New Coal Grove Coach???

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Re: New Coal Grove Coach???

Post by Half Slice »

I believe former Hornet Mohammed Roman was also selected to participate in the Big 33 game if memory serves.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

From someone that doesn't have a horse in this race . . . since most of this speculation revolves around a person that we must not be able to mention by name . . . PROS: CG . . . much better facilities, much better tradition, administration cares about athletics and winning, hometown. CONS: CG . . . I believe smallest school in OVC. Seems like a done deal.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Da Bears wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:20 pm From someone that doesn't have a horse in this race . . . since most of this speculation revolves around a person that we must not be able to mention by name . . . PROS: CG . . . much better facilities, much better tradition, administration cares about athletics and winning, hometown. CONS: CG . . . I believe smallest school in OVC. Seems like a done deal.
Another CON: Both he and his legendary hall of fame coach father were previously done wrong by the administration.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I’m confused. Who are we talking about here ?
Pros and cons of which schools ?

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

I have heard that happened hsfbfan . . . However, school boards change and administration changes. Correct me if wrong, but didn't that happen 8 - 9 years ago. Poo Bear, I am talking about Pro/Con between Wellston and Coal Grove. Seems like every time any names are mentioned about this job the replies get deleted. Oh well, we will probably find out soon. No rumor here . . . just my guess, Lucas goes home.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Some insiders at Wellston are musing that the Chillicothe job is a very attractive option to “Little Dad”. Remember, Little Dad spent some time on Coach Hinton’s staff at Chillicothe in the wake of his departure from 1 Hornet Lane when Brian Kidd was selected to be the head football coach of the Hornets. .

Interesting twist to the saga if true.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Half Slice wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:38 am Some insiders at Wellston are musing that the Chillicothe job is a very attractive option to “Little Dad”. Remember, Little Dad spent some time on Coach Hinton’s staff at Chillicothe in the wake of his departure from 1 Hornet Lane when Brian Kidd was selected to be the head football coach of the Hornets. .

Interesting twist to the saga if true.
I never thought about the Lucas’ to Chillicothe. There is a connection there . Chillicothe would have the horses to run his ground and pound offense .

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

Wow, that's very interesting!!!! I could c him go to chili instead of cg if that's in his plans, the size of the school, the depth of athletes, it could work out for both sides maybe...

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Any word on more candidates?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

hsfbfan wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:11 am Any word on more candidates?
Very quiet, makes me think a deal is done

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Look at the Wellston post rumor is Jay is leaving but that all could be just rumors.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:33 am
They were going to pull 5 names and interview them. I am guessing they in the interview process now.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Fattseycline wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:13 am
They were going to pull 5 names and interview them. I am guessing they in the interview process now.
Pulling names out of a hat? That's a great idea. Maybe VC and Logan can learn from this. Throw a bunch of names into a hat and pull out the 5 lucky winners. I wouldn't even interview them though. I'd take those 5, put them in a hat and pull out 3, then 2, and then have a media day and invite all local and statewide media outlets and the whole community to the football stadium. Bring out the hat with the last two names in it and sell chances for someone in the audience to pull out the final name and announce the new head football coach. This would be YUGE! You could make a chunk of money on this and it would get some excitement in the process and the program. What a hell of an idea. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Pulling names out of a hat? If they do that they can hire anyone and give him the nickname "The rabbit". Then they can say they pulled a rabbit out of the hat when the guy starts winning. That way the admins there can take all the credit.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Waterboy

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox »

I bet the new coach is being shot out of a "rocket" right to Coal grove! ;)

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I don’t see coach Lucas leaving Wellston this late

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

koondoger wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Pulling names out of a hat? That's a great idea. Maybe VC and Logan can learn from this. Throw a bunch of names into a hat and pull out the 5 lucky winners. I wouldn't even interview them though. I'd take those 5, put them in a hat and pull out 3, then 2, and then have a media day and invite all local and statewide media outlets and the whole community to the football stadium. Bring out the hat with the last two names in it and sell chances for someone in the audience to pull out the final name and announce the new head football coach. This would be YUGE! You could make a chunk of money on this and it would get some excitement in the process and the program. What a hell of an idea. :mrgreen:
Obviously they went through the resumes and picked 5 they like and going to interview them... VC should try pulling names out of an hat because they can’t get much worse one of the worst football programs in the state as far as their size goes Logan not much better so what could it hurt?

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

And I never said they would be randomly pulling names. I guess you just can’t read. If they wanted to be on vc or Logan status i guess they could have a lottery system or take lowest bidder on a coaching salary

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Fattseycline wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:14 am

And I never said they would be randomly pulling names. I guess you just can’t read.
If they wanted to be on vc or Logan status i guess they could have a lottery system or take lowest bidder on a coaching salary
I like both those ideas. And both schools would probably come out much better than they would if they go with the choice of he committees that chose their last 2 coaches and for VC whoever chose their last several. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Where does CG stand on the interviewing and hiring of a HC?

Return to “Football”