SEOP

Re: Week 2: Minford @ Oak Hill

Post by Poo Bear »

Oaks

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Hard to tell...Minford was not that impressive against Rock Hill, who had a freshman QB in which they knew they would run 99% of the time. RH still had one back with 199 yards and another with 133 with a ver, very small O-Line. Did not see OH/Chesapeake but Peake looked very good in previews. Falcons better tighten up D considering they loaded the box and still got ran on very easily. Like for the Falcons to win but would be very shaky to pick them.

Shadow oak
Waterboy

Post by Shadow oak »

Oaks on this one, oak hill came back from.a 14 point deficit and forced 3 turnovers against the Panthers, the Panthers could not stop the oak hill offense and offensive line. oak hill was going for the game timing score but the QB sneak was ruled no good, seniors Zach fisher and Caleb Johnson will be a force to be reckoned with as well as junior baylee clusters at fullback and walker smith at wingback. It is possible to see the oaks spread the ball around to their recievers Daniel Stewart, Dalton Lewis and Tommy kerns as well as TE cole hanning.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Burg94 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:22 pm Hard to tell...Minford was not that impressive against Rock Hill, who had a freshman QB in which they knew they would run 99% of the time. RH still had one back with 199 yards and another with 133 with a ver, very small O-Line. Did not see OH/Chesapeake but Peake looked very good in previews. Falcons better tighten up D considering they loaded the box and still got ran on very easily. Like for the Falcons to win but would be very shaky to pick them.
Considering they only had 257 yards rushing on 57 carries I'd say you have some misinformation

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

This could be a must win for Minford

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

257 yards with 9-10 in the box should not be complimentary. Gaines had good game and hope the D-Line can be a little more active against the Oaks...have some big boys in NY and Logan coming soon so some adjustments will have to be made. Good luck this week!

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Zak Adkins 199 yards...Cameron Barnett 123 yards. The 257 came from other negative plays. Credit Ironton Tribune...

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

From what I saw vs RH, Minford was in position to make stops at the LOS but kept hitting the backs high and didnt wrap up.

They definitely have to get this fixed. I agree that they knew RH wasnt going to throw the ball often so they could load the box. Gotta stop the yards after contact.

RH's line wasnt a bunch of fat kids, they were tall, quick and could move. Physically they reminded me a lot of of Ridgewood's line when Minford played them in the playoffs a few years ago. That style offensive line.

I think RH will surprise a few people if they can replace the back they lost.

The size Minford lacks up front has to be made up with good tackling at the point of attack. They were in position, just let RH's backs get too many yards after contact.

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

Oak Hill needs to play with more discipline on defense. Oaks played a solid game against Peak but 15 yard penalties can’t happen. Both Oak Hill backs (#11 and #32) run very hard and if Minford doesn’t tackle well they will be very effective. Defensively the Oaks gave up big plays on the ground to Peaks QB but with his speed we won’t be the last. See a good game and with the rain headed in it will turn into a old school running game. Oaks 21 Minford 14

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Oak Hill names the score in this one, I don't know if Minford has another win on the schedule outside of Northwest.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

N2Hoops wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:45 am Oak Hill names the score in this one, I don't know if Minford has another win on the schedule outside of Northwest.
Oak Hill wins: Symmes Valley, Notre Dame freshman squad, Northwest, Eastern and Green (that got smacked by a CLUB team).
Losses: Peake, Rock Hill (you'll be surprised even without their best RB) Minford (I hope), Burg and quite possibly East (with only 59 boys in HS).

Yeah thats a tough schedule for the school thats scared to play up in SOCII even though they have more males enrolled than Burg and Valley :lol: :lol:

Keep going....let us know when you're ready to move up to SOC II and get belted again.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:17 pm
N2Hoops wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:45 am Oak Hill names the score in this one, I don't know if Minford has another win on the schedule outside of Northwest.
Oak Hill wins: Symmes Valley, Notre Dame freshman squad, Northwest, Eastern and Green (that got smacked by a CLUB team).
Losses: Peake, Rock Hill (you'll be surprised even without their best RB) Minford (I hope), Burg and quite possibly East (with only 59 boys in HS).

Yeah thats a tough schedule for the school thats scared to play up in SOCII even though they have more males enrolled than Burg and Valley :lol: :lol:

Keep going....let us know when you're ready to move up to SOC II and get belted again.
:o :lol:

Let's not forget Minford also played a first time starter at QB who has not played in 2 years... and that defense held RH to 0 points in the second half to end the game.

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

Yes, Oak Hill plays in the SOC 1 and it took a vote by all SOC schools to put them in it. I read all the time that Oak Hill doesn’t belong in SOC 1. It’s easy to fix, vote to put them back, but we are talking about the same votes that keep Portsmouth and Jackson out. And why does the SOC 2 teams schedule a little SOC 1 school every year, time to start playing up.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Noodle319 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:38 pm Yes, Oak Hill plays in the SOC 1 and it took a vote by all SOC schools to put them in it. I read all the time that Oak Hill doesn’t belong in SOC 1. It’s easy to fix, vote to put them back, but we are talking about the same votes that keep Portsmouth and Jackson out. And why does the SOC 2 teams schedule a little SOC 1 school every year, time to start playing up.
That's why Minford is playing a much bigger school in Logan this year.

Next.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The same can't be said for Oak Hill who plays 4, that's right.....4 D7 teams.

And trust me, the discussions of the Oaks moving up have happened. The powers to be at that time for Oak Hill wanted nothing to do with it.

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

Minford plays Logan, maybe a two year contract. Oak Hill comes to the SOC 2 and will not compete in football for years. Why would OH admin back us moving, we have been successful and have made the playoffs, that's good for our kids. If the SOC wanted to have competition they should have picked up Jackson, Portsmouth, ironton and Gallia academy, three divisions everybody plays where they should and they put multiple teams in playoffs. Problem solved

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I think minford can pull this one out. I may also be real wrong

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think this will be a good game.

Not sure what type of offense OH is running, but the rain forecasted shouldnt effect either team's running game much since its on turf. Although it might cause a few turnovers.

Even with Minford running a spread, they will continue to run the ball far more than throw it. Hopefully the rain holds off and they will be able to get the ball up in the air a little. #3 is a very dangerous target with his jumping ability and overall speed.

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

I will be surprised if this game is competitive. Oak Hill wins.

Return to “Football”