Logan Football League Talk

ravensfan09
JV Team

Re: Why is Logan not in a League?

Post by ravensfan09 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:04 pm
ravensfan09 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:51 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:55 pm

So change the entire league schedule for one team?
What about baseball and softball? Soccer? Track......
We have more than 2 sports at the high school level.
No....Im just saying if you have a game or two that are a little longer travel wise, make sure its on a Friday. Baseball and soccer are even easier...play on Saturday.
But then it makes it harder to schedule non league games when schools tend to play league ges on the same nights.
I do understand your point, but if the big schools in southern Ohio are going to play. They are going to have to have travel days. Fridays and Saturdays make the most sense.

Chief02
Varsity

Future of Logan - League

Post by Chief02 »

Well, we are near that time of year again where conference’s looking to realign or invite new members are going to be active. This begs the question.....does Logan have any hope this year of receiving an invite? Just for fun and because we have nothing else to talk about, what are your top 3 likely options for Logan regarding a future league?

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Future of Logan - League

Post by countywide35 »

In a tough spot. Smart and veteran People seeing Logan and see what’s going on at Logan know that Logan won’t be a 4-6/5-5 team forever. They know they will back to their powerhouse ways of competing for league crowns year in and year out. And schools don’t want that kind of school coming in. That’s what puts Logan in a tough spot.

LoganLocos will elaborate more on this question. But what it is about the MSL that doesn’t want Logan in it ?? Besides the competition???
Last edited by countywide35 on Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:42 am In a tough spot. Smart and veteran People seeing Logan and see what’s going on at Logan know that Logan won’t be a 4-6/5-5 team forever. They know they will back to their powerhouse ways of competing for league crowns year in and year out. And schools don’t want that kind of school coming in. That’s what puts Logan in a tough spot.

LoganLocos will elaborate more on this question. But what it is about the MVL that doesn’t want Logan in it ?? Besides the competition???
I’m sure Locos will elaborate more. I always enjoy his perspective, even if it continually dashes my hopes regarding a league. 🤣

The MSL seems to be the most logical choice to me league wise, but I know we have burnt some bridges there. MVL would be a decent option as well.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

What bridges were burned with the MSL? Or do you mean applying in the past and not being accepted?

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

I hope they reach out to the TVC again. We have Marietta ready to join. If we can get Logan and one or two more to commit we can finally get the three division thing going. That would keep schools like us, Eastern and Southern from having to go to Trimble and getting whipped, and from driving all those miles to take the beatings. So, if you have any pull at Logan put that bug in someones ear who can get the ball rolling again.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:11 am What bridges were burned with the MSL? Or do you mean applying in the past and not being accepted?
Well I was told we had burnt a bridge with Amanda when we played them in basketball in 2015-16 and was pressing them even though we were up by 40. Amanda administration didn’t take too kindly to it.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

meatswinger wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:51 am I hope they reach out to the TVC again. We have Marietta ready to join. If we can get Logan and one or two more to commit we can finally get the three division thing going. That would keep schools like us, Eastern and Southern from having to go to Trimble and getting whipped, and from driving all those miles to take the beatings. So, if you have any pull at Logan put that bug in someones ear who can get the ball rolling again.

Athens would not be in favor of schools like Logan Jackson coming into the TVC. Jackson doesn’t need a league just giving an example of schools. Logan is of course trying their tails off to get into a league. But rest assure. Athens would not be in any way shape or form being a supporting member to allow Logan into the TVC..

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Chief02 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:46 am
countywide35 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:42 am In a tough spot. Smart and veteran People seeing Logan and see what’s going on at Logan know that Logan won’t be a 4-6/5-5 team forever. They know they will back to their powerhouse ways of competing for league crowns year in and year out. And schools don’t want that kind of school coming in. That’s what puts Logan in a tough spot.

LoganLocos will elaborate more on this question. But what it is about the MVL that doesn’t want Logan in it ?? Besides the competition???
I’m sure Locos will elaborate more. I always enjoy his perspective, even if it continually dashes my hopes regarding a league. 🤣

The MSL seems to be the most logical choice to me league wise, but I know we have burnt some bridges there. MVL would be a decent option as well.

Yes, locos is a spot on poster for sure......

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:27 pm
meatswinger wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:51 am I hope they reach out to the TVC again. We have Marietta ready to join. If we can get Logan and one or two more to commit we can finally get the three division thing going. That would keep schools like us, Eastern and Southern from having to go to Trimble and getting whipped, and from driving all those miles to take the beatings. So, if you have any pull at Logan put that bug in someones ear who can get the ball rolling again.

Athens would not be in favor of schools like Logan Jackson coming into the TVC. Jackson doesn’t need a league just giving an example of schools. Logan is of course trying their tails off to get into a league. But rest assure. Athens would not be in any way shape or form being a supporting member to allow Logan into the TVC..

Well, if there are enough schools coming in to make it so Athens has to move up and away from most of the other Ohio division schools I think Logan could get the votes. Something has to give. Athens wins pretty much everything in the Ohio and Trimble is dominating the Hocking. We're tired of it and I know Nelsonville is, and other schools too.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:27 pm Athens would not be in favor of schools like Logan Jackson coming into the TVC. Jackson doesn’t need a league just giving an example of schools. Logan is of course trying their tails off to get into a league. But rest assure. Athens would not be in any way shape or form being a supporting member to allow Logan into the TVC..
Logan is just way too big for the TVC. Logan would never stay in the TVC. Just like when Jackson tried to join. I told you Jackson is joining another league and the TVC would be temporary. Logan wants to join small school D1 league that’s East and South East of Columbus

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I figured I could get some feathers ruffled 😂

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

meatswinger wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:32 pm
countywide35 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:27 pm

Well, if there are enough schools coming in to make it so Athens has to move up and away from most of the other Ohio division schools I think Logan could get the votes. Something has to give. Athens wins pretty much everything in the Ohio and Trimble is dominating the Hocking. We're tired of it and I know Nelsonville is, and other schools too.

I don’t think you are the only one who feels that way.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The FAC should add Logan :lol:

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:07 pm The FAC should add Logan :lol:
FAC that! :D

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Would LOVE to have Logan in the FAC!!!!

The schools west of Chillicothe will Prevent that from happening. Not going to be sending a volleyball team from Hillboro on a Tuesday evening to Logan or vice versa.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Yeah, those western teams wouldn’t go for it. It wouldn’t be a long term viable solution. If the FAC could add more teams and make and eastern and western division, it may make be more palatable. That’s not likely though.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:39 pm
countywide35 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:27 pm Athens would not be in favor of schools like Logan Jackson coming into the TVC. Jackson doesn’t need a league just giving an example of schools. Logan is of course trying their tails off to get into a league. But rest assure. Athens would not be in any way shape or form being a supporting member to allow Logan into the TVC..
Logan is just way too big for the TVC. Logan would never stay in the TVC. Just like when Jackson tried to join. I told you Jackson is joining another league and the TVC would be temporary. Logan wants to join small school D1 league that’s East and South East of Columbus
If the TVC could bring in Marietta, Warren and Logan I think Athens would go with it. Looking to the future. Talk on here has the TVC growing smaller and when that happen a New TVC will be brought to gather and Athens will not be ask to join making them what Logan is now. If SEO wants to keep a name they need to keep some larger schools together. So what I'm saying it just might be the time to go with 3 divisions in the TVC. There are probably four schools that want to stay away from Trimble so put them in the smaller division. Get Marietta, Warren, Logan, Athens back and you might see Jackson. Then bring Vinton Cty into make six in the big division. Love to see NY in with these because they can always play football with that croup, but with their size they should go in the mid division. I really do not see Logan being what they use to be. Seems like something is keeping the boys from join football. I also think if Marietta came in their programs would come back. Joining a DI East or South East of Columbus just cannot happen if you don't have DI schools in SEO.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:58 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:39 pm
If the TVC could bring in Marietta, Warren and Logan I think Athens would go with it. Looking to the future. Talk on here has the TVC growing smaller and when that happen a New TVC will be brought to gather and Athens will not be ask to join making them what Logan is now. If SEO wants to keep a name they need to keep some larger schools together. So what I'm saying it just might be the time to go with 3 divisions in the TVC. There are probably four schools that want to stay away from Trimble so put them in the smaller division. Get Marietta, Warren, Logan, Athens back and you might see Jackson. Then bring Vinton Cty into make six in the big division. Love to see NY in with these because they can always play football with that croup, but with their size they should go in the mid division. I really do not see Logan being what they use to be. Seems like something is keeping the boys from join football. I also think if Marietta came in their programs would come back. Joining a DI East or South East of Columbus just cannot happen if you don't have DI schools in SEO.
I volunteer South Gallia to be one of the four to stay away from Trimble.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Logan
Athens
Warren
Marietta
Belpre
Wellston
Trimble
Nelsonville Yerk

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!

Return to “Football”