Minford(6) @ (50)West

vladimir
S

Re: Minford(6) @ (50)West

Post by vladimir »

What Brisker brought in was the Bigger, Faster, Stronger power lifting program from one of Col. Bishop Hartley coaches who was a Minford grad in the 1960s. Coach John Berry who relocated his family back to Scioto County to practice law. John Berry was also the man in charge of all strength and conditioning in the early years of Daniels HCing career. Berry also had two other coaches below him who followed his lead (Coach Rickman and Simpson.) IN 2010, due to cardiac arrest at the age of 60, Coach Berry suddenly passed. This really hurt Minford. Anyhow, what both Brisker and Daniels realized is that Berry knew what he was doing and let him have full absolute control over the weight-room. They both knew how to delegate responsibility to those who know what they are doing and let them have full control.

You are also correct, as every starter in 2009, even the QB(Oesch), could bench over 300-lbs and squat 450+. We had kids in a power lifting system for 4 to 5 years, and Minford was strong thus won games because of it. Now we are so weak upfront I doubt we have any kid who is anywhere near the type of strength we used to have. Minford does have a coach on their staff who is recognized as one of the best power lifting coaches in the state and has produced multiple state champions in the 200-lbs class (Joel Williams and JP Piguet), but I'm not so sure he's being utilized correctly.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Vlad you are 100% correct John was the best asset brisker and Daniels had as coaches. That and a offensive identity you can't go 3 and out every series and except the defense to stop them every time.

Westfan
SEOP

Re: SOC2 Opening Week (3-2) Minford @ (5-0) West

Post by Westfan »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:23 am
Westfan wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:50 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:37 am

Boy imagine if a burg fan said that. He'd be castrated.
Might be a good to go ahead and castrate all Wheelersburg fans. End the strain for the good of Man kind.
2nd place sucks. 2nd in the SOC. 2nd in the region. Always playing second fiddle. I get you. The butt hurt is radiating.
Cry cry cry
You put me in mind of a 35 year wearing his tighty whities, eating cheatos, and playing on the computer in his mom's basement.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Yes, I knew it was John who had the big affect in the weight room. Have followed the Falcons for a few years.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: SOC2 Opening Week (3-2) Minford @ (5-0) West

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:49 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:23 am
Westfan wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:50 am

Might be a good to go ahead and castrate all Wheelersburg fans. End the strain for the good of Man kind.
2nd place sucks. 2nd in the SOC. 2nd in the region. Always playing second fiddle. I get you. The butt hurt is radiating.
Cry cry cry
You put me in mind of a 35 year wearing his tighty whities, eating cheatos, and playing on the computer in his mom's basement.
Who tf is crying? And come on man. We all know you're trying to use my line from a few years ago. Be original. Please. Have one original thought. Let's see if you can do it

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:17 am What Brisker brought in was the Bigger, Faster, Stronger power lifting program from one of Col. Bishop Hartley coaches who was a Minford grad in the 1960s. Coach John Berry who relocated his family back to Scioto County to practice law. John Berry was also the man in charge of all strength and conditioning in the early years of Daniels HCing career. Berry also had two other coaches below him who followed his lead (Coach Rickman and Simpson.) IN 2010, due to cardiac arrest at the age of 60, Coach Berry suddenly passed. This really hurt Minford. Anyhow, what both Brisker and Daniels realized is that Berry knew what he was doing and let him have full absolute control over the weight-room. They both knew how to delegate responsibility to those who know what they are doing and let them have full control.

You are also correct, as every starter in 2009, even the QB(Oesch), could bench over 300-lbs and squat 450+. We had kids in a power lifting system for 4 to 5 years, and Minford was strong thus won games because of it. Now we are so weak upfront I doubt we have any kid who is anywhere near the type of strength we used to have. Minford does have a coach on their staff who is recognized as one of the best power lifting coaches in the state and has produced multiple state champions in the 200-lbs class (Joel Williams and JP Piguet), but I'm not so sure he's being utilized correctly.
Minford does not have a starting lineman that can rep 225 on bench. Last year the strongest player in the weight room was the running back. Something has to change in the weight room if Minford wants to compete in the future. You can't teach athleticism but you can make kids stronger.

Return to “Football”