SEOPS HOF

Re: WK3 Meigs @ (0-2) Logan

Post by Raider6309 »

The battle of no offenses

The Fan
Waterboy

Post by The Fan »

Hate to say it but this one is a toss up. Will see which team shows up with the most heart. Burke may have to search his bench to find it after last weeks debacle.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Logan gets this one.

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Logan

Peregrine06
Riding the Bench

Post by Peregrine06 »

Logan in a closer one than some might think. Meigs will compete and who knows, maybe even pull another win out of nowhere.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:44 pm The battle of no offenses
Agree Raider. Unless the Chiefs come up with something this week to get the offense a rolling, this game could be a toss up. :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

This is a must win for Logan. If Logan losses it's a 0-10 to 2-8 season.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

And not just the offense, Meigs could win it on kickoff or punt returns alone! Special teams have been atrocious, that has to improve along with the offense!

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:43 pm Is Meigs getting anyone back?
Not sure, I seen on another post at one time they thought the offense clicked better without the 2 injured, wonder if they still think that?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:50 pm
Not sure, I seen on another post at one time they thought the offense clicked better without the 2 injured, wonder if they still think that?
For that night it did. That could have just been the other players left getting into the flow of the game. You just can't get over it can you. It's almost like you don't want them to succeed without those two. Meigs didn't do more of the same they did that game against St. Clairsville. I was talking more about the going to Wildcat and mixing up the offense and not about who was injured or not, but you just seem to make things about you. Seriously, let it go.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:14 am
For that night it did. That could have just been the other players left getting into the flow of the game. You just can't get over it can you. It's almost like you don't want them to succeed without those two. Meigs didn't do more of the same they did that game against St. Clairsville. I was talking more about the going to Wildcat and mixing up the offense and not about who was injured or not, but you just seem to make things about you. Seriously, let it go.
I just like getting you going on here, To think I don't want the TEAM to be successful is a joke, I want WINS, because I'd like to see the TEAM make the Playoffs, Because the injured will be back. And if we don't get wins while they aren't playing, it will be difficult to make playoffs. So your assumption is way off.

I'm not going to go back and find your message where you said they would stick with what they had even if the injured came back.

Lighten up it was a joke, but you must be thinking they need the injured back if you wondering if any are coming back. I will stick by my word...The injured is definitely needed for offense and defense.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:26 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:14 am

I just like getting you going on here, To think I don't want the TEAM to be successful is a joke, I want WINS, because I'd like to see the TEAM make the Playoffs, Because the injured will be back. And if we don't get wins while they aren't playing, it will be difficult to make playoffs. So your assumption is way off.

I'm not going to go back and find your message where you said they would stick with what they had even if the injured came back.

Lighten up it was a joke, but you must be thinking they need the injured back if you wondering if any are coming back. I will stick by my word...The injured is definitely needed for offense and defense.
I won't disagree that they are needed back. Seems a little like that in a sense that you want then to miss those boys, but yeah makes sense to make the playoffs, but the way you guys schedule, I'll always be tough. To many tough games on the schedule in the toughest region in SE Ohio. Don't want to go back and forth either, but you jabbed and hit something off of your chest so I got something off of mine. Really hope we are clear now. I think the offense abt way it is ran would be more effective with all of your playmakers. Meigs is missing two. Never did I ever say the team as a whole is better without those two. They aren't. I agree with you. Defense is probably where they will feel it more because I think offensively they are coached well and have enough athletes that can replace (somewhat) injured players. Defensively, those two have played a much bigger role since they were sophomores and obviously we saw the defense isn't better without them.

BlizzardMan
S

Re: WK3 (1-1) Meigs @ (0-2) Logan

Post by BlizzardMan »

Point is, it wasn't personnel that clicked better week 1, it was approach. I'd imagine the same approach with those two back may be more effective? I could see Helton as the "Q" and Mattox as a wildcat guy, or maybe reverse. I'd imagine Christian has a big arm, but in all honesty, I've never had s chance to see him throw much. Helton is a tough runner and seems to read well. Look they will do what they want but I like mixing it up. I will say the semi-serious statement about Cory starting at QB some (not OVER them, but them on the field too) when they get back was wrong as he's not there yet.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

With and anemic offense, Logan will put one short drive together to win this game.

AT THE RESERVATION
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I know I'm usual an optimist about the Chiefs.

But last week was maybe the most disappointing game I can remember. Teays Valley is a good football team - and better than Logan - but no where near 35-7 better.

The two kick off returns didn't feature amazing return men. Outstanding blocking. Or even luck.

Logan had poor effort and desire. On the opening kick off four players ran themselves out of the play. No one got within about an 8 yard halo of the kid.

And then Logan gets themselves back in the game thanks to a HUGE TV fumble - and they kick again - to a different player - and have almost a repeat of the same kick off.

Logan's offense can not make plays in the passing game. So TV was putting 9 guys in the box. Logan's offense is really designed for misdirection or offense, which makes it really hard to run the football against 9. When you run the wing-t or triple option you can swing numbers in your favor, but it's not really what Logan has ever done.

I'd expect Logan to use more QB run game in the future to help out with the numbers problem.

This isn't an awful team, the offensive line is battling. The defense is pretty darn good. The backs run hard. The QB is smart and a good athlete. I think they'll figure it out. but it needs to happen quick.

Friday is pretty close to a "must win" for this team.

Return to “Football”