(48)Ironton @ South Point(0)

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: OVC WK5 (1-3) Ironton @ (2-2) South Point

Post by wobycat »

Ironton coach ain't going anywhere. Geez. He's 1-3 and will probably win out and make playoffs. Ironton fans need to get used to the fact that the dynasty is over and probably will be unless the town takes a giant economic leap. Ironton is an old town with old housing. New families want new efficient housing, not heating and air nightmares and just aren't hanging around.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Most Coaching Wins Through The 2006 Season (Ironton Coaches)

Ranking Record Coach/School
1 360-117-8 Terry Malone, Hamilton Badin - Retired
2 346-75-5 Bob Lutz, Ironton, Ironton St. Joe - Active - Ironton
3 325-93-4 Al Hetrick, Versailles, OH - Retired - Versailles
4 323-100-14 Pat Mancuso, Leetonia, Cincinnati Princeton - Retired

this was as of 2006, and lutz passed the 1st place coach to have more wins than anybody. so if you don't want this to ever happen again, then don't change anything. the horses are still right there in the stalls that are ironton high. it just takes the right people to train the horses and turn them into war horses

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

woby I kinda think that's what I'm tryin to say here, it hain't the past. so build another future.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

from 1973 to 2006, ironton made the playoffs 25 times. and was in 7 state title games winning 2 of them, and being the state runners up 5 other times.

let's all the outsiders quit accusing ironton folk of ''living in the past'' without seeing why we want something similar to the past back. that's getting kinda old. if you had our past, you'd want it back as well, or at least want to see something similar being built. and you can only expect fans that are not seeing that to want it back. the last games I have gotten to see there is no discipline, no restraint, and poor fundamentals being taught, or at least if they are not being taught then the coaching staff is not enforcing them.

Uncle Creepy
Waterboy

Post by Uncle Creepy »

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

I get all you ironton fans wanting the past but you can't move forward dewealing on the past I do think they need a coaching change but whoever they get needs to stand up from the start and say his not lutz and is not going to try to be and needs to build his own program by sticking with ironton tradition but at the same time upgrading it to 2017 and I personally think bass will be gone after this year but not till then and there win 1 to 3 more games this year

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

Now has for south Point kratzenburgh is not the guy there they need to move on and move on fast before it gets to bad
Last edited by Herdfan73 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

Now my prediction for this game is sp-24 ironton-14

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Herdfan73 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:50 pm I get all you ironton fans wanting the past but you can't move forward dewealing on the past I do think they need a coaching change but whoever they get needs to stand up from the start and say his not lutz and is not going to try to be and needs to build his own program by sticking with ironton tradition but at the same time upgrading it to 2017 and I personally think bass will be gone after this year but not till then and there win 1 to 3 more games this year
He hit the nail on the head about standing say this not Lutz. But it is hard to do when half this current staff was on Lutz staff. You would have thought they would have learn something over the years. I go to the game and half the old staff sits by the door where players come out etc. it is time to get rid of Vass and all the Burchman relation on the staff along with the recreation director and the judge. Give me a break that is not a staff that is politics at the highest level.

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Kratz is a great Coach for SP!! When are people going to figure out it's the jimmy and Joe's....Ironton absolutely doesn't have the caliber of players it once had...Part of the problem is all the industry that was lost in lawrence County. Part of the problem is kids not transferring there like in years past when they were good and called the Lawrence county all-stars!!! Kinda like Burg is now!!! It's the truth ..People get butt hurt when you tell them the facts . Wheelersburg for instance...Where do you see a school as small as Burg compete year end and out in basically all sports without much of a downfall? I can see a school that size have a great team every decade or so but not continually like Ironton did for many years without something going on....The math doesn't work....You know where you see that? The same Schools all you homers get on here and bash every year..The PRIVATE Catholic schools..... Lets sum this up deplorables!!! There are a few public schools who are well versed in sucking in the talented kids in their area..... Portsmouth and Ironton at one time, and now the most recent is Burg.....You'll never see a symmes Valley be able to suck in the great players and have great teams for a decade because parents won't move there being it's to far out....... or many many many teams in southeast ohio!

I'm donald Trump and I Approve this Message!

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Truth of it is must youns people could drive anywhere back in your heyday cuff theyvwon not cuzz your bowl,movements or eye sightd

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

mattash wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:56 pm Ironton big

I do like Ironton's offensive play calling. They will put up some numbers.
I agree, burg seems to do just fine with it. Haha
But seriously the play calling is there just not the athletes. Ironton will come back. Maybe not to the dominance they had but they will compete. As for this game the tigers will have it wrapped up in the first half.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

The QB can run the offense, the O-Line needs to do a better job.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

flash wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:13 pm The QB can run the offense, the O-Line needs to do a better job.
QB not at fault? Come on. It's a team sport.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Good luck Fighting Tigers, I miss the good old days of the Tigers and Trojans putting on a show

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

laser breath wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:51 pm
flash wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:13 pm The QB can run the offense, the O-Line needs to do a better job.
QB not at fault? Come on. It's a team sport.
I agree.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

coach knows wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:14 pm
Herdfan73 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:50 pm I get all you ironton fans wanting the past but you can't move forward dewealing on the past I do think they need a coaching change but whoever they get needs to stand up from the start and say his not lutz and is not going to try to be and needs to build his own program by sticking with ironton tradition but at the same time upgrading it to 2017 and I personally think bass will be gone after this year but not till then and there win 1 to 3 more games this year
He hit the nail on the head about standing say this not Lutz. But it is hard to do when half this current staff was on Lutz staff. You would have thought they would have learn something over the years. I go to the game and half the old staff sits by the door where players come out etc. it is time to get rid of Vass and all the Burchman relation on the staff along with the recreation director and the judge. Give me a break that is not a staff that is politics at the highest level.
This is getting straight to the point!

osumufan
SE

Re: WEEK 5(1-3)IRONTON@(2-2)SOUTH POINT. WHAT SAY YA'LL

Post by osumufan »

farmer wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:21 pm Having to follow contracts as well as the union and setting precedent for future contract matters. Also not sure that money can go directly to pay off the old coach or pay for the new coaches. High Schools do not operate like colleges in regards to sports and donor payments.
They do at Ironton, Didn't Lutz get a new car when he won the state championship? Tiger Clan doesnt donate? I thought that was what it was all about.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

OVCfanatic wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:11 am Coaching changes have been made mid-season before, just ask the team Ironton is playing this week.
And nothing changed, unless you get new players it won't change. SP is in slump the last 10 years, had a couple winning seasons maybe 3. Kids won't play for variety of reasons stated earlier. I don't think it will ever be any different unless we get parents who care and instill a work ethic in their boys. By the likes of what I read in the paper this is not going to happen due to such a high use of drugs in the WHOLE county.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Someone told me there's a chance this game may not even be played...

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…

Return to “Football”