Unioto(17) @ (31)Waverly

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: WK3 (2-0) Unioto @ (2-0) Waverly

Post by danicalifornia »

Sports-nut wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:01 pmStats?
Unioto was right around 300 yards of offense and Waverly was over 450 I believe. Wolf and Marquez each scored twice for Waverly, while Fisher and Adkins scored for Unioto.

Like smurray said, super physical game. It was really fun to watch. I was proud of the Shermans, especially because they could have rolled over once Waverly exploded like they did to start the 2nd half

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

I don't know what was said at halftime, but the Tigers came out in the 3rd on a mission. Both O and D were fired up and ready to prove a point. It was a great game to watch. Both teams physical, and playing hard.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sports-nut wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:01 pmStats?
I never heard.
Turnovers hurt both teams. Most costly one Tigers lost a fumble reaching the ball out for the goal line in the first half.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

3 TO's for each team. Said waverly QB over 300 passing.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto: 9-21 passing for 130 yards

Fisher also had 67 yards rushing, Poole with 10 carries for 49 yards, and Carroll had 4 carries for 45 yards (I believe he has a bit of a bum wheel, which would explain the amount of touches)

Waverly's radio said that Howell threw for 303, he also had an INT with about 2 minutes left before the half. Nice player.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Tanks played hard but need to make plays. We had guys in position on the pass but there guys went up for the ball. We should be fine in the svc but to beat good teams we have to be a lot smarter.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats Waverly.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Unioto(17) @ (31)Waverly

Post by mattash »

Unioto(17) @ (31)Waverly

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
toast
All State

Post by toast »

I don't know if it was the full moon or the good football weather or both, but both teams seemed slightly "touched". :) That was a high energy game with lots of emotion. Pretty obvious neither team wanted to lose the game. From a fans perspective, that was about as good of a football game to watch as you can get.

Several big momentum swings and critical turnovers by both teams. Unioto definitely has some real nice athletes and a solid team. At this point I would pick them as a slight favorite to win the SVC.

That was a quality win for the Tigers. But it just doesn't get any easier as Waverly now must travel to Fairland.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

toast wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:27 pm I don't know if it was the full moon or the good football weather or both, but both teams seemed slightly "touched". :) That was a high energy game with lots of emotion. Pretty obvious neither team wanted to lose the game. From a fans perspective, that was about as good of a football game to watch as you can get.

Several big momentum swings and critical turnovers by both teams. Unioto definitely has some real nice athletes and a solid team. At this point I would pick them as a slight favorite to win the SVC.

That was a quality win for the Tigers. But it just doesn't get any easier as Waverly now must travel to Fairland.
There were jabs, counter punches, left hooks, knock downs and finally a TKO.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

I left early due to work but I heard there was an ejection

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Sports-nut wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:41 pm I left early due to work but I heard there was an ejection
There was an altercation between a couple of Waverly's O lineman and a couple of Unioto's D players. It resulted in unsportsmanlike penalties, but no players ejected. Although there was a snake ejected. He was just enjoying the warmth of the end zone and was forced to leave the stadium.

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Post by BullTank »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:45 pm Waverly wins 31-17.

Awesome stadium, best between Ross and Pike County for sure.

Waverly has a really fun team.

Those fellas in the striped shirts need to get better, no bearing on the outcome, but several head scratchers. The game was decided in that first 6 minutes of the 2nd half.
I absolutely think the guys in stripes impacted the game...gave WAVERLY a TD when the kid went out of bounds (Would most likely scored the next play from the one yd line)... took a TD away from Unioto late in the 4th when the QB was clearly in (Would have made it a one score game with I think bout 4 mins left). It was a sad performance by the stripes...actually quite embarrassing! Lot of confusion on penalties.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

BullTank wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Those fellas in the striped shirts need to get better, no bearing on the outcome, but several head scratchers. The game was decided in that first 6 minutes of the 2nd half.
I absolutely think the guys in stripes impacted the game...gave WAVERLY a TD when the kid went out of bounds (Would most likely scored the next play from the one yd line)... took a TD away from Unioto late in the 4th when the QB was clearly in (Would have made it a one score game with I think bout 4 mins left). It was a sad performance by the stripes...actually quite embarrassing! Lot of confusion on penalties.
Which Waverly player went out of bounds (which TD)?
As for the Unioto QB non TD call on 4th down I believe what the official said was the ball never crossed the goal line. He slid and his lower body may have but the ball didn't. I could be wrong and what the call was. You cant see everything from the press box but that's what I was thinking.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Those calls went both ways. Add two points to Waverly for the safety that wasn't called and let's add six more before the Howell fumble when he stretched the ball over the line.

Now let move on. This game is over.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

[/

:lol:

Transparent
Waterboy

Post by Transparent »

Sports-nut wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:39 am

Those calls went both ways. Add two points to Waverly for the safety that wasn't called and let's add six more before the Howell fumble when he stretched the ball over the line.

So you can't have a safety when forward progress was stopped at the 1 driven back in end zone before for some reason he throws it. Anyways it's called forward progress it was clear and it's not a new concept. The ball stretched over the line ? Where were you sitting to have a better angle than the official standing on the goal line. Not sure why these guys do it when people just bash them with bias views. I know a few basketball officials and they have always said they don't read preps do to ignorance like this. My best advice is take the class, buy a whistle, and get involved. I know I won't but I won't bash these guys either. Smh...

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Transparent wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:50 pm
Sports-nut wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:39 am

So you can't have a safety when forward progress was stopped at the 1 driven back in end zone before for some reason he throws it. Anyways it's called forward progress it was clear and it's not a new concept. The ball stretched over the line ? Where were you sitting to have a better angle than the official standing on the goal line. Not sure why these guys do it when people just bash them with bias views. I know a few basketball officials and they have always said they don't read preps do to ignorance like this. My best advice is take the class, buy a whistle, and get involved. I know I won't but I won't bash these guys either. Smh...
Standing in the fence at the south goal line. He never made it out and Howell made it in on the play before the fumble but like I said that games over.

Return to “Football”