Wheelersburg Football Issues Final Statement

bleed_blue
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg Football Issues Final Statement

Post by bleed_blue »

allamericanironman wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:35 am If it happened to me or any of you all. We would without a doubt act the same way. Poff is a warrior works at a steel mill he’s not a teacher with soft hands. He is the Alfa male I empathize with him I would probably have lost control too it’s a big game and he is absolutely who the whole community looks to to fight for the boys. How dare you spew insults at him he would probably put you in your place as easy as he breaths. Men and women put yourself in the mans shoes he thinks he’s not a man if he didn’t call y’all out. I give him props for that he’s not scared and he has this mans respect.

He was upset but never lost control as far as I know. Just try and put yourself in that position guys he is the last one that wants to worry this stuff but he has the guts and currage. I like him the more I think about it.
Why the shot at teachers what makes a man that works in a steel mill any better than a teacher? Why is it ok for him to take passive aggressive shots at Wheelersburg in the paper but it’s not ok for people to say a thing about him?

Those kids and coaching staff had one game circled on their schedule all year. They were so wrapped up in the whole revenge narrative that they were unprepared. They felt that Wheelersburg was lucky to beat them last year. After reading all the articles that were put out you would think they had already won the title and their kids body language showed that before the game. Wheelersburg came out punched them and they lost the biggest game in their football program’s history. They have refused to accept the fact that Wheelersburg was the better team and beat their once in lifetime team. Poff himself has been the ringleader of all this. He has made accusations 2 years in a row as to why they lost instead of being a man shaking your opponents hands and admit they were simple the better team.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

You do have to wonder...In several interviews leading up to the game, players and coaches alike said that they were not able to say the word "Wheelersburg" all year from day one. The week before the game, Poff says in a video interview "Coach Woodward and Wheelersburg do things right." It's still on youtube for you to watch. (Although the year before he said after the game that Wheelersburg was "mimicking their play calls" and "they did what they had to do to win.")

I think that once he lost with what he said was the best team in their school history, they started making accusations and excuses. There was no evidence of anything, and the state and their attorneys said there was no need to pursue.

Talent, skill, coaching, hard work, belief, determination, knowledge of the game, and several other factors were involved in Burg pulling this game out, not a mic'd up video guy in the last seconds of the game.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

allamericanironman wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:35 am If it happened to me or any of you all. We would without a doubt act the same way. Poff is a warrior works at a steel mill he’s not a teacher with soft hands. He is the Alfa male I empathize with him I would probably have lost control too it’s a big game and he is absolutely who the whole community looks to to fight for the boys. How dare you spew insults at him he would probably put you in your place as easy as he breaths. Men and women put yourself in the mans shoes he thinks he’s not a man if he didn’t call y’all out. I give him props for that he’s not scared and he has this mans respect.

He was upset but never lost control as far as I know. Just try and put yourself in that position guys he is the last one that wants to worry this stuff but he has the guts and currage. I like him the more I think about it.
So you call barging into the Wheelersburg locker after the game confronting coaches and players alike all while videoing with his phone not losing control? He had to be arrested to get him out of there. Definitely not the way to handle it. Before this senior class came along, Madison was a mediocre team that never made the playoffs running the same system Poff ran. Now that they are gone, he saw the cupboards were bare so probably decided to get out while he could.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

I think both sides need to let it go and move on. Its over and thats that.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:03 pm

So you call barging into the Wheelersburg locker after the game confronting coaches and players alike all while videoing with his phone not losing control? He had to be arrested to get him out of there. Definitely not the way to handle it. Before this senior class came along, Madison was a mediocre team that never made the playoffs running the same system Poff ran. Now that they are gone, he saw the cupboards were bare so probably decided to get out while he could.
He didn’t start a brawl come on guys it could have been 100 times worse no one got hurt he might have taped a few butts. I just try to put myself in his shoes. The fact that he was tapping meant he wasn’t going to hurt anyone. He was wanting Woodward to swing on him so he could fight that’s my best guess. He was arrested for trespassing then that’s nothing compared to how bad it could have been.

I am playing devils advocate here if you are able see it how he did. No I’m not talking about all the other garbage just the fact with Mosley I don’t care about anything else it was sad to happen because Mosley was the reason He got out-of-control. He would not of done that if that hadn’t happened and we all know that.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

ravensfan09 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:25 pm I think both sides need to let it go and move on. Its over and thats that.
I agree bud! No one got hurt thank god.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

allamericanironman wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:40 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:03 pm

He didn’t start a brawl come on guys it could have been 100 times worse no one got hurt he might have taped a few butts. I just try to put myself in his shoes. The fact that he was tapping meant he wasn’t going to hurt anyone. He was wanting Woodward to swing on him so he could fight that’s my best guess. He was arrested for trespassing then that’s nothing compared to how bad it could have been.

I am playing devils advocate here if you are able see it how he did. No I’m not talking about all the other garbage just the fact with Mosley I don’t care about anything else it was sad to happen because Mosley was the reason He got out-of-control. He would not of done that if that hadn’t happened and we all know that.
No, Poff is a grown man who made his own decisions. HE and HE alone is responsible for his actions.
But I do agree with you about being time to move on. Nothing about it can be changed.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

TrojanFB, you sound like you are very football wise and seem to post intellect topics. God bless you young man!

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Prime Time wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:54 pm TrojanFB, you sound like you are very football wise and seem to post intellect topics. God bless you young man!
I don’t know if any of that is true lol, but thank you none the less.

I know a little, I’m no football coach or anything but I know enough to fake it lol.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Your welcome,your posts bring out a side of fairness and in depth thinking from both angles, this kind of posting is refreshing on here.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

In OVC next year who are the challengers for title TrojanFB.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:52 pm In OVC next year who are the challengers for title TrojanFB.
Don’t want to highjack the Burg thread so I started a OVC 2019 topic for you. I honestly don’t know enough about what everyone else has coming back besides Portsmouth and Ironton, hopefully someone else can fill us in some more.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Poff probably voted for Hillary.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Trojanfb, very nice , I’ll check it out. thanks for starting that.

Return to “Football”