Logan Football League Talk

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Why is Logan not in a League?

Post by noreply66 »

Chief02 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:33 pm
Howard Cosell wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:15 pm
noreply66 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:58 am Can you have two schools within one building. Lets say Logan East and Logan West? Wonder what the ruling is on that?

B. Union is in another county
Oddly enough I think there is some merit to what you have written. I was thinking about schools and the disadvantage of consolidation. For instance, Meigs HS is the result of the consolidation of Pomeroy, Middleport and Rutland. This meant that in 1966 there were three starting QBs in meigs county. Actually five if you figure southern and eastern. When meigs consolidated that now meant only one starting qb in the area. Consolidation helped the district but hurt kids by limiting opportunity. I have thought a great deal about this and wondered what would happen if Meigs had been allowed to house the student population under one roof but still maintain their community athletic programs. And now we are wondering if Logan would have an easier time getting in a conference if they were allowed to offer two varsity football teams instead of one. Obviously there are some logistics that would need to be overcome. One that comes to mind is would a conference accept a school under these circumstances with no way of knowing if one of the teams would be loaded? And would
Logan want to do this if it meant they couldn’t put the best possible team on the field fromtheir building? Lots of things to consider. Go ahead seopsnation
Tear into this and offer your thoughts
This absurdity is not even worth a debate. Lol

LOL

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

He who laughs last thinks slowest. This was essentially your idea. I just took the time to extrapolate.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dazed&confused wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:24 am OK, I'll play. What if every county in SE Ohio consolidated their schools into one or two districts? What would the athletic landscape look like then?
I don't know dazed. I think the schools in Lawrence county like things just as they are. actually there are 8 schools in Lawrence county including the vocational school.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:58 am Can you have two schools within one building. Lets say Logan East and Logan West? Wonder what the ruling is on that?

This is a joke about Logan dividing. I didn't think someone would take this serious.
Last edited by noreply66 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Oddly enough I think there is some merit to what you have written. I was thinking about schools and the disadvantage of consolidation. For instance, Meigs HS is the result of the consolidation of Pomeroy, Middleport and Rutland. This meant that in 1966 there were three starting QBs in meigs county. Actually five if you figure southern and eastern. When meigs consolidated that now meant only one starting qb in the area. Consolidation helped the district but hurt kids by limiting opportunity. I have thought a great deal about this and wondered what would happen if Meigs had been allowed to house the student population under one roof but still maintain their community athletic programs. And now we are wondering if Logan would have an easier time getting in a conference if they were allowed to offer two varsity football teams instead of one. Obviously there are some logistics that would need to be overcome. One that comes to mind is would a conference accept a school under these circumstances with no way of knowing if one of the teams would be loaded? And would
Logan want to do this if it meant they couldn’t put the best possible team on the field fromtheir building? Lots of things to consider. Go ahead seopsnation
Three starting QB’s but Gallia’s really good QB transferred to Meigs that first year to win the SEOAL in 67

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

True
So a consolidation enticed an athlete tontransfer. Proof positive that three kids lost out when a bigger school was built

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Chief02 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:07 pm Logan in the FAC for football only is a bandaid. I would be interested to know, and maybe Locos could tell us, if the Route 33 League Logan was trying to put together a year ago or so is officially dead or if the can was kicked down the road a year or two?
There is still interest among a handful - approx 4 - schools including Logan to form a new league. However - the three members who aren’t Logan don’t want to leave a league to join a new one with only 4 teams. And I get that.

So - short of those 4 finding two other dance partners, the potential league is on hold.

I can tell you the Licking County League is likely to expand this school year and it will not include Logan.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

loganlocos wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:26 pm
Chief02 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:07 pm Logan in the FAC for football only is a bandaid. I would be interested to know, and maybe Locos could tell us, if the Route 33 League Logan was trying to put together a year ago or so is officially dead or if the can was kicked down the road a year or two?
There is still interest among a handful - approx 4 - schools including Logan to form a new league. However - the three members who aren’t Logan don’t want to leave a league to join a new one with only 4 teams. And I get that.

So - short of those 4 finding two other dance partners, the potential league is on hold.

I can tell you the Licking County League is likely to expand this school year and it will not include Logan.
I wouldn’t see the Licking County League as a good fit for Logan in my opinion. Continue to hope for a few dance partners to show up I guess.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:37 pm Logan in the FAC for football only !

Makes sense , it 1 trio every other year , road trips are fun anyways , gas is 2$ a gallon

We want Logan !
Why football only? Why not everything?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

ravensfan09 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:11 pm

Makes sense , it 1 trio every other year , road trips are fun anyways , gas is 2$ a gallon

We want Logan !
Logan to Greenfield on a Tuesday night. Logan to Hillsboro on a Tuesday........
It's an hour and 48 minutes to Hillsboro in good weather. Almost an hour and a half to Greenfield.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:26 pm

We want Logan !
It's an hour and 48 minutes to Hillsboro in good weather. Almost an hour and a half to Greenfield.
Travel would be killer but for football could make it work while Logan finds a league .

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:37 pm

Travel would be killer but for football could make it work while Logan finds a league .

I agree. It could work in football only. I think if the FAC offered them an invite, Logan would jump all over it.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

We want Logan !
Play those games on Friday only.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Logan to Chillicothe is just under 1 hour and Jackson is right at 1 hour. The rest of the FAC is anywhere from 1 hour and 15 minutes- 1 hour and 40 minutes. Those are some looooong drives with no short trips to offset the longer ones.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan will not go just for football. If they did they would be gone when a better offer comes.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ravensfan09 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:48 pm

So change the entire league schedule for one team?
What about baseball and softball? Soccer? Track......
We have more than 2 sports at the high school level.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Logan in the FAC is not a good option in my opinion. Why stop being an independent in football simply to trade it in for being in a football league full of travel headaches? We have that already. Invest all efforts in finding a permanent solution and not a bandaid.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:55 pm

No....Im just saying if you have a game or two that are a little longer travel wise, make sure its on a Friday. Baseball and soccer are even easier...play on Saturday.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:14 pm

Three starting QB’s but Gallia’s really good QB transferred to Meigs that first year to win the SEOAL in 67
That is correct, Rod Gilkey transferred from Gallipolis.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ravensfan09 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:51 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:55 pm

No....Im just saying if you have a game or two that are a little longer travel wise, make sure its on a Friday. Baseball and soccer are even easier...play on Saturday.
But then it makes it harder to schedule non league games when schools tend to play league ges on the same nights.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”