Could Parker be the next "Great SEO Hope" ?

mattash
Site Admin

Could Parker be the next "Great SEO Hope" ?

Post by mattash »

Only one more year of Burrow in college for us to rally behind .

Parker could be next and he is talking to the Buckeyes

/https://buff.ly/2IapNVq

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Could Parker be the next "Great SEO Hope" ?

Post by Omega »

Mr. Parker's chances of an OSU offer have improved with Ryan Day at the Buckeye helm. Day will not abandon a national recruiting strategy, but circumstances will dictate also having an Ohio strategy until he is more established.

Parker appears to have the talent, character, and work ethic to earn an offer from a D1 FBS school. If it is Ohio State, that would be great. Still there are other quality schools that will be seeking Mr. Parker's services. He is a fortunate young man who will have many options to obtain a college education, which it is all about.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mattash wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:41 pm Only one more year of Burrow in college for us to rally behind .

Parker could be next and he is talking to the Buckeyes

/https://buff.ly/2IapNVq
Sounds like it's not a matter of if he'll get an offer from someone it's which school will he choose. If he's getting a full ride and getting the education whichever school he goes to will be awesome for him and that's a good thing for the young man, not SEO Hope. These kids have to do what's best for them and getting that education is 1st and for most and they need to understand we're all behind them but they don't carry the weight of a region on their shoulders however. While I don't see the Buckeyes offering because I think he would've already seen that, I can easily see more MAC schools sending in offers. Whichever one he decides to take will be great for him, hope to a successful and injury free senior year for the young man. I know Trojans are losing a lot on the line and it'll be that much harder for him this coming season.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Just throwing it out there, but there just so happens to be a couple Penn State connections on the Portsmouth Coaching staff. Would love to travel to State College on Sat afternoons to watch another Trojan represent the Nittany Lions

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Pa Trojan wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:04 am Just throwing it out there, but there just so happens to be a couple Penn State connections on the Portsmouth Coaching staff. Would love to travel to State College on Sat afternoons to watch another Trojan represent the Nittany Lions
Did Nate Cadogan from Portsmouth ever have any success over there at Penn State? I want to say he graduated in 09 from Portsmouth?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I certainly hope so. especially as he bulks up some through ageing, training and nutrition.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:07 am
Pa Trojan wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:04 am Just throwing it out there, but there just so happens to be a couple Penn State connections on the Portsmouth Coaching staff. Would love to travel to State College on Sat afternoons to watch another Trojan represent the Nittany Lions
Did Nate Cadogan from Portsmouth ever have any success over there at Penn State? I want to say he graduated in 09 from Portsmouth?
he was a starter I think his whole career chief.
referring to cadogan.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:12 am
Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:07 am
referring to cadogan.
Thanks! I threw discus against him the SEOAL when it was a 10 team league. That was a large human being.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:43 am [quote="YOU'RE TIGER BAIT" post_id=<a href="tel:1752775">1752775</a> time=<a href="tel:1550157147">1550157147</a> user_id=212]
[quote=Chieftain2009 post_id=<a href="tel:1752759">1752759</a> time=<a href="tel:1550153277">1550153277</a> user_id=319]
[quote="Pa Trojan" post_id=<a href="tel:1752758">1752758</a> time=<a href="tel:1550153046">1550153046</a> user_id=13453]
Just throwing it out there, but there just so happens to be a couple Penn State connections on the Portsmouth Coaching staff. Would love to travel to State College on Sat afternoons to watch another Trojan represent the Nittany Lions
[/quote]

referring to cadogan.
[/quote]

Thanks! I threw discus against him the SEOAL when it was a 10 team league. That was a large human being.
[/quote]

Nate was only at Penn State for like 3 years. He caught a touchdown against Northwestern. He moved around a few times from OT to TE but he was never a starter. He ended up transferring to Hampton I believe his senior season. Gerald is the one who graduated from Penn State. He started on the line for several seasons.

Who Dey!
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

PTrojan59 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:37 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:43 am [quote="YOU'RE TIGER BAIT" post_id=<a href="tel:1752775">1752775</a> time=<a href="tel:1550157147">1550157147</a> user_id=212]
[quote=Chieftain2009 post_id=<a href="tel:1752759">1752759</a> time=<a href="tel:1550153277">1550153277</a> user_id=319]
[quote="Pa Trojan" post_id=<a href="tel:1752758">1752758</a> time=<a href="tel:1550153046">1550153046</a> user_id=13453]
referring to cadogan.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nate was only at Penn State for like 3 years. He caught a touchdown against Northwestern. He moved around a few times from OT to TE but he was never a starter. He ended up transferring to Hampton I believe his senior season. Gerald is the one who graduated from Penn State. He started on the line for several seasons.
[/quote]

Got it. I knew Nate went there, but never heard anything about him after that.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

He is a special talent for sure. Does he have his test score and GPA? I think that's the only thing that could stop him.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Tanner Holden at Wright State ! (granted, it's basketball)

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

burgfella69 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:43 am Tanner Holden at Wright State ! (granted, it's basketball)
Thread is about Talyn Parker.. but it doesn’t surprise me

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I hope that Talyn has an injury free, outstanding senior season and another playoff appearance......he has been fun to watch, and we won't see another one like him for quite a while at PHS. He would certainly look good in Scarlet and Gray.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I only wish the best for Parker. If he does go on to the next level, I hope someone takes the time to explain the importance in obtaining a degree. It will last him longer than any athletic achievement at any level.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Parker kid is something else. Best of luck where ever he goes but I would like to see him in an OSU uni

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Doubtful you will see him at Ohio St. but has MAC talent. Lack of offers at this point in time is telling. Toledo has offered and would be good level of competition for him.

Have gun, will travel
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Parker and Wilburn are D1 level. Could you imagine Parker at Ironton and Wilburn at Trimble. Both would walk to state titles

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Paladin wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:52 pm Doubtful you will see him at Ohio St. but has MAC talent. Lack of offers at this point in time is telling. Toledo has offered and would be good level of competition for him.
Lack of offers could also be there if he hasn't taken the ACT/SAT. Some schools could be waiting for results to see about grades and everything.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Not having taken college boards dos not stop offers. If they think he has talent for their level of competition,he’ll get offered, period.

If you look at film on him, the speed he has shows . It also shows he has good field vision and cuts well. But it also shows lack of strength in not being able to break tackles, lack of good balance and not much on other skills like pass catching or blocking. And, let’s face it, the competition level in SEO isn’t high.

Realize that stud underclassmen have already racked up offers, lots of offers. No college board grades yet doesn’t stop that.He is a good athlete, but no stud. He will get more MAC offers.

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”