gives a poop about Jackson 23 years ago, those kids had their time.


Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

allamericanironman
Varsity
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by allamericanironman » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:52 pm

Jr smith was a bearcat d1
Chris kranitz Potomac state couldn’t make grades had full rides to WVA and Maryland “I saw them with own eyes”

Bottom line Jackson has sent the most and will continue to those are facts jack.



allamericanironman
Varsity
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by allamericanironman » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:59 pm

packers80 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:35 pm
Topic is d1 players, nobody gives a poop about Jackson 23 years ago, those kids had their time.
Ok genius those men have kids that are gonna go d1. It’s why they mop the field with your precious burg.



Ed Ott
Freshman Team
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Ed Ott » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:02 pm

packers80 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:35 pm
Topic is d1 players, nobody gives a poop about Jackson 23 years ago, those kids had their time.
Jackson has an over zealous fan that no other Jackson fan on here seems to jive with. Said fan makes crazy comment and won’t give in and other jump on the comments and other Jackson posters were all on here nicely telling him he’s going too far. Guys like Ironman02 who has been a big poster on here forever but now you see he rarely does. He gets on here to give his thoughts and he knows JHS history more than anyone on here. Ironman92, another mainstay on here corrects him. Just reading this thread every Jackson fan on here is on the same side as every other person on here.

So I’d say if we keep ignoring his crazy posts things would be a lot better. I’ve been reading here a long time. Those type fans don’t keep this place going, it’s the ones that have been here for a bit and the new ones that mesh in (I try, but I’ve angered some Jackson folks and some others)



ironman02
SEOP
Posts: 3036
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:09 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by ironman02 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:26 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:15 pm

Thought Workman graduated with Matthews in 1995
You're probably right about that.



packers80
JV Team
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by packers80 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:35 pm

Thanks for calling me genius, little bit of an understatement,but I'll take it. Number one, this thread is about current d1 prospects. Number 2, tell me when recently Jackson has mopped the field with burg. Shut up, let these kids have their time as prospects. Ur a dumb ass. Question for you: did you even play? What's yours name, number, stats and where did you play collegiately? Also, ur Jackson alum, if u are from there, are embarrassed of you. Happy New Year. Go western brown.


Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

packers80
JV Team
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by packers80 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:41 pm

Sorry to the true Jackson fans, I appreciate you and your program. Will ignore the other guy from now on.


Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

allamericanironman
Varsity
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by allamericanironman » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:01 pm

packers80 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:35 pm
Thanks for calling me genius, little bit of an understatement,but I'll take it. Number one, this thread is about current d1 prospects. Number 2, tell me when recently Jackson has mopped the field with burg. Shut up, let these kids have their time as prospects. Ur a dumb ass. Question for you: did you even play? What's yours name, number, stats and where did you play collegiately? Also, ur Jackson alum, if u are from there, are embarrassed of you. Happy New Year. Go western brown.
As much as you would like to make the post about me I won’t let you. It’s about future d1 athletes that play football. I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings by proving you wrong so you spew insults. If you saw me in real life you would chit down both legs but I’m harmless prison reformed me.

Nobody gives two craps about you burg guys you have the biggest black eye in the state. The whole SEOPS will cheer on my Ironmen as we destroy you. I will feel bad for you when all the air is let out of your head. You are the biggest embarrassment to high school football none of you deserve to be on here after your shnanagins and refs you all should be ashamed to post that crap makes me sick and every other poster on here. We have all lost respect for you guys what an embarrassment.



Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19691
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:11 pm

Let's get back on topic please.


The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

allamericanironman
Varsity
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by allamericanironman » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:17 pm

Orange and Brown wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:11 pm
Let's get back on topic please.
I agree. I should not have went there. He just wants to get me banned again.



Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19691
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:45 pm

allamericanironman wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:17 pm
Orange and Brown wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:11 pm
Let's get back on topic please.
I agree. I should not have went there. He just wants to get me banned again.
Deep breaths :lol:


The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

allamericanironman
Varsity
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by allamericanironman » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:04 pm

:D 8-)
Orange and Brown wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:45 pm
allamericanironman wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:17 pm
Orange and Brown wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:11 pm
Let's get back on topic please.
I agree. I should not have went there. He just wants to get me banned again.
Deep breaths :lol:
I figured you’d be proud of me!



bman
SE
Posts: 2378
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by bman » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:38 am

2019 Senior QB Otto Kuhns from Bloom-Carroll - just outside the district. Been starting since a freshman, smart player, strong arm, mobile and is getting attention from several P5 schools in the region. Took a team starting a ton of sophomores and freshmen to a 9-3 season.



greygoose
SE
Posts: 2160
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by greygoose » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:56 am

I think this topic should've read more like, 2019 Senior Class SEO players who will be going D1 or receiving a scholarship would've been a more appropriate choice for this topic. Some people make it just to broad when you said football prospects, I mean when someone mentions 7th and 8th graders, lol. So basically who in this upcoming senior class is garnering looks for a full ride scholarship?? Mathews from burg, possibly, Parker from Trojans, Wilburn from Nelsonville York. I know he's outside the SEO area but did the QB for Western Brown get any offers?? Looking at his stats he totaled just over 4000 yards of offense, 23 passing Tds and 11 rushing Tds to go with just 8 INt's.



Post Reply

Return to “Football”