Burg J V and freshman games

Neutron Man
All State

Re: Burg J V and freshman games

Post by Neutron Man »

Burg JV Beat Undefeated Minford 26-20 Monday.
Was a great game, Lots of penalties. Finished Undefeated!!
Not sure about Freshman Record. Cabell Midland Cancelled on them. I think they are tryin to get another game

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Burg freshmen are 3-1 with their only loss coming to Raceland, Who they are going to play again, this time at Home!

bigblue4life
Riding the Bench

Post by bigblue4life »

Just a correction here it was actually Russell who beat Wheelersburg. The score was 28-14. Raceland beat Russell 22-16 but Raceland played a few sophomore's and some of Russell's best freshman players didn't play against them due to Russell having to play freshman on varsity. Four or five of Russell's best varsity players have season ending injuries. I guess playing freshman should help in the future. Sorry to hijack your thread I just wanted to come over here and make the correction. Just a fyi our best Freshman players did play against Wheelersburg and Ashland(only 2 games where our best went all out for 4 quarters) in the Kiwanis Bowl last night which Russell won over Ashland 22-8. I think the goal was to play all the freshman in the games where Russell knew the competition would be good. I myself as a Russell fan have a lot of respect for for Wheelersburg sports in general. Good Luck in the Ohio state playoffs and I hope Wheelersburg brings home the Division 5 state championship.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

bigblue4life wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:44 pm Just a correction here it was actually Russell who beat Wheelersburg. The score was 28-14. Raceland beat Russell 22-16 but Raceland played a few sophomore's and some of Russell's best freshman players didn't play against them due to Russell having to play freshman on varsity. Four or five of Russell's best varsity players have season ending injuries. I guess playing freshman should help in the future. Sorry to hijack your thread I just wanted to come over here and make the correction. Just a fyi our best Freshman players did play against Wheelersburg and Ashland(only 2 games where our best went all out for 4 quarters) in the Kiwanis Bowl last night which Russell won over Ashland 22-8. I think the goal was to play all the freshman in the games where Russell knew the competition would be good. I myself as a Russell fan have a lot of respect for for Wheelersburg sports in general. Good Luck in the Ohio state playoffs and I hope Wheelersburg brings home the Division 5 state championship.
Thanks! I appreciate that and probably a lot of other Burg fans 😏

Return to “Football”