Top 5

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Top 5

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:06 pm 1. Massie
2. Burg
3. Chilli
4. Jackson
5. Waverly or Ny who ever wins.

Heard that both ad's talked and contracts are full and both teams needed a home game the next 2 years. However I believe this game is in the works for a future match up. Just don't know when.
i would love to see a burg - clinton massie series. another i'd like to see is burg - amanda cc

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

I'd love to see Jackson-Clinton Massie series and Jackson- Canal Winchester Series! Jackson play bigger schools and better competition. Only keep burg on the schedule. Even play schools outside of the state again!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:48 pm I'd love to see Jackson-Clinton Massie series and Jackson- Canal Winchester Series! Jackson play bigger schools and better competition. Only keep burg on the schedule. Even play schools outside of the state again!
I'd like to see the burg step outside the state again. I've heard we are in talks with johnson central. I'd like to see us pick them back up. Maybe wayne or huntington hs

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:48 pm I'd love to see Jackson-Clinton Massie series and Jackson- Canal Winchester Series! Jackson play bigger schools and better competition. Only keep burg on the schedule. Even play schools outside of the state again!
I'd like to see the burg step outside the state again. I've heard we are in talks with johnson central. I'd like to see us pick them back up. Maybe wayne or huntington hs

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:32 pm
MADD Dogg, go to the future schedule post.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

1. Wheelersburg
2. Chillicothe
3. Jackson
4. NY
5. Portsmouth west

Any team on this list that has played chillicothe's schedule would have at least two loses. Harley and Marion Franklin are really tough outs in back to back weeks. I will say Chillicothe should have beat Marion Franklin up at half and up 26-24 late in the 4th before giving up two huge late touchdowns one of which should have been an interception. Timed the ball wrong and boom 70 yard td that broke chilli's back

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

Not to mention , Jackson and Wellston play each other every year. They know each other!

24sevenfootball wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 pm
Westfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:28 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Yes, u could build a fantasy team and beat Jackson. But I don't think those 3 teams could beat Jackson alone.
Jackson beat Wellston at home 35-0
West won at Wellston 31-6 and really could've hung 40 plus on them.

You can't compare scores but you can get an idea. West could play with Jackson.
Jackson could have put up 100 lol

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

So same sked burg would have 2 losses. Why didn’t u put chilli over burg? Just wondering

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

dcgjones wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:23 am Not to mention , Jackson and Wellston play each other every year. They know each other!

24sevenfootball wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 pm
Westfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Jackson beat Wellston at home 35-0
West won at Wellston 31-6 and really could've hung 40 plus on them.

You can't compare scores but you can get an idea. West could play with Jackson.
Jackson could have put up 100 lol
Do you really think west could play with jackson there "Westfan" then why won't west schedule jackson then and play them. Only team that can hang with jackson and play at that level, Is Burg and Chillicothe. honestly I'd love to see burg move up to Div. 4, but probably won't happen anytime soon if ever happen. Unless they start winning multiple state titles in the next few years. Then the OHSAA will bring them up because the way they are playing.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

I think Burg vs Chilli in a game would be very even I have the edge to Burg because I feel that they are more balanced and polished offensively. Chillicothe has great athletes but rely to much on Maughmer (who is a fantastic ball player) need to mix it up a little more in my opinion

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:37 am Do you really think west could play with jackson there "Westfan" then why won't west schedule jackson then and play them. Only team that can hang with jackson and play at that level, Is Burg and Chillicothe. honestly I'd love to see burg move up to Div. 4, but probably won't happen anytime soon if ever happen. Unless they start winning multiple state titles in the next few years. Then the OHSAA will bring them up because the way they are playing.
This year absolutely West could play with Jackson. Some years no. Jackson is a much bigger school. That's why divisions are divided by enrollment.

Winning state titles has nothing to do with your OHSAA Division

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:44 am
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:37 am Do you really think west could play with jackson there "Westfan" then why won't west schedule jackson then and play them. Only team that can hang with jackson and play at that level, Is Burg and Chillicothe. honestly I'd love to see burg move up to Div. 4, but probably won't happen anytime soon if ever happen. Unless they start winning multiple state titles in the next few years. Then the OHSAA will bring them up because the way they are playing.
This year absolutely West could play with Jackson. Some years no. Jackson is a much bigger school. That's why divisions are divided by enrollment.

😳 😮 😳 😮

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Once every 3 or 5 years they could possibly compete with jackson the first half. Exactly they are a bigger school. never mind I said that. But still if west wants to prove how good they really are then they schedule a few bigger schools every once in awhile

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:03 am Once every 3 or 5 years they could possibly compete with jackson the first half. Exactly they are a bigger school. never mind I said that. But still if west wants to prove how good they really are then they schedule a few bigger schools every once in awhile
Compete for a half? You should move to Wheelersburg.

West doesn't need to prove anything to anyone.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:19 am
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:03 am Once every 3 or 5 years they could possibly compete with jackson the first half. Exactly they are a bigger school. never mind I said that. But still if west wants to prove how good they really are then they schedule a few bigger schools every once in awhile

What does Burg have to do with this Westfan? You must be green with envy.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:24 am

He sounds like he would fit in well. Easy transition.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:28 am

Winning is a desired trait.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:30 am
Westfan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:28 am
Winning is a desired trait.
My point is that west has a good program but the program doesn't play at the level of jackson. Only school around is Burg other than schools north of Jackson. Yeah I did say only for a half, the 1st half. Then jackson would run away with it in the 2nd half. if you think west can play with jackson then let's hope they schedule them and let them prove it and see what kind of game it would be. That's the point

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

West definitely competes with Jackson this year, and if you look at a block of time over 15-20 years very likely compete with them > 50%. Jackson this year I think are missing some pieces for another run in post season or a FAC league championship. I think there are more teams beside Burg and Chilli that can hang with them in the area and Hillsboro this week could be one, but West I think could for sure. We will see a little more about them with Waverly and then in Week 10 when they come here. Enrollment is what makes the determination for Divisions.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:26 am

West definitely competes with Jackson this year, and if you look at a block of time over 15-20 years very likely compete with them > 50%. Jackson this year I think are missing some pieces for another run in post season or a FAC league championship. I think there are more teams beside Burg and Chilli that can hang with them in the area and Hillsboro this week could be one, but West I think could for sure. We will see a little more about them with Waverly and then in Week 10 when they come here. Enrollment is what makes the determination for Divisions.
If that is legit and true, then why won't west schedule jackson then? if west thinks they can play with jackson, then schedule jackson, it's that simple. Teams won't play jackson because who they are, they talk all the time and say that they can beat jackson but they won't schedule them to play them. Why do you think jackson couldn't get into any of the local leagues in the area when the SEOAL was over, no wanted them to come in to their league. That's why they had to go form their own league and I will definitely see in the future years of schools being added to that league. And most important piece they lost to a broken leg in Evans. Who was an game changer every time he was on the field.

Return to “Football”