Fort Frye adds WV State Champs to schedule

allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: Fort Frye adds WV State Champs to schedule

Post by allamericanironman »

Is fort Frye a new school I thought the Beverly kids went to warren local?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:44 pm Is fort Frye a new school I thought the Beverly kids went to warren local?
FF has been around for a long time. So has Waterford. Both schools are literally seperated by the Muskingum River with Warren a few miles south.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:44 pm Is fort Frye a new school I thought the Beverly kids went to warren local?
Maybe you are confusing Beverly and Barlow? Beverly had its own high school until Fort Frye district consolidated a few schools into FFHS no later than the mid-sixties.

allamericanironman
All Conference

enigmaax wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:53 am
Maybe you are confusing Beverly and Barlow? Beverly had its own high school until Fort Frye district consolidated a few schools into FFHS no later than the mid-sixties.
Ok here is the deal. the sign where you turn says Beverly. Or I think that it does. But Barlow is the other town. Had a family member that lived in Beverly but went to warren local.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:19 am
Ok here is the deal. the sign where you turn says Beverly. Or I think that it does. But Barlow is the other town. Had a family member that lived in Beverly but went to warren local.
They must have open enrolled or something. Beverly has never been part of the Warren district.

Beverly and Barlow are about 12 miles apart, connected by Rt. 339. Warren also has Bartlett in the district, which is a few miles out Rt. 550. Those two roads meet at the 4-way flashing stop in Barlow. Belpre is the other direction on 339 and there are lots of people who have a Belpre mailing address, but live in Warren district.

allamericanironman
All Conference

enigmaax wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:08 pm

They must have open enrolled or something. Beverly has never been part of the Warren district.

Beverly and Barlow are about 12 miles apart, connected by Rt. 339. Warren also has Bartlett in the district, which is a few miles out Rt. 550. Those two roads meet at the 4-way flashing stop in Barlow. Belpre is the other direction on 339 and there are lots of people who have a Belpre mailing address, but live in Warren district.
My goodness no wonder I’m confused all the towns sound alike. Warren has to cover a lot of area to be the size school they are.

Just watched the 1996 warren Jackson football game I was looking for the basketball game on youtube.

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

outerbanksjake wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:34 am Make no mistake WC will be good.
Even though losing their QB RB and All State Linebacker Shadyside will be as good as last season.

It really depends on what their incoming recruiting class looks like.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I see what you mean. The exit from Route 7/50 onto SR 339 is the Beverly exit, but Beverly is further down the road. Fort Frye has been a district since the late 50's, and before that Beverly had its own high school.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Almost Champions wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:05 am
outerbanksjake wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:34 am Make no mistake WC will be good.
Even though losing their QB RB and All State Linebacker Shadyside will be as good as last season.

It really depends on what their incoming recruiting class looks like.
Absolutely , always a factor for WCC. Their Jr hi teams have great difficulty in fielding teams .

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:57 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:20 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:40 pm Fort Frye will host Wheeling Central in Week 6. It’s a 2 year contract.

Cadets Schedule is loaded

Belpre
Nelsonville York
@waterford
@meadowbrook
@Monroe
Wheeling Central
@Barnesville
Caldwell
@Shenandoah
@Magnolia
NY will be down again and Waterford will be taking a nose dive back to normal. So, with all that FF returns one would think those would be wins. I can't see Caldwell improving enough to threaten them, and Belpre won't have enough. I don't know much about the rest of their schedule, but those I mentioned don't constitute the "loaded" label. :mrgreen:
When your D6 and you add 3 playoff teams one which won state and Nelsonville York your schedule is loaded. 9 of 10 teams will be .500 or better. So yea the schedule is loaded.
Those were playoff teams last season. Waterford won't be next season and as I stated NY will be down. So, it may be loaded but not because those two are on it. Of course this is JMO. I'm guessing we can still voice those on here. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ground Buck wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:35 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:57 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:20 pm

NY will be down again and Waterford will be taking a nose dive back to normal. So, with all that FF returns one would think those would be wins. I can't see Caldwell improving enough to threaten them, and Belpre won't have enough. I don't know much about the rest of their schedule, but those I mentioned don't constitute the "loaded" label. :mrgreen:
When your D6 and you add 3 playoff teams one which won state and Nelsonville York your schedule is loaded. 9 of 10 teams will be .500 or better. So yea the schedule is loaded.
Those were playoff teams last season. Waterford won't be next season and as I stated NY will be down. So, it may be loaded but not because those two are on it. Of course this is JMO. I'm guessing we can still voice those on here. :mrgreen:

Waterford will still be a playoff team. Nelsonville has good players so I guess we will see.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Buckeyes won't be "down" lol
We bring back a pretty experienced group. They should make the playoffs next year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Ill take talent over experience anyday just dont c much talent on Friday night s this fall

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:32 pm The Buckeyes won't be "down" lol
We bring back a pretty experienced group. They should make the playoffs next year.
Playoffs? I sure hope you're right, but just can't see it happening. I'm hopeful for a winning record, but playoffs? You must know something I don't. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Barber1973 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:58 am Ill take talent over experience anyday just dont c much talent on Friday night s this fall
Have a little faith.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:53 pm
Barber1973 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:58 am Ill take talent over experience anyday just dont c much talent on Friday night s this fall
Have a little faith.
I do have a lot of faith in our program. It's one of the most successful programs in this part of the state, and our players give their best every year. But I'm not one of those who goes into every season claiming we're going to win the league and make the playoffs. We were 4-6 last year so I'm not going to pretend that we're loaded coming into next year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Have a little faith.
It’s hard to count NY out in football. History shows the Buckeyes bounce back after “down” seasons. Ny vs. FF will be one heck of a game this year. Both teams should have playoffs as their expectation this fall.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:59 pm
Have a little faith.
I do have a lot of faith in our program. It's one of the most successful programs in this part of the state, and our players give their best every year. But I'm not one of those who goes into every season claiming we're going to win the league and make the playoffs. We were 4-6 last year so I'm not going to pretend that we're loaded coming into next year.
No one says we are "loaded", we have some weapons and we have kids who have some experience now. No one is trying to put the cart before the horse just yet but we will be better than last year on both sides of the ball.
We weren't strong enough last year. We weren't physical and the kids got the message. They know what they need to do and they are doing it.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Have a little faith.
No one says we are "loaded", we have some weapons and we have kids who have some experience now. No one is trying to put the cart before the horse just yet but we will be better than last year on both sides of the ball.
We weren't strong enough last year. We weren't physical and the kids got the message. They know what they need to do and they are doing it.
Strong and physical is one thing Fort Frye will be for sure. They are loaded at Wr but QB is really young.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Have a little faith.
Other than the fact we're losing our only real good lineman I agree with you. The Fort will be a tough test though, so kudos to coach Richards for beefing up the schedule.

Return to “Football”