New Coal Grove Coach???

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: New Coal Grove Coach???

Post by Poo Bear »

bucs40 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:37 pm Kyle might b a good guy and all but with his track record, I highly doubt he'll get the job but anything can happen I guess...
Hearing a deal is close

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

Like I said anything can happen...

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

I think it works this way..........the School Board will be meeting this week and they will review all the applicants and decide which one or how many will be called for an interview and after their decision is made they will notify both the Principal and Athletic Director of their decision who the next coach will be.............just my opinion on how the system will work in selecting a new Coach......

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:42 pm
bucs40 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:37 pm Kyle might b a good guy and all but with his track record, I highly doubt he'll get the job but anything can happen I guess...
Hearing a deal is close
With whom? McKnight?

blackraider
Riding the Bench

Post by blackraider »

I think it works this way..........the School Board will be meeting this week and they will review all the applicants and decide which one or how many will be called for an interview and after their decision is made they will notify both the Principal and Athletic Director of their decision who the next coach will be.............just my opinion on how the system will work in selecting a new Coach......
[/quote]
Lately, the hiring process at CG football defies logic🥶

The voice of the PEOPLE
Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

blackraider wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:57 pm I think it works this way..........the School Board will be meeting this week and they will review all the applicants and decide which one or how many will be called for an interview and after their decision is made they will notify both the Principal and Athletic Director of their decision who the next coach will be.............just my opinion on how the system will work in selecting a new Coach......
Lately, the hiring process at CG football defies logic🥶
[/quote]

You are absolutely correct Blackraider........ :roll: :roll: :roll:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ground and pound coming soon

blackraider
Riding the Bench

Post by blackraider »

Are you suggesting dusting off the squat suits and knee wraps? Maybe ammonia capsules.

The voice of the PEOPLE
Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

I think McKnight was on the Fairview, KY staff that was forced to forfeit all games after reaching the state finals due to use of ineligible players.

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

This is the most important sports hire in CG history. A bad hire could spiral the grove down a murky chasm;they may never get out of.This will define the administration and board. Doing what’s best is not always what’s popular.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

[tweet][/tweet]Hopefully this hire is just what the Doc ordered because election time is just around the corner.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

I don’t think It will be coach Lucas. Wellston has a lot of talent on this seasons team and, I can’t see him leaving that behind. Then again I could be wrong.

StateTheFacts
Waterboy

Post by StateTheFacts »

Does anyone know who is on the list to be interviewed or already been interviewed??? I heard Coach Lucas was asked to apply but wasn't sure if that occurred. His dad built a great program up there and he may want to come home.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Half Slice wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 pm I think McKnight was on the Fairview, KY staff that was forced to forfeit all games after reaching the state finals due to use of ineligible players.
I don't recall specifically what occurred at Fairview but it is the Superintendent of the schools that is responsible for determining whether a student can legally attend their school. It is that way in KY because fundin follows the student. It is up to the Athletic Director to determine the eligibility of the student to play sports. It is a stretch to suggest that any assistant coach is responsible for what occurred at Fairview.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

79Tiger wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:36 pm
Half Slice wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 pm I think McKnight was on the Fairview, KY staff that was forced to forfeit all games after reaching the state finals due to use of ineligible players.
I don't recall specifically what occurred at Fairview but it is the Superintendent of the schools that is responsible for determining whether a student can legally attend their school. It is that way in KY because fundin follows the student. It is up to the Athletic Director to determine the eligibility of the student to play sports. It is a stretch to suggest that any assistant coach is responsible for what occurred at Fairview.
Half Slice didn’t imply it was McKnight responsibility or had anything to do about the ineligible players. He just stated that McKnight may have been on that particular staff. Other posters are correct in saying this is an IMPORTANT hire for CG. A bad hire can really set them back a decade.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I see them going with a familiar name

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:01 pm I see them going with a familiar name
me 2.............

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Flyers58 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:05 pm
me 2.............
How familiar?

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

hsfbfan wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:45 pm
Flyers58 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:05 pm
me 2.............
How familiar?
He played in the North-South All-Star game............. :idea: :idea:

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Half Slice wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:22 pm Don’t believe he played in the N/S game. He played in the Big 33 game between Ohio and Pennylvania. If you believe he was one of the 33 best players in the state of Ohio then you obviously don’t watch football.
Sorry, I had the wrong All-Star game...............and I dont recall saying he was one of the best 33 players in the state......and I have been watching football a hell of a lot longer than you and I can make my own evaluation when it comes to playing in a game like the N/S game.......and I will keep my opinion of that to myself.........

Return to “Football”