Bishop Watterson(17) @ (47)Wheelersburg

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Bishop Watterson(17) @ (47)Wheelersburg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Let's get some thoughts on this first ever meeting between the two school's. The burg is coming off a 41-0 win over health (another first ever meeting) while watterson is comin in on a 2 game losing streak losing a heartbreaker 37-34 to walsh jesuit

Cal Preps:

Burg 31
Watterson 13

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Columbus Bishop Watterson 1-2 @ Wheelersburg 3-0

Post by Mad-Dogg »

time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

1 things for sure. Ed Miller Stadium will be rockin'. This should be a pretty good game. Pasteur has Burg by 5. I'm going to say he's pretty close on that. But I'm going to say Burg by 10. They are going to try and lock down Holden. So look for some other guys to step up and make big plays. This one is going to be a dandy. Go Burg!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Watched Burgs game last night and they were all over Heath.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I think if The Burg goes out and play football and not the ghost of the past, when it comes to Watterson, this game could be much like the Heath game.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Burg wins. score idk

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Looks like Watterson will only win a couple games this season.

They are not the D3 State Champion caliber team of 6-7 years ago, and the team you typically have seen in post season play prior to and after that win through all the years.

Last year when it was scheduled this looked to be a great game, and before the season I thought it would be a tough match-up but we are way ahead of where I thought we were, and could very well put up more big numbers this week against them.

Out of the Columbus Catholics it is DeSales then Hartley and then a big fall-off to Watterson, St. Charles and Ready this year.

Call it 38-6 I like Burg's chances to win this game convincingly against a big D3 school.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Burg with another running clock

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Dominating performance for Burg against Heath last night. I think Holden could have scored "at will." Could have been 100-0 but ended 41-0. This week coming up, I see 4th week of running clock.

48-3, 37-6, 41-0...Scores after 3 weeks have totaled 126-9. Offense averages 42, Defense allows an average of 3 points per game.

After 3 weeks, the combined record of the 3 teams that Burg has beaten is 2-7, with one of wins beating the other team Burg has played.

IMHO, BIG test for Burg comes Week 5, when both they and Jackson will likely be 4-0.

GO BURG!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: WK4 Columbus Bishop Watterson 1-2 @ Wheelersburg 3-0

Post by mattash »

Go Burg

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg will have their hands full , can't see a running clock

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Watterson has a stout defense. It's always good - even though their offense is generally bad. Teams that are used to scoring at will can be easily frustrated by them. It's going to be the best defense they see all season - even better than the Ironmen the following week. This is a good regular season OOC opponent for them. It will help them prepare for the Academy team that they'll be seeing in the playoffs. Don't take them lightly. A really good Hamilton Township team did that in the playoffs in 2015 and got punched hard in the mouth.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think wattersons d will slow the burg down this week. I see a low scoring game 24-17 burg wins at home. If burg can establish a running game and get a good push on the line then they might hang one more score.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:05 pm Watterson has a stout defense. It's always good - even though their offense is generally bad. Teams that are used to scoring at will can be easily frustrated by them. It's going to be the best defense they see all season - even better than the Ironmen the following week. This is a good regular season OOC opponent for them. It will help them prepare for the Academy team that they'll be seeing in the playoffs. Don't take them lightly. A really good Hamilton Township team did that in the playoffs in 2015 and got punched hard in the mouth.
No one will take them lightly, far from it, but Burg isn't your ordinary SE Ohio opponent.

And yeah HT may have got pumched in the mouth in 2015, but another SE Ohio team punched Watterson in the mouth the following week as I recall.

Would really like to send both Catholic all-star teams traveling to SE Ohio back to Columbus next Friday with losses. Think Burg and Chilli have an opportunity to do so.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

This Burg team is good. Really really good. And I think they win this week. But predicting a running clock? That is a little much. Watterson isn't as good as they have been in the past, but this is still a very good program.

Olentangy Orange is a very solid D1 team and they didn't running clock these guys, and I can't see Burg doing the same. There is something to be said about competition. This will be the best team by miles that Burg has seen in 2017. That isn't close to the case the other way around.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:13 pm
sapientia et veritas wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:05 pm Watterson has a stout defense. It's always good - even though their offense is generally bad. Teams that are used to scoring at will can be easily frustrated by them. It's going to be the best defense they see all season - even better than the Ironmen the following week. This is a good regular season OOC opponent for them. It will help them prepare for the Academy team that they'll be seeing in the playoffs. Don't take them lightly. A really good Hamilton Township team did that in the playoffs in 2015 and got punched hard in the mouth.
No one will take them lightly, far from it, but Burg isn't your ordinary SE Ohio opponent.

And yeah HT may have got pumched in the mouth in 2015, but another SE Ohio team punched Watterson in the mouth the following week as I recall.

Would really like to send both Catholic all-star teams traveling to SE Ohio back to Columbus next Friday with losses. Think Burg and Chilli have an opportunity to do so.
This dudes from Hartley. They play them every year. He would know. And he's also seen Burg. Maybe not this team. But he knows who we are. He gives an honest insight.

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

Running clock? No way, this is not Heath or Ironton. Burg probably wins this game but it will be close and require 4 qtrs. of good football to do it.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Yes I remember him from 2014 Burg-Hartley regional final thread back in the day.

Hartley clearly the favorite against Chilli next week, but I think Burg will prove to be too much. Watterson will be best team Burg has faced thus far, it will be a good test for sure.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Best team Burg will play until Columbus academy in the playoffs. Burg 14 Watterson 3

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

I wonder if Urban & Shelley make the drive down to the river to watch their son play? It will be a great atmosphere for southern Ohio football, OSU is home next Saturday so it would be a nice trip to a town with a great FB tradition.

Return to “Football”