Wheelersburg(41) @ (0)Heath

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: WK3 (2-0) Wheelersburg @ (0-2) Heath

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Clovis wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:26 am
P(irate) wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:09 pm I think all this mumbo jumbo about the playbook falls back to this one thing. It's called respect. I don't have a doubt in my mind that Coach did t care if they got the plays. What he cared more about was probably Vass reaching out to him for help and then turning around and using the Hudl account. That's probably what it was. But what do I know? Y'all can't keep claiming this and that. But really think about it. Stupid conversation to have. And Heath? I really don't know anything about them. They were good last year and now are 0-2. Does that mean anything? Not really. I know Burg will field a solid team and play their guts out. If they catch a 14 point lead it can turn ugly quick. Best for Heath to slow the game down. But that will be hard to do against thisBurg defense. I know we will all find out in just a couple short days. Good luck to both sides.
Again, get over it. The only people claiming anything are you people. You guys have to realize that a lot of schools use that offense. That is just an excuse to bully, lie and defame a juvenile. Again, I would tread lightly with comments. People are not secure behind a screen name. Could end up going somewhere you don't want it to. But what do I know.
Somebody skipped 1st grade reading class. Read it again and tell me where I said anything threatening about a juvenile? Is Vass a juvenile? Didn't think so. You are just trying to stir the pot and act like some Billy BA. If I have read all your comments correctly, you are the one that seems out of line sir.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

P(irate) wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:42 pm
Clovis wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:26 am
P(irate) wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:09 pm I think all this mumbo jumbo about the playbook falls back to this one thing. It's called respect. I don't have a doubt in my mind that Coach did t care if they got the plays. What he cared more about was probably Vass reaching out to him for help and then turning around and using the Hudl account. That's probably what it was. But what do I know? Y'all can't keep claiming this and that. But really think about it. Stupid conversation to have. And Heath? I really don't know anything about them. They were good last year and now are 0-2. Does that mean anything? Not really. I know Burg will field a solid team and play their guts out. If they catch a 14 point lead it can turn ugly quick. Best for Heath to slow the game down. But that will be hard to do against thisBurg defense. I know we will all find out in just a couple short days. Good luck to both sides.
Again, get over it. The only people claiming anything are you people. You guys have to realize that a lot of schools use that offense. That is just an excuse to bully, lie and defame a juvenile. Again, I would tread lightly with comments. People are not secure behind a screen name. Could end up going somewhere you don't want it to. But what do I know.
Somebody skipped 1st grade reading class. Read it again and tell me where I said anything threatening about a juvenile? Is Vass a juvenile? Didn't think so. You are just trying to stir the pot and act like some Billy BA. If I have read all your comments correctly, you are the one that seems out of line sir.
Agree pirate! This dude needs to get a life! Go burg! Beat heath!

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

49 Hours Til Kickoff! It's only Week 3 but it seems like a Playoff Game Friday! Playing a team that was 10-0 last year who has played hard this year against 2 great opponents. Burg will get out of school early, get on a bus for 2 and half hours, and play a new team with the game being broadcast on TV. Get through this challenge, and then next week it will be like another playoff game playing in another great challenge against Columbus Bishop Watterson. Such an exciting year being a Burg fan with these types of games weekly! And...can't wait til Bishop Hartley next year!!!

GO BURG!!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I think this will be a though game for burg. Heath has been competitive last few years in a tough league even tho their record didn't show it except for last year. With that being said, Burg doesn't take the pedal off the floor this week with watterson next week. We need the kids to be ready every week to play!!!! Subs better get their act together and get ready to perform!!! Heath, Watterson, Jackson!! Burn it guys!!!! This is your year!!! Execute! Make your reads! Dominate!!!!! Give it 6 seconds every down!!!!! GO BURG!!

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

PirateBB wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:18 pm 49 Hours Til Kickoff! It's only Week 3 but it seems like a Playoff Game Friday! Playing a team that was 10-0 last year who has played hard this year against 2 great opponents. Burg will get out of school early, get on a bus for 2 and half hours, and play a new team with the game being broadcast on TV. Get through this challenge, and then next week it will be like another playoff game playing in another great challenge against Columbus Bishop Watterson. Such an exciting year being a Burg fan with these types of games weekly! And...can't wait til Bishop Hartley next year!!!

GO BURG!!!
PirateBB you seem to be really pumped up for the next 2 weeks and I can't say that I blame you! This Pirate team is the real deal after watching them dismantle a very good Ironton team that will create a lot of secondary playoff points for Wheelersburg. Who were Heath's 2 losses to? Have you seen film of Heath and who are their key players?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Heath has lost two heart breaking games so far. I'm not 100% positive but I think they run and gun. Like to empty the backfield. Not a big team but really fast. This will be a huge test on burgs secondary that had some teaching moments in the fair land game. Burg should put points on the board as they are suspect to give up. Burg need to be focused on d. If they do, they should win by two or three scores. If not, upset might happen

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

falcons4life wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:11 pm
PirateBB wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:18 pm 49 Hours Til Kickoff! It's only Week 3 but it seems like a Playoff Game Friday! Playing a team that was 10-0 last year who has played hard this year against 2 great opponents. Burg will get out of school early, get on a bus for 2 and half hours, and play a new team with the game being broadcast on TV. Get through this challenge, and then next week it will be like another playoff game playing in another great challenge against Columbus Bishop Watterson. Such an exciting year being a Burg fan with these types of games weekly! And...can't wait til Bishop Hartley next year!!!

GO BURG!!!
PirateBB you seem to be really pumped up for the next 2 weeks and I can't say that I blame you! This Pirate team is the real deal after watching them dismantle a very good Ironton team that will create a lot of secondary playoff points for Wheelersburg. Who were Heath's 2 losses to? Have you seen film of Heath and who are their key players?
Falcon, I certainly am! Heath lost to Liberty Union who is always a powerhouse and lost to a very good Licking Valley team, close margin 36-33. I haven't not been privy to any game film or online viewing of the Heath squad, but I have heard that they have a lot of speed. A 2.5 hour bus ride is a long ride, and sometimes things start slow after that. I recall last year that Burg traveled to Cincinnati North College Hill, and it started very slow and turned out to be a really close game. (I will note that it was a Saturday afternoon game.)

I agree Falcon that they have shown the possibilities of being the real deal, and we will know much more in just a few weeks!

GO BURG!!!

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

Falcon, I certainly am! Heath lost to Liberty Union who is always a powerhouse and lost to a very good Licking Valley team, close margin 36-33. I haven't not been privy to any game film or online viewing of the Heath squad, but I have heard that they have a lot of speed. A 2.5 hour bus ride is a long ride, and sometimes things start slow after that. I recall last year that Burg traveled to Cincinnati North College Hill, and it started very slow and turned out to be a really close game. (I will note that it was a Saturday afternoon game.)

I agree Falcon that they have shown the possibilities of being the real deal, and we will know much more in just a few weeks!

GO BURG!!!

Best of luck to the Pirates as they travel north Friday night! I am confident the young men will be well prepared and focused even
with the long drive after school. PirateBB thanks for the insight to the Heath team.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

i have been looking forward to this game since Dogg struck up the band last Saturday. Hoping to have a great game tomorrow and Burg show central Ohio what SEO is about. Safe travels to all

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

What channel will this game be on? I have spectrum

samiam
Waterboy

Post by samiam »

The game will be on 1311 @ 11:00pm

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am getting there very early, so I can get a great seat.
Weather being the determining factor.
I will take a few pics and do a game report.
I figure a few will read and look.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:31 am I am getting there very early, so I can get a great seat.
Looks like a beautiful evening. No rain in the forecast and 65 game time temperature.

Will look forward to the pics and report! Thanks!

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

samiam wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:47 pm The game will be on 1311 @ 11:00pm
Thanks 👌

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:31 am I am getting there very early, so I can get a great seat.
I know I will be! Thanks licking county fan

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Agree completely with all post about Heath being a durn good football team. Yes they are 0-2 but have lost to two perennially playoff programs. I especially look at the liberty union score which appears somewhat lopsided I know it's week 1 and you can't compare but you have to realize that liberty union is a div v region 19 school which means the road goes thru Baltimore LB at this early stage of the season if Burg wants to realize their goal of playing in canton. So the pressure is on. IMO to not only go win but win impressively and send a message to the rest of the region. If we play poorly or lose it could set the tone for some doubts going forward.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

victor creed wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:27 am Agree completely with all post about Heath being a durn good football team. Yes they are 0-2 but have lost to two perennially playoff programs. I especially look at the liberty union score which appears somewhat lopsided I know it's week 1 and you can't compare but you have to realize that liberty union is a div v region 19 school which means the road goes thru Baltimore LB at this early stage of the season if Burg wants to realize their goal of playing in canton. So the pressure is on. IMO to not only go win but win impressively and send a message to the rest of the region. If we play poorly or lose it could set the tone for some doubts going forward.
Liberty union projected to limp into playoffs at 6-4. It doesn't go through them. It goes through burg. Ironton is projected at 4th if that tells you anything.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

GO BURG

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I really cant see this not being a running clock.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck you crazy burgites

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”