DV R19

Jolly P(irate)
SEO
Posts: 2924
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

DV R19

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:58 am

After 4 weeks I think we all have a pretty good feel for how things are going to shake out. I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this region.

I mainly started this because of West. They are 4-0 and could very well be on the road to 9-0 with a showdown with Burg in week 10. I think they will be a tough out for most teams in this region.

Ironton on the other hand, Pasteur has them in at the 8 seed with 6 wins. Right now they have to go on a tear and rip off a few wins against some solid teams. Can this happen?

Can Chesapeake rebound and make a huge run themselves?

Liberty Union and Bishop Ready are both solid programs who are more than likely going land in the middle of the field.

Then we have Columbus Academy. The team up north. Where will they fall come week 11?

There are still a bunch of what if's. But is is always fun talking about this. It really includes most of our area.



danicalifornia
SEOPS H
Posts: 7261
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Chillicothe

Re: DV R19

Post by danicalifornia » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:25 am

If Cols Academy couldn't slow down London, they won't slow down Wheelersburg. I feel like Liberty Union is likely the 2nd best team in this region, but it is the Pirates to lose, IMO.

seasick80
All State
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:15 am
Location: wheelersburg

Re: DV R19

Post by seasick80 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:55 am

Ready has one tough sked weeks 5-9! If they can win a cpl, they might get in at 5-5 but def 6-4. West will be tested next week. Raceland is a very good team and it's at Raceland. Good competition for west. Coal grove has really been the only test so far but not sure how good the grove really is. Waverly and Wheelersburg will be the only other tests they have. And I think cbus academy wins 7 games they are home team. They have d2 Whitehall next week then bloom Carroll and liberty union weeks 8 and 9. Oak hill is the spoiler! I think they only lose to burg and go 8-2. Is that enuff?

Jolly P(irate)
SEO
Posts: 2924
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: DV R19

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:15 am

seasick80 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:55 am
Ready has one tough sked weeks 5-9! If they can win a cpl, they might get in at 5-5 but def 6-4. West will be tested next week. Raceland is a very good team and it's at Raceland. Good competition for west. Coal grove has really been the only test so far but not sure how good the grove really is. Waverly and Wheelersburg will be the only other tests they have. And I think cbus academy wins 7 games they are home team. They have d2 Whitehall next week then bloom Carroll and liberty union weeks 8 and 9. Oak hill is the spoiler! I think they only lose to burg and go 8-2. Is that enuff?
I didn't completely think OH through. I kind of just skipped over them. Lol. But you're right. They could very well throw a wrench in things if they can beat East. I am anxious to see how that plays out. You're right. BR has a monster schedule. Pasteur has them out at 6-4. I know that is all based on his projections for what game they win or lose. But I think you're right, if they beat the right team they very well could lock down a spot.

Purplehaze
Waterboy
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: DV R19

Post by Purplehaze » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:12 am

Chesapeake will not be mentioned in the playoffs this year. They were exposed in a bad way by GA. My hats off to GA. They used the perfect game plan to stop the Peake!! Put all 11 guys in the box! Simple! Take care off your man and you win. When the Peake HC is only teaching these young men maybe 5 different plays, then the defense knows exactly what you are doing each time you have the ball. The Peake HC tries to play power football with speed and finesse athletes. Peake has got some talented players. They are just not being put in a position to win. Same formation, same 4-5 plays thru the whole 1st half. The 1st play of the second half the coach goes to the spread and Browning goes 65 yards for the score (nullified by a questionable holding call). After that drive the coach then goes back to those same 4-5 plays!!! If Peake had played the spread all game then GA would not have been able to match Peake score for score. So Peake fans, do not look for your team in the playoffs this year unless the offensive scheme changes to better utilize your talented athletes!! I am predicting Coal Grove over Peake this week by 4 TD's. Peake may win 3 more games ( if they get a bounce or 2 their way). 6-4 will not get them into the playoffs.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS H
Posts: 7837
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 pm
Location: At a Track or XC Meet Somewhere

Re: DV R19

Post by Chieftain2009 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:40 am

Here are the top 8 after 4 games:

1. Portsmouth West - 4-0
2. Wheelersburg 4-0
3. Northridge - 4-0
4. Columbus Academy - 3-1
5. Union Local - 4-0
6. Chesapeake - 3-1
7. Oak Hill - 3-1
8. Liberty Union - 3-1
2015 Playoff Football Pick 'em Champion

svac83
All State
Posts: 1050
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: DV R19

Post by svac83 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 am

I think this region much deeper then past year. Think burg still cut above the best but think the teams around 7-10 will be much better then 7-10 the past few years.

victor creed
Freshman Team
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:24 pm

Re: DV R19

Post by victor creed » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:16 pm

Union local is a team that I am looking at in this region. Hard to get a handle on them at this point. I would love for them to draw a col academy or liberty union or a west in the first round. It seemed like last year burg had the toughest draws they could have up to the regional championship

BurgGrad6
SE
Posts: 2288
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: The Burg

Re: DV R19

Post by BurgGrad6 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:40 pm

The region is the strongest it's been in a couple years. burg being the favorite. Hoping for a burg vs west regional championship!!

BigBlueNation
All State
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:50 am
Location: Scioto County

Re: DV R19

Post by BigBlueNation » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:07 pm

BurgGrad6 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:40 pm
The region is the strongest it's been in a couple years. burg being the favorite. Hoping for a burg vs west regional championship!!
That would be cool.

Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6510
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: DV R19

Post by Raider6309 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:38 pm

It's Burg and a big gap. I thought Columbus Academy was gonna be good but lost to London

User avatar
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Posts: 3612
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:34 pm
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 7x Regional Champs and 32x SOC Div 2 Champs
Contact:

Re: DV R19

Post by Mad-Dogg » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:40 pm

danicalifornia wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:25 am
If Cols Academy couldn't slow down London, they won't slow down Wheelersburg. I feel like Liberty Union is likely the 2nd best team in this region, but it is the Pirates to lose, IMO.
I agree 100%. Region 19 is def the burgs to lose. I think they are hands down the best team in 19 and I'm not just sayin it b/c I'm a burg grad
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One

victor creed
Freshman Team
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:24 pm

Re: DV R19

Post by victor creed » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:11 pm

It think the entire div 5 sets up well for a run. Arguably. R19. Could be the strongest region. 18 looks solid but not dominating. CCC is 1-3. And potentially could have another 3 losses. Region 20 with Anna leading but they have 5 very tough games coming. When I look at all if div 5. There are none of the pedigree playoff contenders. Like coldwater. Hartley Kirtland. Etc. it's wide open

BurgGrad6
SE
Posts: 2288
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: The Burg

Re: DV R19

Post by BurgGrad6 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 pm

victor creed wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:11 pm
It think the entire div 5 sets up well for a run. Arguably. R19. Could be the strongest region. 18 looks solid but not dominating. CCC is 1-3. And potentially could have another 3 losses. Region 20 with Anna leading but they have 5 very tough games coming. When I look at all if div 5. There are none of the pedigree playoff contenders. Like coldwater. Hartley Kirtland. Etc. it's wide open
Agreed! Although this may very well be the best team Anna has fielded! Also I can't count ccc out. They play a tough schedule and have been in those games.

Jolly P(irate)
SEO
Posts: 2924
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: DV R19

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:46 pm

BurgGrad6 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 pm
victor creed wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:11 pm
It think the entire div 5 sets up well for a run. Arguably. R19. Could be the strongest region. 18 looks solid but not dominating. CCC is 1-3. And potentially could have another 3 losses. Region 20 with Anna leading but they have 5 very tough games coming. When I look at all if div 5. There are none of the pedigree playoff contenders. Like coldwater. Hartley Kirtland. Etc. it's wide open
Agreed! Although this may very well be the best team Anna has fielded! Also I can't count ccc out. They play a tough schedule and have been in those games.
Yea, don't count out CCC. They don't have to win many to make the field. And if or when they do, look out. They will win their region.

victor creed
Freshman Team
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:24 pm

Re: DV R19

Post by victor creed » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Agree with u guys on ccc. Not counting them out. However. I don't think they beat Massillon Jackson this year. Which leaves them needing to win one from either new Philadelphia or cinci winton woods to get to 5-5. If they win both they make it in, but it's a deal to get in at 5-5. New Phili is this week. Will be interesting to see what happens

Slappy
Riding the Bench
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:25 pm

Re: DV R19

Post by Slappy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:49 pm

CCC will not beat WW or Mass. Jackson and may also lose to New Philly, I admire their "play anyone" attitude but this year they may have went overboard. Don't think they will get enough level 2 pts. at 5-5 to get in. This is Burg's year to take it all.

55buckeyes98
All Conference
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:00 am

Re: DV R19

Post by 55buckeyes98 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:58 am

Are you predicting that Johnstown-Monroe will not make the post season? Do you have Johnstown Northridge above them?

Jolly P(irate)
SEO
Posts: 2924
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: DV R19

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:43 am

55buckeyes98 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:58 am
Are you predicting that Johnstown-Monroe will not make the post season? Do you have Johnstown Northridge above them?
I would say Monroe makes it in at the 6 seed judging by the remaining games on their schedule. North ridge, if they make it, will be a one and done.

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 22981
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: DV R19

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:42 am

View the official OHSAA rankings (after week 4) by clicking here.



Top 8 teams following week 10 qualify for playoffs


Rank

W-L

ID #

Mailing City

School

Average

Level 1

Level 2

L2 divisor


1 5-0 1270 West Portsmouth Portsmouth West 10.6000 21.5 63.0 100
2 5-0 1696 Wheelersburg Wheelersburg 9.9000 24.5 50.0 100
3 4-1 410 Gahanna Columbus Academy 7.9909 19.5 40.5 99
4 4-1 220 Columbus Bishop Ready 6.9000 17.5 34.0 100
5 5-0 1566 Belmont Union Local 6.3500 22.0 19.5 100
6 3-2 794 Johnstown Johnstown-Monroe 6.3283 17.5 28.0 99
7 3-1 1186 Oak Hill Oak Hill 5.9250 12.5 28.0 100
8 4-1 1150 Johnstown Northridge 5.5000 17.5 20.0 100
9 3-2 866 Baltimore Liberty Union 5.4000 14.5 25.0 100
10 3-2 362 Chesapeake Chesapeake 5.2000 12.5 27.0 100
11 2-3 760 Ironton Ironton 3.9500 9.5 20.5 100
12 3-2 1652 Wellston Wellston 3.8500 12.5 13.5 100
13 2-3 816 Bidwell River Valley 3.7500 8.0 21.5 100
14 3-2 182 Bellaire Bellaire 3.6000 13.0 10.0 100
15 3-2 1048 Minford Minford 3.4500 13.0 8.5 100
16 2-3 556 Proctorville Fairland 3.2000 9.0 14.0 100
17 2-3 1268 Portsmouth Portsmouth 2.9500 8.5 12.5 100
18 2-3 968 Martins Ferry Martins Ferry 2.5500 9.5 6.5 100
19 2-3 1458 South Point South Point 2.1000 10.5 0.0 100
20 1-4 1256 Piketon Piketon




here's the top 20
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Post Reply