Russell ky (7) @ Ironton(35)

flash
JV Team

Re: Week 2 : (0-1) Russell ky @ (0-1) Ironton

Post by flash »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:25 pm I was just making the observation that it would be hard to evaluate anything about him since I have never seen him. based on the fact he was getting no blocking. I didn't even know his name until now. hard to get a fair shake playing a loaded team and poor execution blocking. if it was me someone was referring to. I'm just glad he didn't get injured. and maybe against a lesser team if he gets better protection he may be more productive. I don't even have any idea what grade he is in. if lisa can get off early enough we want to try to make the Russell game. but I can't drive at night that far by myself. just very locally.
Gage Salyers is a Sophomore, if O-line does it's job, we will show you what he can do.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:23 pm
laser breath wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:21 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:15 pm Ironton could easily start out 0-4 and finish 4-6 if not very careful
If Salyers gets hurt, that's exactly what's going to happen. They've put all their eggs in his basket and now have to live with it.
Im not gonna lie i have no idea who your talking about. I was not even at the game. Lol but just reading and looking at their oppenents it could be a long year..

win's
gallia
south point
maybe rockhill
and a toss up with fairland
I am not so sure about putting the Blue Devils in the win column just yet.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:18 pm Was not talking about you Bait, not this time :lol:

okay dutch, thanks a heap.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

flash wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:30 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:25 pm I was just making the observation that it would be hard to evaluate anything about him since I have never seen him. based on the fact he was getting no blocking. I didn't even know his name until now. hard to get a fair shake playing a loaded team and poor execution blocking. if it was me someone was referring to. I'm just glad he didn't get injured. and maybe against a lesser team if he gets better protection he may be more productive. I don't even have any idea what grade he is in. if lisa can get off early enough we want to try to make the Russell game. but I can't drive at night that far by myself. just very locally.
Gage Salyers is a Sophomore, if O-line does it's job, we will show you what he can do.

thank you flash.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:33 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:23 pm
laser breath wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:21 pm

If Salyers gets hurt, that's exactly what's going to happen. They've put all their eggs in his basket and now have to live with it.
Im not gonna lie i have no idea who your talking about. I was not even at the game. Lol but just reading and looking at their oppenents it could be a long year..

win's
gallia
south point
maybe rockhill
and a toss up with fairland
I am not so sure about putting the Blue Devils in the win column just yet.
It was no disrespect to gallia. Just at this point ironton may take them

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Watched some of the reserve game last night Ironton and Burg. We were bad in every phase of the game.
Last edited by Game day on Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

Ironton will not win the OVC this year. Great run though

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Nut wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:47 pm Ironton will not win the OVC this year. Great run though
Word out on the street loose this game and Ironton will have another head coach.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Russell will win this one in a tough one. These aren't your dads tigers anymore. Could see 1 or 2 OVC losses.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Russell is a little down, but expect TJ to be the great equalizer. Ashland will be a running clock, take that to the bank. They have more speed than Burg.

Remember last year when I told you all Russell and Ashland would beat the Tigers and you all laughed and said Russell was "down". Not so much. Now this year they are a little down, but it will not shock me if TJ pulls out another win.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

let's get er done tigers. the burg game is history. we can still have a wonderfully successful season.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

this is the same talk after last years loss to burg. Ironton looked good in the spread, that qb wasn't scared to throw, if ironton gets a lead then you will see how good they are. playing from behind and giving burg the ball in the redzone several times will make any team look bad. Portsmouth is irontons biggest game and they have 8 games to get used to the spread

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

tigerfan98 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:46 pm this is the same talk after last years loss to burg. Ironton looked good in the spread, that qb wasn't scared to throw, if ironton gets a lead then you will see how good they are. playing from behind and giving burg the ball in the redzone several times will make any team look bad. Portsmouth is irontons biggest game and they have 8 games to get used to the spread
They had 50 yards and three turnovers. Throwing the ball is the least of their worries. They aren't deep enough win 8 games in a row.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

tigerfan98 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:46 pm this is the same talk after last years loss to burg. Ironton looked good in the spread, that qb wasn't scared to throw, if ironton gets a lead then you will see how good they are. playing from behind and giving burg the ball in the redzone several times will make any team look bad. Portsmouth is irontons biggest game and they have 8 games to get used to the spread

I WERE RIGHT HERE AT THE BAITCAVE TUNED IN.AND I PERSONALLY DON'T KNOW TOO MANY FIGHTING TIGER FANS WHO WERE THINKING TOO OPTIMISTIC AT THE POINT DURING OR AFTER THE BURG GAME. BUT THINKING THE POLAR OPPOSITE, LEAST I WAS. BUT YOU CAIN'T SAY OKAY BOYS FORFEIT THE SEASON CAUSE THE BURG TRUCKED US AGAIN.GOTTA GET UP N BACK ON THE HORSE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. BIG RIVALRY GAME WITH THE RUSSELL RED DEVILS THIS WEEK. SO GO TIGERS.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

At some point, the coaches and players have to get downright mean and begin to assert themselves. There will always be teams that are better than you but that doesn't mean you lie down and take the abuse they are dishing out. I never thought I would see the day the Tigers would be on the receiving end of a running clock game but it is happening with regularity these days. It is time to get the Fight back into the Tigers. The fans nor the community cannot do this for them. It has to come from inside each and every one of them. If they aren't willing, they will suffer the consequences.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Hard to understand why the Board or whomever is in charge of this fiasco for the last five years or so would keep this up year after year. JMHO
Good Luck Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THIS GAME HAS BEEN MOVED TO SATURDAY NIGHT I WAS TOLD ON FACEBOOK FROM THE EXPECTATION OF HEAVY RAIN.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good luck Ironton.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Saturday or not, Tigers need to get mean and get a win. No more allowing teams to step all over you. That applies to the coaches as well as the players.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

79Tiger wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:53 am Saturday or not, Tigers need to get mean and get a win. No more allowing teams to step all over you. That applies to the coaches as well as the players.
i'll 2nd that motion brother.

Return to “Football”