Logan Football League Talk

Chief02
Varsity

Re: Why is Logan not in a League?

Post by Chief02 »

Proud_Falcon95 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:55 pm
Chief02 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:43 pm
Proud_Falcon95 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:30 pm If people would get over the fact that Logan isn't the same old Logan they could've been in the TVC Ohio. If the size still scares leagues from accepting them split them into two high schools just like the East Dillon Lions and the Dillon Panthers lol.
Boy that just sounds easy and like a waste of taxpayer money. Lol. Consolidation is the future of schools in this area, not dividing.
Ok, so what school do you propose Logan consolidate with?
I didn’t make the proposal that Logan consolidate with anyone. I was merely making the point that some districts (smaller in size) in southeast Ohio may have to look at that. Logan being an all county school kind of takes them out of consolidating.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Point is Falcon that schools aren’t going to divide simply to compete, regardless of what fictitional show you compare it to.

Proud_Falcon95
Freshman Team

Post by Proud_Falcon95 »

Lol ok Chief I was just throwing stuff at the wall like everyone else. Thanks

Proud_Falcon95
Freshman Team

Post by Proud_Falcon95 »

But my point being that because Logan HS is the only Hocking County HS although maybe not be a financially sound thing to do it could help with competitive balance but splitting one D2 school in SE Ohio arguably the largest in our region into two D4 or a D4 and D5 school depending on where the split took place in the county. Again I was just spitballing and striking up converation.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

I understand Falcon. I apologize if I seemed to get too into the fictitious nature of the conversation. Logan is in reality a D2 school trapped in a D4 region.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

someone beat me to it, but yes logan is the only school in their county. whereas Lawrence county has 7 schools in the county. and then they are smack dab right in the middle of nowhere, as far as schools their size. it is a true dilemma.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

OK, I'll play. What if every county in SE Ohio consolidated their schools into one or two districts? What would the athletic landscape look like then?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

SEOHnewbie wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:29 pm Would Berne Union make sense?
That only would compound the issue for Logan, not make it better. Besides, BU is a good district.

Logan seeking a conference = square peg in a round hole.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Can you have two schools within one building. Lets say Logan East and Logan West? Wonder what the ruling is on that?

B. Union is in another county

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

I have said this before and I’ll say it again. They should join the FAC for football only. Chili and Jackson already play them and the other schools would only have to travel to Logan once every other year. I wouldn’t think Logan would mind traveling considering their current situation. It would definitely strengthen the FAC.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Sunoco wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:24 am I have said this before and I’ll say it again. They should join the FAC for football only. Chili and Jackson already play them and the other schools would only have to travel to Logan once every other year. I wouldn’t think Logan would mind traveling considering their current situation. It would definitely strengthen the FAC.
If the FAC wanted Logan they would have invited them.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Logan in the FAC for football only !

Makes sense , it 1 trio every other year , road trips are fun anyways , gas is 2$ a gallon

We want Logan !

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Logan in the FAC for football only is a bandaid. I would be interested to know, and maybe Locos could tell us, if the Route 33 League Logan was trying to put together a year ago or so is officially dead or if the can was kicked down the road a year or two?

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:58 am Can you have two schools within one building. Lets say Logan East and Logan West? Wonder what the ruling is on that?

Oddly enough I think there is some merit to what you have written. I was thinking about schools and the disadvantage of consolidation. For instance, Meigs HS is the result of the consolidation of Pomeroy, Middleport and Rutland. This meant that in 1966 there were three starting QBs in meigs county. Actually five if you figure southern and eastern. When meigs consolidated that now meant only one starting qb in the area. Consolidation helped the district but hurt kids by limiting opportunity. I have thought a great deal about this and wondered what would happen if Meigs had been allowed to house the student population under one roof but still maintain their community athletic programs. And now we are wondering if Logan would have an easier time getting in a conference if they were allowed to offer two varsity football teams instead of one. Obviously there are some logistics that would need to be overcome. One that comes to mind is would a conference accept a school under these circumstances with no way of knowing if one of the teams would be loaded? And would
Logan want to do this if it meant they couldn’t put the best possible team on the field fromtheir building? Lots of things to consider. Go ahead seopsnation
Tear into this and offer your thoughts

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chief02 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:07 pm Logan in the FAC for football only is a bandaid. I would be interested to know, and maybe Locos could tell us, if the Route 33 League Logan was trying to put together a year ago or so is officially dead or if the can was kicked down the road a year or two?
The last time anything in the LDN had something in it about the new league it was still being worked on. The subject wasn't about the new league just a article where it mention that it wasn't given up on.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Probably the big part of the MVL

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:02 pm Probably the big part of the MVL
Would love to see Logan and Zanesville in the MVL. Two divisions.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

dazed&confused wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:23 pm Would love to see Logan and Zanesville in the MVL. Two divisions.
Idk. Zanesville said the MVL was racist. I'm sure that will never happen now

Proud_Falcon95
Freshman Team

Post by Proud_Falcon95 »

Chief02 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:28 am I understand Falcon. I apologize if I seemed to get too into the fictitious nature of the conversation. Logan is in reality a D2 school trapped in a D4 region.
No problem. And yes I totally agree with that! I feel bad for the kids really. It's not fair to them to have to travel so much because other area schools still fear the aura of Logan Athletics. They could probably find some really good local matchups.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Howard Cosell wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:15 pm
noreply66 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:58 am Can you have two schools within one building. Lets say Logan East and Logan West? Wonder what the ruling is on that?

Oddly enough I think there is some merit to what you have written. I was thinking about schools and the disadvantage of consolidation. For instance, Meigs HS is the result of the consolidation of Pomeroy, Middleport and Rutland. This meant that in 1966 there were three starting QBs in meigs county. Actually five if you figure southern and eastern. When meigs consolidated that now meant only one starting qb in the area. Consolidation helped the district but hurt kids by limiting opportunity. I have thought a great deal about this and wondered what would happen if Meigs had been allowed to house the student population under one roof but still maintain their community athletic programs. And now we are wondering if Logan would have an easier time getting in a conference if they were allowed to offer two varsity football teams instead of one. Obviously there are some logistics that would need to be overcome. One that comes to mind is would a conference accept a school under these circumstances with no way of knowing if one of the teams would be loaded? And would
Logan want to do this if it meant they couldn’t put the best possible team on the field fromtheir building? Lots of things to consider. Go ahead seopsnation
Tear into this and offer your thoughts
This absurdity is not even worth a debate. Lol

Return to “Football”