SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg Football Issues Final Statement

Post by wobycat »

Ridiculous that he had to.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:06 pm Ridiculous that he had to.
I agree woby.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Agree! Looks like Coach Fruity Cuckoo Poff is assistant coaching the south team in The April North South game! He’s still hanging around

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:10 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:06 pm Ridiculous that he had to.
I agree woby.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s pathetic what we had to go through. Like last season they whined and complained. They done the same this past season. They are just jealous of our success

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Outsider looking in on tha burg and the letter coach Woodard wrote is very well said. Agree it is a shame that the program had to issue such a statement. They never took in the years of success the program has had, oodels of talent at every position, community support, and tha burgs morals values and ways of winning were established with beginning with the days of Ed Miller and coach hall.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

First let me say that I don’t believe the individual in question did anything wrong.

With that said I find it strange that Wheelersburg would want to put this statement out that gives no prof of anything.

If it was me, I think the simplest way to handle it would have been to just release the phone records, and any media they had from the time in question. Yes some people would still argue that they didn’t release everything but phone records would have been nearly impossible to argue with. Instead this opens them up for people to still have doubts about wheather they are hiding something.

One thing that clearly comes accross though is how much Coach Woodard is bothered by these aligations, hopefully he can shake that and it doesn’t continue to effect him and his team, as I believe the stigma did in the following week against Johnstown.

Best thing they can do now, besides releasing phone records is to continue success of the field, while monitoring all individuals involved ensuring that no additional situations arise where there could be any question.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:46 am First let me say that I don’t believe the individual in question did anything wrong.

With that said I find it strange that Wheelersburg would want to put this statement out that gives no prof of anything.

If it was me, I think the simplest way to handle it would have been to just release the phone records, and any media they had from the time in question. Yes some people would still argue that they didn’t release everything but phone records would have been nearly impossible to argue with. Instead this opens them up for people to still have doubts about wheather they are hiding something.

One thing that clearly comes accross though is how much Coach Woodard is bothered by these aligations, hopefully he can shake that and it doesn’t continue to effect him and his team, as I believe the stigma did in the following week against Johnstown.

Best thing they can do now, besides releasing phone records is to continue success of the field, while monitoring all individuals involved ensuring that no additional situations arise where there could be any question.
OHSAA did investigate. Mosley did cooperate. There was absolutely nothing there. It’s embarrassing that the other schools superintendent and staff acted in the manner that they did. Common sense would lead anyone to believe that if even if Mosley had called up to whoever was receiving the call that the coach would have to have an interpretation of what was being said in the form of a playbook. I seriously doubt Madison coach or any other coach just hands that over to the opposing team. Calling out a formation to a coach before the play does nothing for an advantage. Honestly it would cause a disadvantage as most coaches like to show strength one way and go the other way in form of deception.

Honestly he owes the coach of Madison nothing. I feel he’s doing this for his own peace of mind.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:07 am
Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:46 am First let me say that I don’t believe the individual in question did anything wrong.

OHSAA did investigate. Mosley did cooperate. There was absolutely nothing there. It’s embarrassing that the other schools superintendent and staff acted in the manner that they did. Common sense would lead anyone to believe that if even if Mosley had called up to whoever was receiving the call that the coach would have to have an interpretation of what was being said in the form of a playbook. I seriously doubt Madison coach or any other coach just hands that over to the opposing team. Calling out a formation to a coach before the play does nothing for an advantage. Honestly it would cause a disadvantage as most coaches like to show strength one way and go the other way in form of deception.

Honestly he owes the coach of Madison nothing. I feel he’s doing this for his own peace of mind.
Spot on Trojan.

Woby this is eating at him. Shedding light is really the only solution to make everything right. I am sure we are not the only two people that think this.

I agree that it’s a shame we have to be guilty before proven innocentBut in the court of public opinion that’s how it is sometimes

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Want to be clear not trying to discredit Mosley Woodard or Burg, as I don’t believe they did anything wrong. I do believe state was at fault with not giving him a media pass but that’s a different story.

If it was me though I would have put everything out to the public, so people don’t think they are hiding anything. You know how the court of public opinion goes.

Interesting side note, saw where Madison’s coach has now resigned. Makes them look even worse but who knows what personal reasons he may have had besides this.

As for being able to use information obtained that way I disagree. Most football calls all have a similar verbiage especially at this level. Hearing things like 32 dive, well it’s obviously the 3 back in the 2 hole. 21 counter right, obviously the 2 back, faking 1 hole counter to the right.
Burg uses iPads for play calls, could be sent over instantly that way, and then all it takes is shifting to over load where the ball is going which could easily be done from side line.

Again I don’t think burg did this but it is possible. Not probably and again Mosley not anyone at burg did this just possible.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Why do the innocent have to constantly have prove their innocence? Society has made it to where we are truly guilty until proven innocent. We’ve all saw these articles and comments that have been put out making these allegations in an attempt to discredit the success and hard work Coach Woodward, the coaching staff, and the players have put in year after year without any significant proof. Why should Wheelersburg have to put anything out there when the people making the allegations have yet to produce any kind of creditable evidence?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:52 am

Spot on Trojan.

Woby this is eating at him. Shedding light is really the only solution to make everything right. I am sure we are not the only two people that think this.

I agree that it’s a shame we have to be guilty before proven innocentBut in the court of public opinion that’s how it is sometimes
Apparently you didn’t read my first statement. OHSAA DID investigate. Wheelersburg and Mosley DID cooperate. In the eyes of the governing body of Ohio high school football, they found no wrong. That’s the only light that needed to be shedded to. Frankly no one else needs an explanation, especially those who won’t believe regardless. The reason it eats at me, is that some people want almost hope for it to be true on the mere fact of what school it is. Paying no attention to common sense of what the accusations are and to whom they are directed to. But your post continues to show that type of insanity.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:04 pm Want to be clear not trying to discredit Mosley Woodard or Burg, as I don’t believe they did anything wrong. I do believe state was at fault with not giving him a media pass but that’s a different story.

If it was me though I would have put everything out to the public, so people don’t think they are hiding anything. You know how the court of public opinion goes.

Interesting side note, saw where Madison’s coach has now resigned. Makes them look even worse but who knows what personal reasons he may have had besides this.

As for being able to use information obtained that way I disagree. Most football calls all have a similar verbiage especially at this level. Hearing things like 32 dive, well it’s obviously the 3 back in the 2 hole. 21 counter right, obviously the 2 back, faking 1 hole counter to the right.
Burg uses iPads for play calls, could be sent over instantly that way, and then all it takes is shifting to over load where the ball is going which could easily be done from side line.

Again I don’t think burg did this but it is possible. Not probably and again Mosley not anyone at burg did this just possible.
This is exactly what I am talking about. I talked to a local coach and said it was almost impossible. To get the opponents call out of the break of the huddle, adjust to the call, and then relay it to players before the snap of the ball.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg definitely tainted their name on the state forum. It doesn’t look good. Hopefully Burg doesn’t cheat but idk.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:43 pm Burg definitely tainted their name on the state forum. It doesn’t look good. Hopefully Burg doesn’t cheat but idk.
How is that?

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:27 pm
Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:04 pm Want to be clear not trying to discredit Mosley Woodard or Burg, as I don’t believe they did anything wrong. I do believe state was at fault with not giving him a media pass but that’s a different story.

This is exactly what I am talking about. I talked to a local coach and said it was almost impossible. To get the opponents call out of the break of the huddle, adjust to the call, and then relay it to players before the snap of the ball.
What makes it even harder is the fact that he was 25 plus yards way from the coaches calling the plays.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

To whom it may concern?

Curious as to who all this letter was sent out to, local paper, Facebook, burgfan.com, etc.... who was it intended for?

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

bleed_blue wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:57 pm

Why do the innocent have to constantly have prove their innocence? Society has made it to where we are truly guilty until proven innocent. We’ve all saw these articles and comments that have been put out making these allegations in an attempt to discredit the success and hard work Coach Woodward, the coaching staff, and the players have put in year after year without any significant proof. Why should Wheelersburg have to put anything out there when the people making the allegations have yet to produce any kind of creditable evidence?

They don’t have to wheather innocent or guilty ( and like I said I agree they are innocent), I stated that if it was me and I was innocent I would want everything possible to prove that innocence to be released to the public to dispute the court of opinion.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The court of opinion? Lol. People continue to believe when the OHSAA found no wrong in them. Lol what do you think they should do, hold a press conference with Ben spicer, or wnxt? Plead to preps? Posters like raider ball will never believe them, ever. The letter was put on the team’s website

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:06 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:52 am

Spot on Trojan.

Apparently you didn’t read my first statement. OHSAA DID investigate. Wheelersburg and Mosley DID cooperate. In the eyes of the governing body of Ohio high school football, they found no wrong. That’s the only light that needed to be shedded to. Frankly no one else needs an explanation, especially those who won’t believe regardless. The reason it eats at me, is that some people want almost hope for it to be true on the mere fact of what school it is. Paying no attention to common sense of what the accusations are and to whom they are directed to. But your post continues to show that type of insanity.
I was telling you it is eating at your coach not you!

Return to “Football”