Loudest fans ovc

Waterboy

Loudest fans ovc

Post by 1204 »

I dont mean to start an argument,but who do you think has the best fans in the ovc,meaning loudest and travels well and respectful

Grandpaw44
Waterboy

Re: Loudest fans ovc

Post by Grandpaw44 »

Chesapeake

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

From the games I seen I would guess coal grove

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Gallia fans are great they travel well and were loud home or away! I of course dispised this but can’t not give them props.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Not South Point

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

whom travels the best?

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

Pa Trojan wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:17 am whom travels the best?
I'd have to say Gallia Academy this past season.

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

Rock Hill has always seemed to have a good turnout home and away whenever they play Oak Hill.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Idk who has the loudest or travels the best, but I can say Portsmouth doesn’t travel very well, and during home games there’s times you can hear a pen drop it’s so quiet. Student section almost doesn’t exist, worst entrance in the history of football. Such a nice facility but dull atmosphere.

Who Dey!
ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

I'd say it would fepend on the success of the team. Rock Hill has great fans if they are winning, so does Chesapeake abd and Ironton. If the wins aren't there the crowds seem to dwindle.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I don't mean to step on anybodie's toes here. but ironton wasn't in the ovc during this time frame, so I guess it's a mute point. and I know this question is current. but during bob Lutz's tenure. for a school ironton's size. you would be hard pressed to find any school with a more raucous crowd. and they brought everybody in town it seemed. anybody around during this time knows it is true. they would fill their bleacher's take over the home side and be 8/10 deep all the way around the field, any field, anywhere, anytime. even going to state games or playoffs there was just a flood of tiger fans everywhere you looked on the highway. cars decorated, tiger tails hanging out of car trunks. it was crazy. I remember one game we played at Russell. me dad, lisa and the boys always got their early to get prime seats. sometimes 90 minutes before a game. my wife was sitting next to me. and your setting in the Russell bleachers, and the next thing you know. just a sea of humanity in orange and black came flooding over that hill and down that asphalt road to the visitors side you saw in just a matter of minutes like locusts a sea just invading as they swallowed Russell's visiting side. then the sidelines on the visitors side was standing room only. then they took over the hill by the Russell locker room. and then started on the red devil home side invading it. it's a memory i'll never forget. I told lisa look at that, like locusts swarming over a hillside. I know it's not quite like that now. but I hope again one day it is. and then you'd see a sea of fans from all the other Lawrence county schools falling in in rock hill, and coal grove, south point, symmes valley, fairland, Chesapeake and all the school jackets and the like. and it was like that every game in the playoffs.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it was like the last person out of Lawrence county, don't forget to turn out the lights.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:53 pm I don't mean to step on anybodie's toes here. but ironton wasn't in the ovc during this time frame, so I guess it's a mute point. and I know this question is current. but during bob Lutz's tenure. for a school ironton's size. you would be hard pressed to find any school with a more raucous crowd. and they brought everybody in town it seemed. anybody around during this time knows it is true. they would fill their bleacher's take over the home side and be 8/10 deep all the way around the field, any field, anywhere, anytime. even going to state games or playoffs there was just a flood of tiger fans everywhere you looked on the highway. cars decorated, tiger tails hanging out of car trunks. it was crazy. I remember one game we played at Russell. me dad, lisa and the boys always got their early to get prime seats. sometimes 90 minutes before a game. my wife was sitting next to me. and your setting in the Russell bleachers, and the next thing you know. just a sea of humanity in orange and black came flooding over that hill and down that asphalt road to the visitors side you saw in just a matter of minutes like locusts a sea just invading as they swallowed Russell's visiting side. then the sidelines on the visitors side was standing room only. then they took over the hill by the Russell locker room. and then started on the red devil home side invading it. it's a memory i'll never forget. I told lisa look at that, like locusts swarming over a hillside. I know it's not quite like that now. but I hope again one day it is. and then you'd see a sea of fans from all the other Lawrence county schools falling in in rock hill, and coal grove, south point, symmes valley, fairland, Chesapeake and all the school jackets and the like. and it was like that every game in the playoffs.
Yes I remember Lutz was a legend you all were blessed by the football gods. It sounds like your on the path back to glory. Should be a good scrimmage can’t wait.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Ironton definitely had the best glory years. The years Bait is speaking of were very special! Sadly those days seem to be gone unless some industry moves back to in to Ironton or Ashland. Enrollment has dropped and the population is getting older. There are many great kids and they work hard, but when you go from D3/D4 and then you drop to D5...its just not the same.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yeah man, but what a ride. some very special memories from 1972 to 2007. and I was at dang near everyone of them back in the day. ====================== I got to talk to Cincinnati cape's coach one time about an hour before a game at ironton. he told me that ironton was the most intimidating place he had ever coached or played at in his career. I can't remember the guys name. he gave me a cape jersey for my memorabilia collection.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:19 am yeah man, but what a ride. some very special memories from 1972 to 2007. and I was at dang near everyone of them back in the day. ====================== I got to talk to Cincinnati cape's coach one time about an hour before a game at ironton. he told me that ironton was the most intimidating place he had ever coached or played at in his career. I can't remember the guys name. he gave me a cape jersey for my memorabilia collection.
Awesome story! Carlos Snow vs. Bobby Brice?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

PTrojan59 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:26 pm Idk who has the loudest or travels the best, but I can say Portsmouth doesn’t travel very well, and during home games there’s times you can hear a pen drop it’s so quiet. Student section almost doesn’t exist, worst entrance in the history of football. Such a nice facility but dull atmosphere.
Portsmouth fans do not travel well. Barely show up to home games. And spirit wise you see other teams at there home field have music and run out fired up. Portsmouth has no music and walks out. Not really but we could use a major change in coming out. Intimidation plays a key part and having kids fired up helps.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”