Logan football 2019

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by countywide35 »

yes logan is in a difficult situation when it comes to region and distance to travel....I think at this point Logan would be happy to travel the distance to prove that logan football has returned...

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
RNATION
Waterboy

Post by RNATION »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:32 am Logan over Fairfield Union 2/0 in the varsity. Logan 20 plays for 210 yards. Fairfield Union 20 plays for 39 yards. Yard are total gained not net. Logan D had 5 sacks counting play stopped with QB in trouble. Net yards would have been less than 10 for FU. Logan didn't lose yardage on any play. Logan TDs were from the three and a 35 yard run.
Logan also had a varsity 60 yard run for a TD

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Must have been later. I watched two 10 down series from both varsities and one by the 2nd units. Then I left.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
RNATION
Waterboy

Post by RNATION »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:45 pm Must have been later. I watched two 10 down series from both varsities and one by the 2nd units. Then I left.
It was near the end McCarty busted loose

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

That third series with the 2nds in I thought the varsity was over.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:45 pm That third series with the 2nds in I thought the varsity was over.
They brought the Varsity's back in for a down and distance series at the end.

McCarty's last TD was the last play of the srimmage.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Okay

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Chiefs looked very good last night. No - Marietta isn’t the same competition that Canal has been the the last two years.

But the Tigers moved the ball very well against Athens last week.

Logan offense wasn’t perfect, but was effective. Running game is going to be the bread and butter. McCarty is displaying the abilities his brother had. Spatar is going to be effective in the option game. Justice (sophomore) is going to emerge as a threat too.

Receivers are doing a nice job blocking the edges. Mace had a pancake block against FU to spring one of McCarty’s TDS.

Defense was completely dominant. The defensive line established control and the linebackers were reading well and getting to the football. Spatar didn’t play much “D” last year but has been strong at outside linebacker. Once the other Ruff boy is back they can be even better, but I’m not even sure they’re missing him (compliment to the guys filling in).

Jonny McClelland is a junior captain and I can see why. He reads the game really well as a hybrid safety/linebacker. He is quick and tackles extremely well.

Also a shout out for sophomore Traten Poling who plays as a receiver and outside linebacker.

Even the JVs looked good. Moved the ball on offense and again we’re dominant on defense. Looked like some of the 9th graders were mixing with the JVs and only stood out b/c their numbers weren’t on the roster.

The schedule is tough - and front loaded. But if this team stays healthy I think they can really improve as the season goes on.

Return to “Football”