Fort Frye(23) @ (19)Waterford

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Fort Frye(23) @ (19)Waterford

Post by Orange and Brown »

Jughead wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 pm Again it's the number of male students. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true
Everyone Nelsonville-York plays accept for Trimble and Newark Catholic (same size) is bigger.
We are the smallest school in the TVC-OHIO and we don't complain.
Get better!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK3 (1-1) Fort Frye @ Waterford (2-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

TheDoctor wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:02 pm If Waterford puts up 30+ Friday night I'll meet you down at Jukebox after the game and buy you and your family dinner
Jukebox for life.

TheDoctor
Riding the Bench

Post by TheDoctor »

I think Billy Bob owes me a pizza

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

TheDoctor wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:59 am I think Billy Bob owes me a pizza
I say he buys you that or a Farmer from Turners after a long Friday drinking binge.

TheDoctor
Riding the Bench

Post by TheDoctor »

I'm good with either one... Billy Bob direct message my self and Eastern, we want our food

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

TheDoctor wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:28 am I'm good with either one... Billy Bob direct message my self and Eastern, we want our food
It wasn't me who said 30+. I said Waterford 22 FF 19. I'll take a large BBQ chicken pizza from the guy who said 30+

TheDoctor
Riding the Bench

Post by TheDoctor »

bbtrucking.inc wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:50 pm
TheDoctor wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:12 am As much as I want to take Waterford in this one, I don't think the big green have enough depth to outlast the the Cadets. FF by two scores...

The DB campaign will still be in full force...Baldwin for Mayor #pizzaparty
The cadet defense does not have the defense to interupt anything less than 30 or so points. SO the offense is going to have to step it up and do way better than against Northridge.
My bad Billybob....BB trucking is on the hook for pizza

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

TheDoctor wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:12 am As much as I want to take Waterford in this one, I don't think the big green have enough depth to outlast the the Cadets. FF by two scores...

The cadet defense does not have the defense to interupt anything less than 30 or so points. SO the offense is going to have to step it up and do way better than against Northridge.
Pizza party on you bbtrucking

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Billybob55 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:55 am

Pizza party on you bbtrucking
Heck Yea!!!

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

I feel like if you're going to use school size as an excuse then FF shouldn't be considered your rival.

When you lose to a rival you're supposed to complain about officials, coaching, 'cheating', and 'dirty players'. Lol. When it gets to school size you need to find a new rival I guess.

I hate posting this after the pizza party plans were made, but I wanted to get my two cents in there. Lol

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

J8fusl wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:23 pm I feel like if you're going to use school size as an excuse then FF shouldn't be considered your rival.

When you lose to a rival you're supposed to complain about officials, coaching, 'cheating', and 'dirty players'. Lol. When it gets to school size you need to find a new rival I guess.

I hate posting this after the pizza party plans were made, but I wanted to get my two cents in there. Lol
Pretty lame excuse when your team has more players if you asked me.

Jughead
Waterboy

Post by Jughead »

Of course you would coming from the bigger school and you are correct this year it didn't matter but in the history of the rivalry it has made a huge difference as you said that bringing in warren in the pvc would be much bigger than the rest of the school. So lame I don't think so

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Your AD continues to schedule the game.

Jughead
Waterboy

Post by Jughead »

You are right about that people in Waterford want to believe we can compete with ff in football but I believe the series is 35 -7 all time just like leaving the pvc was a tough decision I believe it would be in the best interest of Waterford to drop ff and pick up another d7 school

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Jughead wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:40 pm You are right about that people in Waterford want to believe we can compete with ff in football but I believe the series is 35 -7 all time just like leaving the pvc was a tough decision I believe it would be in the best interest of Waterford to drop ff and pick up another d7 school
Really best interest? That game prob brings in double what your other home games bring. Also you beat Fort in basketball last year what's the difference there? School size is lamest excuse I've ever heard in this rivalry. You haven't beat us in Football because we're better. The enrollments before this one was like 98-128 in terms of boys. Trust me both schools are still small we're talking 1 div. You want to bring up Warren who had close 325 kids and say that's like what's it's like with Fort over Waterford. Fort and Waterford are very similar you add both the schools up they still have less then Warren. I don't hear you complaining about Belpre and Federal Hocking they are both D6 also. Should Waterford go dropping them? Should Waterford go Beallsville and go join a small WV league?

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

Jughead wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:40 pm You are right about that people in Waterford want to believe we can compete with ff in football but I believe the series is 35 -7 all time just like leaving the pvc was a tough decision I believe it would be in the best interest of Waterford to drop ff and pick up another d7 school
You don't actually believe that it would be in our best interest to drop fort frye. That may be one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. Delete your account

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:50 pm
Really best interest? That game prob brings in double what your other home games bring. Also you beat Fort in basketball last year what's the difference there? School size is lamest excuse I've ever heard in this rivalry. You haven't beat us in Football because we're better. The enrollments before this one was like 98-128 in terms of boys. Trust me both schools are still small we're talking 1 div. You want to bring up Warren who had close 325 kids and say that's like what's it's like with Fort over Waterford. Fort and Waterford are very similar you add both the schools up they still have less then Warren. I don't hear you complaining about Belpre and Federal Hocking they are both D6 also. Should Waterford go dropping them? Should Waterford go Beallsville and go join a small WV league?
The numbers are 130-70 by OHSAA standards. That's nearly double and it isn't an excuse but a simple matter of probability. Yes, you are correct that FF has the better program, but in the grand scheme, the size difference is always a factor. FF should expect to win every year and most of the time they hold up their end. Waterford chooses the priority of helping to fund a big portion of its sports programs off the gate from the handful of games between the two schools, so you are also right in that it is silly to accept the challenge knowing full well the odds, then turn around and cry about the odds.

Belpre & FH both have enrollments in the high 90s, by the way. Waterford won't find many schools to play that have exactly the same number but when you are talking about such a small pool, there's a huge difference between Belpre & FF comparatively (33% more kids vs. about 85% more kids).

Warren is a good example for FF. They used to play every year and it was a lopsided rivalry. In basketball, both have had top notch programs, but Warren dominates FF. If most other factors are equal, the numbers are going to make a difference over the long haul in both cases.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Both programs are in a good groove. I needled these so-called Waterford fans a little, but the action on the field is all you need to know the series should continue. The fans love it, and the competition makes the kids better. I would rather lose a 4 point game than win by 50.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

enigmaax wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:44 am
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:50 pm
The numbers are 130-70 by OHSAA standards. That's nearly double and it isn't an excuse but a simple matter of probability. Yes, you are correct that FF has the better program, but in the grand scheme, the size difference is always a factor. FF should expect to win every year and most of the time they hold up their end. Waterford chooses the priority of helping to fund a big portion of its sports programs off the gate from the handful of games between the two schools, so you are also right in that it is silly to accept the challenge knowing full well the odds, then turn around and cry about the odds.

Belpre & FH both have enrollments in the high 90s, by the way. Waterford won't find many schools to play that have exactly the same number but when you are talking about such a small pool, there's a huge difference between Belpre & FF comparatively (33% more kids vs. about 85% more kids).

Warren is a good example for FF. They used to play every year and it was a lopsided rivalry. In basketball, both have had top notch programs, but Warren dominates FF. If most other factors are equal, the numbers are going to make a difference over the long haul in both cases.
Fed Hock has an Emis number of 119 and Belpres is a bit higher than that. Both schools are D6

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Fryes numbers have fluctuated over the years just a few years back they were at 120. The girls were at 108. You guys are acting like Fort is this huge school which ain't true. They've rarely been over 40 football players.

Return to “Football”