(48)Ironton @ South Point(0)

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Re: OVC WK5 (1-3) Ironton @ (2-2) South Point

Post by ELChapo »

Ironton Fighting Tigers Facebook page is acting like Christ rose from the dead and coronated the Tigers tonight. They beat SP when they were way down and dressed only 19 kids, this isn't a victory to be bragging about or even gauging how the rest of the Tigers season will go.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point played right with Ironton for the first quarter. Ironton actually had to punt a few times. Ironton will surprise me if they can win all the rest of their OVC games Im thinking at least one - two more losses. I did think Ironton played with more sportsmanship and discipline than Coal Grove. So there's a plus.

Hilltiger
Riding the Bench

Post by Hilltiger »

Can someone tell me why South Points field turf looks so bad? It is turf isn’t it?

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Probably hasn’t been replaced since the new stadium was built. Which was somewhere around 10 years ago

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Oak wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:13 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:09 am I appreciate the figures that carlito has provided. I have no idea of their accuracy. but it sounds pretty spot on. but ironton is a tough group of people, plant workers,and a resilient town. I still refuse to realize this program can not be greatly increased by the right guidance. granted it may never be what it once was, but who knows.
Spoken by a guy who no longer lives in Ironton

DANG --- DID YOU FIGURE THAT OUT ON YER OWN. I MUST BE THE ONLY ONE. I ONLY LIVED IN IRONTON TILL I WAS 19. I'VE BEEN IN THE COUNTRY EVERY SINCE. SO WHILE I DON'T EXPECT I'M DEALING WITH ANDY SIPOZWITZ HERE. GOTTA GIVE YOU KUDOS ON THIS LEAD.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BigCarlito72 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:07 pm And with Red Burcham selected at the helm tonight its a simple acknowledgement that Ironton as a program, is more concerned with past name recognition and maintaining the status quo. Ironton football is basically become a monarchy handed down by a couple families and their friends so as to maintain their social status. They are not interested in growth. They are interested in maintaining what they feel is their entitled place within the community.

Dont expect Ironton football to grow or improve. Its dead. Let is rest.
HEY CARLITO, WHAT'S THIS MEAN. ARE YOU SAYING THEY CHANGED COACHES AND NOW IT'S RED BURCHAM.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

nice to get a much needed win for the tigers. and I certainly hope the pointers get some folks well and get some of their team mates back in a hurry. hard to play with 19 young'uns and be competitive.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: (48)Ironton @ South Point(0)

Post by mattash »

(48)Ironton @ South Point(0)

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Hilltiger wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:48 am Can someone tell me why South Points field turf looks so bad? It is turf isn’t it?
Its worn out, gets replaced this winter.

Return to “Football”