Update on the new PVC

Commish
Waterboy

Update on the new PVC

Post by Commish »

The name, PVC, it's probably gone. Fresh start, let's go.

These teams want in, Cambridge, Warren, Marietta, Shenandoah, Caldwell and Fort Frye.

Interested teams, Newcomerstown and Barnesville.
Newcomerstown is interested if Buckeye Trail comes, if those two come Barnesville could take it more seriously, if Barnesville listens Union Local could listen but unlikely.

Other teams being mentioned, Rosecrans, West Muskingum, Crooksville and Logan.

Unsure how divisions would go but I think that is the least of the worries now, right now the celebration is ghat we have a league, possibly a huge league.

Commish
Waterboy

Re: Update on the new PVC

Post by Commish »

Exciting new day, I just read that meadowbrook is coach searching with Twiddy taking job at Louisville. Tyler Engle?

OhioHsHelmets
Waterboy

Post by OhioHsHelmets »

Monroe Central & Frontier involved with this as well?

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Commish wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:12 pm The name, PVC, it's probably gone. Fresh start, let's go.

These teams want in, Cambridge, Warren, Marietta, Shenandoah, Caldwell and Fort Frye.

Interested teams, Newcomerstown and Barnesville.
Newcomerstown is interested if Buckeye Trail comes, if those two come Barnesville could take it more seriously, if Barnesville listens Union Local could listen but unlikely.

Other teams being mentioned, Rosecrans, West Muskingum, Crooksville and Logan.

Unsure how divisions would go but I think that is the least of the worries now, right now the celebration is ghat we have a league, possibly a huge league.
That could be very interesting in all sports!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

We need another big school. Logan joins I think we have possibilities. I’m glad we have people finally taking serous. The remaining PVC teams need a league struggling to get games scheduled. ECOL is dead now is the time to build a new league.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

What would Logan gain by joining this? Can’t see them being an option. With the schools you’ve listed it would have to be a big/small format. If they’re going that direction why not look across the Ohio River and invite both Parkersburg schools? Add them to Warren, Marietta and Cambridge. Easy travel.
Go Fort, Caldwell, Shenandoah, Trail and Newcomerstown.

marklduckworth
Freshman Team

Post by marklduckworth »

I think redskinwitness is right on target. Logan is a Division 1 school that is part of the Central District. Joining a league that would have East and SouthEast District schools in it would only happen out of desperation and would be of little to no benefit to Logan. Logan was a charter member of the State's longest running league (the now defunct SEOAL) They have tremendous facilities and are building more as we speak. The people of Logan have made a commitment to have first class facilities and first class programs. They have great community pride and are growing.

I do not have a magic formula on the league situation even though I wish I did. Mixing Ohio and West Virginia can be done, but it is not ideal as seasons do not match up and the size difference is very real. They make much better non league games than they do league opponents. Stay tuned as I hope the PVC survives and grows and provides great opportunities for the children and families.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

marklduckworth wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:09 pm I think redskinwitness is right on target. Logan is a Division 1 school that is part of the Central District. Joining a league that would have East and SouthEast District schools in it would only happen out of desperation and would be of little to no benefit to Logan. Logan was a charter member of the State's longest running league (the now defunct SEOAL) They have tremendous facilities and are building more as we speak. The people of Logan have made a commitment to have first class facilities and first class programs. They have great community pride and are growing.

I do not have a magic formula on the league situation even though I wish I did. Mixing Ohio and West Virginia can be done, but it is not ideal as seasons do not match up and the size difference is very real. They make much better non league games than they do league opponents. Stay tuned as I hope the PVC survives and grows and provides great opportunities for the children and families.
Logan just need to experience success! They are a sleeping giant!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

At this conference expansion race discussion to the bottom, we’re going to see “Logan to the Ohio Valley Conference???” by February.

Rosecrans, huh?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:11 pm At this conference expansion race discussion to the bottom, we’re going to see “Logan to the Ohio Valley Conference???” by February.

Rosecrans, huh?
Rosecrans I heard is super interested.

Could see the small schools stick together

Fort Frye
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Buckeye Trail
Rosecrans
Newcomerstown
Barnesville

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

From what I was told they want Fort Frye to be in the big school division.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I don't remember seeing this article posted before, but here is an "update" from November on the "old PVC"..........

It's down to just three schools for the upcoming school year: Fort Frye, Shenandoah and Caldwell.

I tried to find an article on Frontier's announcement that they were leaving, but couldn't find anything for some reason.

http://www.timesleaderonline.com/sports ... m-the-pvc/

Monroe Central formally withdraws from the PVC
Nov 22 2018

WOODSFIELD — Monroe Central was one of the charter members of the Pioneer Valley Conference.

The Seminoles become the latest school to inform the league and commissioner Don Ulman that they’re departing the league and will continue as OVAC members.

Athletics Director Ryan Rosnick told Ulman and the other member schools during a meeting earlier this week and sent his formal letter of withdrawl to the conference officials.

“I talked to our assistant superintendent, our principal and our coaches and everyone was on board with what we’ve decided to do,” Rosnick said.
The status of the PVC remains in a state of flux. River and Buckeye Trail had left in recent years without replacement. Last month, the league learned that Frontier, which is another long-time member, was departing as well.

“When Frontier announced it was getting out, it really worried me for the (future) of the league,” Rosnick said. “Some of the schools that were being talked about for inviting to the league, it really worried me in terms of our travel.”

With Monroe Central and Frontier out after the completion of this school year, the PVC’s membership will stand at three with Fort Frye, Caldwell and Shenandoah.

“Obviously, those are some good schools and competition still remaining, but with four schools left, I am not sure how much of an accomplishment winning the PVC is anymore,” Rosnick said. “It just didn’t make sense for us to continue.”

Rosnick has spoken with officials from both Shenandoah and Caldwell and the schools plan to continue to play in every sport. As for Fort Frye, the Seminoles will play the Cadets next season to fulfill their contract.

“We’re fairly close to Shenandoah and Caldwell and we have good relationships with both schools, so we’re not going to drop them,” Rosnick offered. “We don’t want to leave Fort Frye in a bind for football, so we’re going to honor that contract.”

The Seminoles currently own 38 PVC championships and 13 of those have been won in football.

Speaking of football, Monroe Central’s schedule is already set for next year and it features just one change. West Muskingum is off the slate and a date with Bridgeport has been signed for week two. The annual Shadyside game is shifting to Week 10.

“One of the things some of the people said at the PVC meeting was there might be a difficult time finding games, but one of the things I’ve never had a problem doing is scheduling,” Rosnick said.

“We always seem to have different schools reaching out. I think this is going to benefit us in a lot of ways.”

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

rockcoach wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:29 am From what I was told they want Fort Frye to be in the big school division.
Fort not interested in being in the big school div from my sources.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:47 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:11 pm At this conference expansion race discussion to the bottom, we’re going to see “Logan to the Ohio Valley Conference???” by February.

Rosecrans, huh?

Fort Frye
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Buckeye Trail
Rosecrans
Newcomerstown
Barnesville
Only two years in, and Rosecrans is cutting the bait on the MSL. Wow!

Commish
Waterboy

Post by Commish »

Buckeye Trail not interested at all so no Newcomerstown.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Commish wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:02 am Buckeye Trail not interested at all so no Newcomerstown.
You mean the principal that left for IVC is not interested. IVC is terrible for Buckeye Trail. Awful travel no rivals. All the coaches want out but the principal that came up with it is stubborn.

Commish
Waterboy

Post by Commish »

How about leaving the big schools out. Now let's go with Fort Frye, Caldwell, Shenandoah, Rosecrans, Crooksville and see what Newcomerstown and Barnesvilles interest levels are. I don't know that we can get the others but let's not tell East Guernsey (Buckeye Trail) that they hold the cards. I think Shenandoah should offer to turf every team who joins football field. That would get you a few members and Shenandoah would still have $50 million in the bank.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

League is prob dead.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:47 pm

Just out of curiosity, why would NCtown be interested in this new league? I used to live up that way and I thought they were pretty much tied to the smaller Tusky Valley schools through tradition.

Rosecrans, huh?

Fort Frye
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Buckeye Trail
Rosecrans
Newcomerstown
Barnesville

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Barnesville's AD said he is not interested in joining any other league.

Return to “Football”