West overrated

laser breath
Varsity

Re: West overrated

Post by laser breath »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:04 pm
PoundWESTpound wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 pm I don't understand how everyone thinks Wheelersburg is on another level. They are a very good football team but there not the greatest to play around here. Also yes last week was a big win against Watterson but Watterson was 3-7 last year and got pummeled in a few games. Look at what Hartley did to them. That would make them what Chillicothe if you compare scores. I don't think Chilli is a serious state contender in D3. Also, look at game last year vs burg. West played them tough lost by 10 in a hard fought game. West returns more than Wheelersburg. So to say they are on a different level is a little premature. West also played Burg in a jv game the other night wherem West was predominately Freshman and Burg played at least one senior who plays special teams on Friday night along with multiple juniors and about won the game. They scored on west with a hook and ladder right before the half. The final was 12-8 Burg. So don't be surprised if they get challenged by West this year.
BLASPHEMY!!!! How dare you question the superiority and greatness that is Wheelersburg.
Especially from a mere mortal team like west. To ever question the Burg or give any other local team credit should be punishable by istant removal from the sight and should be make to write a 10,000 sentences . Thou shall not ever question Wheelersburg. Where is P(irate) or Burg06 will a quick response and sharp tongue lashing for ever thinking a team like west should be mentioned in the same breath as wheelersburg. 😅😅😅😅
Re read son. They are giving credit but they aren't where burg is. Just look at the fairland score.

PoundWESTpound
Waterboy

Post by PoundWESTpound »

Anyways, back on subject. I do think West is good and have dominated games since the 2nd half of Portsmouth where they kind of found an identity but I think they still have a lot to prove and have a very tough test tomorrow night. If they can win over there then West as far as I'm concerned deserves recognition

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

West better worry about this week before they worry about week 10.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

PoundWESTpound wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 pm I don't understand how everyone thinks Wheelersburg is on another level. They are a very good football team but there not the greatest to play around here. Also yes last week was a big win against Watterson but Watterson was 3-7 last year and got pummeled in a few games. Look at what Hartley did to them. That would make them what Chillicothe if you compare scores. I don't think Chilli is a serious state contender in D3. Also, look at game last year vs burg. West played them tough lost by 10 in a hard fought game. West returns more than Wheelersburg. So to say they are on a different level is a little premature. West also played Burg in a jv game the other night wherem West was predominately Freshman and Burg played at least one senior who plays special teams on Friday night along with multiple juniors and about won the game. They scored on west with a hook and ladder right before the half. The final was 12-8 Burg. So don't be surprised if they get challenged by West this year.
BLASPHEMY!!!! How dare you question the superiority and greatness that is Wheelersburg.
Especially from a mere mortal team like west. To ever question the Burg or give any other local team credit should be punishable by instant removal from the sight and should be made to write 10,000 sentences . Thou shall not ever question Wheelersburg. Where is P(irate) or Burg06 will a quick response and sharp tongue lashing for ever thinking a team like west should be mentioned in the same breath as wheelersburg. 😅😅😅😅
Awsome and so true
They act like someone is talking about their mother. Bow down to king Woodward or off with their heads

abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

I agree with laser breath here, West is good.. Burg is just much better.
Fairland got the ball back with around a minute and a half left vs west to try and win the game. Burg just toyed with my Dragons.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

PoundWESTpound wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:01 pm How many offers does he have?
Last I checked he was a top ten recruit in ALL of Ohio for basketball. I know he ALREADY has offers. For football? Idk if he really cares. But after the year he's been having. I bet he gets a few looks.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Week 10, Week 10. Keep your hopes up. It's always fun when you think you are going to win. Lol. Tick tock tick tock.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

I don't think anybody forseen this thread turning into a bad idea haha.

24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

Post by 24sevenfootball »

PoundWESTpound wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 pm I don't understand how everyone thinks Wheelersburg is on another level. They are a very good football team but there not the greatest to play around here. Also yes last week was a big win against Watterson but Watterson was 3-7 last year and got pummeled in a few games. Look at what Hartley did to them. That would make them what Chillicothe if you compare scores. I don't think Chilli is a serious state contender in D3. Also, look at game last year vs burg. West played them tough lost by 10 in a hard fought game. West returns more than Wheelersburg. So to say they are on a different level is a little premature. West also played Burg in a jv game the other night where West was predominately Freshman and Burg played at least one senior who plays special teams on Friday night along with multiple juniors and about won the game. They scored on west with a hook and ladder right before the half. The final was 12-8 Burg. So don't be surprised if they get challenged by West this year.
I feel the same way, Burg has played absolutely no one!!! They are a great team no doubt but you hear the same thing evey single year. Last year same ol story, Oh these guys are the best ,unreal, unbelievable, yada yada. Just people from burg with kids on the team. I just watched entire game on film and was not impressed. Good team yes, DV great team. No way in holy hell they win state this year, might get close but will fall short again.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

24sevenfootball wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:57 pm
PoundWESTpound wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 pm I don't understand how everyone thinks Wheelersburg is on another level. They are a very good football team but there not the greatest to play around here. Also yes last week was a big win against Watterson but Watterson was 3-7 last year and got pummeled in a few games. Look at what Hartley did to them. That would make them what Chillicothe if you compare scores. I don't think Chilli is a serious state contender in D3. Also, look at game last year vs burg. West played them tough lost by 10 in a hard fought game. West returns more than Wheelersburg. So to say they are on a different level is a little premature. West also played Burg in a jv game the other night where West was predominately Freshman and Burg played at least one senior who plays special teams on Friday night along with multiple juniors and about won the game. They scored on west with a hook and ladder right before the half. The final was 12-8 Burg. So don't be surprised if they get challenged by West this year.
I feel the same way, Burg has played absolutely no one!!! They are a great team no doubt but you hear the same thing evey single year. Last year same ol story, Oh these guys are the best ,unreal, unbelievable, yada yada. Just people from burg with kids on the team. I just watched entire game on film and was not impressed. Good team yes, DV great team. No way in holy hell they win state this year, might get close but will fall short again.
While y'all are playing round ball.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Isn't West ahead of the Burg in computer points right Now? Doesn't that mean the teams West has played and beaten have been Winning? I think West will bring it all night long. :mrgreen: :shock: Just had to throw that in there and before it is said. I know Burg beats Jackson Friday and they get all those magical points to put them ahead for good. But I think it would be great Burg and West meet at Portsmouth sometime in the regional or I guess maybe a first rounder at the house of Pirates or maybe on the Side. Anyways folks, just enjoy the teams and the games. This thread is a bit disrespectful because it is high school football. But yalll do entertain me. Peace out. Go Burg and go Mighty West Senators.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Especially from a mere mortal team like west. To ever question the Burg or give any other local team credit should be punishable by instant removal from the sight and should be made to write 10,000 sentences . Thou shall not ever question Wheelersburg. Where is P(irate) or Burg06 will a quick response and sharp tongue lashing for ever thinking a team like west should be mentioned in the same breath as wheelersburg. 😅😅😅😅
Funny how you respect burg in the burg Jackson thread but bump your gums on this one.. such a cool guy.. don't worry, tomorrow you can stay hidden in your moms basement and give credit where it is due.
Last edited by BurgGrad6 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I agree that West has a good team and that is great for this area the more good teams the better! But Raceland is good but no where near as good as Wheelersburg they do not have near the depth that Burg has But time will tell actually how good any of these teams are and any given night someone can be beat every team usually has an off night but I just dont see it happening to the Burg this year and West has found them a good coach finally and I am happy that West is getting better good luck to West friday and Go Burg gonna beat those Ironmen in the Apple Bowl of 2017

Burg grad 85
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

😂 😂

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

You my man are a Joke

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

Sport Fan wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:18 am

You my man are a Joke
You didn't watch any film from this year then or you're just trying to get the natives restless. There's not a team in southern Ohio that could shut down CBW they way Burg did. Just by seeing what I've seen this year from West and Burg I don't think West can stay within 4 touchdowns of Burg on there home turf. The Holden kid is a whole different receiver this year than last year and plus Salyers is the best passing QB that Burg has had in several years. By the time week 10 gets here this tread will be 100 pages!

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

It's just West.....

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Well the thread for one is dumb because West is a good team. No one is saying they are great.

The title of the thread is about West. But every thread turns into a Wheelersburg "we're the greatest". They are good. Noone is denying that. Really who cares?

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

Was the point of this thread just to tell everybody that Wheelersburg is better than West? How hasn't this been locked yet?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

It gets old , that why I was poking fun. I have a lot of respect for west football and they are back

Return to “Football”