Re: Logan football 2019

Post by noreply66 »

good read

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

svac83 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:15 pm Coming from a Gallia Academy fan this is what i can tell you about what i would expect out of coach Eddy's team year 1. First you will see this right out of gate this team will be in good physical condition. Some people will be upset because they think some kids are playing out of position. Your team will not physically back down from anyone. Every week your team will be put on the field with a game plan that if executed will give them a chance to win. Doesn't necessarily mean you will win the games. Your team may be beat by superior or talent or execution. But it wont be from not having a good game plan.

The community will probably never all be behind coach Eddy. He is a polarizing figure. He will turn out great young men and improve there football skills. Not many people have neutral opinion on him. I think he will be extremely effective coach at Logan.
Completely agree. Coach Eddy will have the Chieftains ready to play. Be thankful, you do have a good coach.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:31 pm I think one reason Frey was so high on Angle was because he helped coach for Pick North for awhile and maybe got to see him up close and personal. I think he was good friends with the head coach at that time if I remember right. Yea when Time Warner took over that was the end of local football broadcast for the natives. TV around here really went downhill when they took over and only got worse with Spectrum. :evil: I recently dumped them and went with Dish. Get more channels now for basically the same price.
Bolt, I've noticed you have a avatar pic on this Logan thread above, but your other various thread posts there's none. :? What's up with that? :shock: I never remember you having that avatar pic either. I remember a car of some kind.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Never mind, Bolt. I figured out 3/4 of it, but the avatar picture.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

svac83 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:15 pm Coming from a Gallia Academy fan this is what i can tell you about what i would expect out of coach Eddy's team year 1. First you will see this right out of gate this team will be in good physical condition. Some people will be upset because they think some kids are playing out of position. Your team will not physically back down from anyone. Every week your team will be put on the field with a game plan that if executed will give them a chance to win. Doesn't necessarily mean you will win the games. Your team may be beat by superior or talent or execution. But it wont be from not having a good game plan.

The community will probably never all be behind coach Eddy. He is a polarizing figure. He will turn out great young men and improve there football skills. Not many people have neutral opinion on him. I think he will be extremely effective coach at Logan.
Just that alone will be a nice change! Logan always seemed be changing offenses or defensive schemes every year or in mid season :shock: .

AT THE RESERVATION
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:20 pm

Just that alone will be a nice change! Logan always seemed be changing offenses or defensive schemes every year or in mid season :shock: .
I've heard they have the old OC back from when they were making it to the playoffs. They need to get Amyx back to call the defense. Can't help but make them better.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Before him, they was in the playoffs when Jim (Rock) Robinson was the OC as well.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

According to the paper vacation time ended yesterday. Time to get the sweat flying boys. Lots of grueling workouts ahead I bet.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Soooo it was true about vacation...? Huh...I'll be darn.... Not good for the young men to have success....What paper is it in,.. C Clamp....? Where can I buy one....? Would like to read about it.....

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

It partly true inches! School board adopted a policy this year called "down time" where student athletes have to stay completely away from all activities from last part June until after the first part of July to be with their families. Craig Dunn said he likes the idea and said it should be implemented state wide. Gotta recharge them batteries sometime inches. 8-)

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Implemented State wide....Won't happen....Know of some schools that has numerous State Championships in Football, and most would not go for the idea of down time.....Not in the cards for success.....What paper was this in?....Gotta be kidding.....

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

cbolt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:25 am It partly true inches! School board adopted a policy this year called "down time" where student athletes have to stay completely away from all activities from last part June until after the first part of July to be with their families. Craig Dunn said he likes the idea and said it should be implemented state wide. Gotta recharge them batteries sometime inches. 8-)
NUTS :mrgreen:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

cbolt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:25 am It partly true inches! School board adopted a policy this year called "down time" where student athletes have to stay completely away from all activities from last part June until after the first part of July to be with their families. Craig Dunn said he likes the idea and said it should be implemented state wide. Gotta recharge them batteries sometime inches. 8-)
Most schools give you a week off for vacation

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:25 am Gotta recharge them batteries sometime 8-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

The way things are going the "down time" will probably keep getting longer in the future. My buddies inches and moonshine won't like that. :lol:

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Way below .500 seasons will be getting longer in the future too with a policy like that......It's not the point in me liking it....Would like to see the Chieftains do better....I just know what it takes to make a tough winning team....Been there, seen it, and participated on championship teams.....Never seen or heard of down time accomplishing A plus success... It's like hitting the books.... if you slack and don't study.....Failure follows.....

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

i think really with all the rule changes a policy like this does not hurt you too bad. Because you can do a lot of things in small groups does not require to use any of your 10 day of summer practice.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:57 pm The way things are going the "down time" will probably keep getting longer in the future.
That wouldn't surprise me at all, Bolt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Yep they will probably say it reduces the chance of injury by having more time off, like the OHSAA did with all the tackling restrictions they made in recent years. We had the whole month of June off when we played. I could see them going back to that with no weight rooms or nothing until after the 4th of July.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Can't control what the School board does....I'm not from around here but bought a little get away place in the area and seen a few games and will see some more this fall....I noticed Logan was in some games last year they could have won, but ran out of juice and mistakes and bad game plans...Work hard and a little fine tuning in skills and player placement from a good coach could change that around....Very unique School and facility's and area to be missing out on success...The locals I have met so far are friendly and seem to have some intelligence what it takes to win....Some I conversed with seem to be upset about the way the over all program has been ran in the last decade or so.....No reason they shouldn't be playing good ball like a big Div 2 School should.....

Return to “Football”