Top 5

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Top 5

Post by Westfan »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:29 am If that is legit and true, then why won't west schedule jackson then? if west thinks they can play with jackson, then schedule jackson, it's that simple. Teams won't play jackson because who they are, they talk all the time and say that they can beat jackson but they won't schedule them to play them. Why do you think jackson couldn't get into any of the local leagues in the area when the SEOAL was over, no wanted them to come in to their league. That's why they had to go form their own league and I will definitely see in the future years of schools being added to that league. And most important piece they lost to a broken leg in Evans. Who was an game changer every time he was on the field.
Why don't you call our AD and ask him?

Jackson is D3. The SOCII is a D5 league. They don't belong. And more than anything, the long bus rides late at night for basketball, soccer, tennis, whatever have as much to do why they weren't voted in.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Westfan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:41 am
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:29 am If that is legit and true, then why won't west schedule jackson then? if west thinks they can play with jackson, then schedule jackson, it's that simple. Teams won't play jackson because who they are, they talk all the time and say that they can beat jackson but they won't schedule them to play them. Why do you think jackson couldn't get into any of the local leagues in the area when the SEOAL was over, no wanted them to come in to their league. That's why they had to go form their own league and I will definitely see in the future years of schools being added to that league. And most important piece they lost to a broken leg in Evans. Who was an game changer every time he was on the field.

Jackson is D3. The SOCII is a D5 league. They don't belong. And more than anything, the long bus rides late at night for basketball, soccer, tennis, whatever have as much to do why they weren't voted in.
nah I'm good, think jackson would rather play bigger and better schools anyway, thanks for the offer tho. But you can have your AD call out AD and ask if he will schedule West since you all think you can play with us. Long bus rides? They are going back and forth to jackson from Burg, Portsmouth, and those areas. Their not driving to Columbus or Cleveland. It's Like an hour if that going to some places, so don't say it's the drive because it's not.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:41 am

Waverly is DIV.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Westfan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:44 am
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:37 am Do you really think west could play with jackson there "Westfan" then why won't west schedule jackson then and play them. Only team that can hang with jackson and play at that level, Is Burg and Chillicothe. honestly I'd love to see burg move up to Div. 4, but probably won't happen anytime soon if ever happen. Unless they start winning multiple state titles in the next few years. Then the OHSAA will bring them up because the way they are playing.
This year absolutely West could play with Jackson. Some years no. Jackson is a much bigger school. That's why divisions are divided by enrollment.

Winning state titles has nothing to do with your OHSAA Division
Every 2 years ohsaa does a competitive balance meaning if some schools are dominating their division no matter the number of boys in the school they move them to a bigger division just ask Bishop Hartley they should be in Div 5 as far as enrollment goes but since in the past 4 or 5 years they have won state championships in D5 and D4 2 years running they got bumped up again to D3 and Coldwater should be D5 but due to competitive balance they got moved to D6 to compete with Marion Local

Burg grad 85
Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

You are mistaken my friend. That is not what competitive balance is at all. Competitive balance takes into account the kids that don't reside inside your school district, or a kid that moved into the district after 7th grade. For example....a student that resides in franklin furnace but goes to school at Wheelersburg counts as 3 instead of 1.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

scott1297 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 pm
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:37 am Do you really think west could play with jackson there "Westfan" then why won't west schedule jackson then and play them. Only team that can hang with jackson and play at that level, Is Burg and Chillicothe. honestly I'd love to see burg move up to Div. 4, but probably won't happen anytime soon if ever happen. Unless they start winning multiple state titles in the next few years. Then the OHSAA will bring them up because the way they are playing.
This year absolutely West could play with Jackson. Some years no. Jackson is a much bigger school. That's why divisions are divided by enrollment.

Every 2 years ohsaa does a competitive balance meaning if some schools are dominating their division no matter the number of boys in the school they move them to a bigger division just ask Bishop Hartley they should be in Div 5 as far as enrollment goes but since in the past 4 or 5 years they have won state championships in D5 and D4 2 years running they got bumped up again to D3 and Coldwater should be D5 but due to competitive balance they got moved to D6 to compete with Marion Local
Yea.......No

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

scott1297 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Not even close Scott.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

If that was the case scott..Coldwater wouldn't be in 6 they should be in 4 ..

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

imagine if jackson loses the 8-12 boys which what makes them Div 3. Imagine if they lost those kids and became Div 4.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:26 am imagine if jackson loses the 8-12 boys which what makes them Div 3. Imagine if they lost those kids and became Div 4.
That Region is pretty loaded too. Lol. But would definitely help Jackson.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:26 am imagine if jackson loses the 8-12 boys which what makes them Div 3. Imagine if they lost those kids and became Div 4.
Division 3 in Football is enrollment between 276-389, Jackson's base enrollment is 289 and after CB adjustment it is 305.

So we are a 30 or so off from being D4, but if you were able to get there you would face teams in Region 15 like Meigs, Unioto, Fairfield Union, Gallia, Licking Valley, Zane Trace. Which I have to admit on the surface sound better than Hartley, DeSales, Marion Franklin, Tri-Valley and Zanesville lol.

I think though we are pretty solidly a D3 for the next enrollment reporting period based on what I hear.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:51 am
That Region is pretty loaded too. Lol. But would definitely help Jackson.
They would have a better chance at making deeper playoff runs and getting to state in Div 4. then playing schools like Hartley, DeSales, Marion, and such in Div 3. you had a school like jackson to Region 15. That region would get so much better adding them.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

doubleplay643 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:49 am
Division 3 in Football is enrollment between 276-389, Jackson's base enrollment is 289 and after CB adjustment it is 305.

So we are a 30 or so off from being D4, but if you were able to get there you would face teams in Region 15 like Meigs, Unioto, Fairfield Union, Gallia, Licking Valley, Zane Trace. Which I have to admit on the surface sound better than Hartley, DeSales, Marion Franklin, Tri-Valley and Zanesville lol.

I think though we are pretty solidly a D3 for the next enrollment reporting period based on what I hear.
Even tho their CB enrollment is 305, their base is 289. They get down to 275, they are going to Div 4. OHSAA moved schools based on their enrollment and other on their CB. Jackson could still be a Div 4 school. Is was being talked about on the radios and I remember right, they and coach hall said something brief about it before one game earlier this year and he knew how close jackson was to be a Div. 4 school which was like 8-14 kids. Which isn't far off.
Unioto, Fairfield union, licking Valley, St. Clarksville, Philo, Indian Valley, that's some good competition in that region along with other schools I didn't mention.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

No, that is the whole point of the adjustment, the division is assigned based on where you fall after the adjustment. Otherwise there would be no point of adjusting lol. If the above numbers are right Jackson is 30 off not 8.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:22 pm No, that is the whole point of the adjustment, the division is assigned based on where you fall after the adjustment. Otherwise there would be no point of adjusting lol. If the above numbers are right Jackson is 30 off not 8.
The problem is that he just doesn't understand how it all works :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Redsfan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:26 pm You are mistaken my friend. That is not what competitive balance is at all. Competitive balance takes into account the kids that don't reside inside your school district, or a kid that moved into the district after 7th grade. For example....a student that resides in franklin furnace but goes to school at Wheelersburg counts as 3 instead of 1.
I knew that but I didnt feel like typing anymore lol and u are correct just ask bishop hartley and a few other of those catholic school and my quote wasnt totally wrong

Burg grad 85

Return to “Football”