Coal Grove(19) @ (14)Portsmouth

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
svac83
SE

Re: OVC WK6 (4-1) Coal Grove @ (2-3) Portsmouth

Post by svac83 »

Matt77 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:16 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:12 pm Is Parker back yet?
He came back against Gallia. Played tonight as well.
I don't know how he was tonight but against Gallia academy you could tell he was not 100% plus he got banged up again against them.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Coal Grove(19) @ (14)Portsmouth

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Coal Grove Hornets on the win.........unfortunately another frustrating loss for the Trojans. Portsmouth had a number of opportunities to take control of the game, but several long pass completions by CG completely changed the game around. I had predicted an 8-2 or 9-1 record for this Trojan squad, and right now I'm not looking too smart. Never thought that we would be 2-4 after 6 games, but we are and hopefully the kids will continue to work and play hard. I will be there to support them, but this is one of the more disappointing seasons in quite a while.

GO TROJANS!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth had the lead and the momentum with lots of time left and decide to go for it on 4th and two from their own 40?? They get stopped and very first play from coal grove on short field is a 40yard TD pass, that was the game winner.

And the delay of game when we had a fourth and one hurt also when we had two time outs and did not use one,but did use a timeout after to set up a quick kick .

I thought our kids played hard and had a good chance at winning this game but they have to put it behind them and get ready for next week.

Congrats to coal grove on a nice hard fought win

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

It just seems like CG offense runs so much smoother with #8 at QB. Your QB needs to have confidence and your team needs to have confidence in your QB, and I think they have that when he is in the game. #14 will make a great QB once #8 is gone. I think coach Ferguson done a nice job last night realizing he needed to make the change. These are he types of games CG has to win, and Coach was smart enough to make the adjustments to win the game. Exciting stuff in the future for CG.

Portsmouth played very well and #1 is scary good for them. If he was healthy he mighta been the difference in a win or loss for CG. They have a good team. Much better than their record shows.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Grove has only lost 1 game to west. They are a decent team!

Triplesbychoice
Waterboy

Post by Triplesbychoice »

biggdowgg wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:07 am Portsmouth had the lead and the momentum with lots of time left and decide to go for it on 4th and two from their own 40?? They get stopped and very first play from coal grove on short field is a 40yard TD pass, that was the game winner.

And the delay of game when we had a fourth and one hurt also when we had two time outs and did not use one,but did use a timeout after to set up a quick kick .

I thought our kids played hard and had a good chance at winning this game but they have to put it behind them and get ready for next week.

I'm trying to understand why Portsmouth only runs 4 plays?! Taylen L Isaac L Taylen R Isaac R teams are teeing off on these plays! Passing is non-existent with a QB who is more then capable of completing passes throwing for over 1500 yards last year and completing 58% of his passes. Pass route concepts are terrible with nothing over middle. No hitches, no slants. This offense should score 50 a game! It's a shame!
Last edited by Triplesbychoice on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

They ran the QB quite a bit too.. he's a great athlete too.

Triplesbychoice
Waterboy

Buckeyefan55 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:16 pm They ran the QB quite a bit too.. he's a great athlete too.
Isaac is QB - sorry for confusion

the Games will end for all of us one day. The question is what mark will you leave?
Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

Triplesbychoice wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:21 pm
Buckeyefan55 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:16 pm They ran the QB quite a bit too.. he's a great athlete too.
Isaac is QB - sorry for confusion
Sorry, was thinking that was the other Parker boys name. Portsmouth has a lot of talent... could have easily put that game away, and could easily win out..

Triplesbychoice
Waterboy

Unfortunately it's about two weeks too late to figure out u have to put ur play makers in space and let them create. Zone read is effective if there is play action off of it with more then two guys on routes. D has made enough stops for this team to have beaten Gallia & CG, especially CG! It's almost like we went into a "try not to lose offense"

the Games will end for all of us one day. The question is what mark will you leave?
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Portsmouth is like Ironton a big disappoint every year!

tkd325
Waterboy

Post by tkd325 »

Buckeyefan55 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:31 pm It just seems like CG offense runs so much smoother with #8 at QB. Your QB needs to have confidence and your team needs to have confidence in your QB, and I think they have that when he is in the game. #14 will make a great QB once #8 is gone. I think coach Ferguson done a nice job last night realizing he needed to make the change. These are he types of games CG has to win, and Coach was smart enough to make the adjustments to win the game. Exciting stuff in the future for CG.

Portsmouth played very well and #1 is scary good for them. If he was healthy he mighta been the difference in a win or loss for CG. They have a good team. Much better than their record shows.
I couldn't agree more! Harmon is very talented and plays smart and when in a pinch has the muscle and skill to run and take a hit. Really looking forward to watching him continue to improve! The morale of the team is much better when he has the ball. #14 will be ready to step up, once #8 is graduated.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

biggdowgg wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:07 am Portsmouth had the lead and the momentum with lots of time left and decide to go for it on 4th and two from their own 40?? They get stopped and very first play from coal grove on short field is a 40yard TD pass, that was the game winner.

I know that Duncan played for, and coached for, Clifford; however, he doesn't have to manage the game like Clifford.

:mrgreen:

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

:!: such a disappointing season for the seniors at Portsmouth and very disappointing for Isaac to transfer thinking it would be different. Duncan and his staff is the worst I've ever seen in high school football. With the talent they have there is absolutely no reason this team shouldn't have been a playoff team. I don't know who's calling the plays in from the top but they should lose there job for sure. Play action pass with Isaac sitting in the pocket and this team is 4-2 maybe 5-1. I haven't seen one slant pass all year lmao, I've seen Isaac run to his right and roll out to his left all year. I could go on and on but it's not gonna change the fact that they have one coach on that team that's worth a darn and that's Gerald Cadogen. Time to clean house

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

Triplesbychoice wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:54 pm

I'm trying to understand why Portsmouth only runs 4 plays?! Taylen L Isaac L Taylen R Isaac R teams are teeing off on these plays! Passing is non-existent with a QB who is more then capable of completing passes throwing for over 1500 yards last year and completing 58% of his passes. Pass route concepts are terrible with nothing over middle. No hitches, no slants. This offense should score 50 a game! It's a shame!
It blows my mind the offensive scheme is the worst I've ever seen in high school football. Isaac had absolutely no line last year and through for 1500 yards. Gonna be some changes made or I know a few who is moving down the road. He should have thrown for 2500 plus this year.

Triplesbychoice
Waterboy

To say how saac has been used is a disappointment is the understatement of the year. Over 1500 yds passing and 500 rushing for a over 2000 in total offense with a team that was playing 2 vs 11 every week (isaac & Tay offut) to come and be a running back! Still no slants, hitches, tunnel screens. Oh yeah LC 2-5 PHS 3-4

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

has he had the time to throw for 2500?

Return to “Football”