Minford Football 2019

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Minford Football 2019

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:46 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:44 am
vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:51 pm I have no idea why they’d schedule 3-teams from the same conference. Seems cannibalistic to me b/c these teams will be beating each other so it’ll limit their points and experience. Although, I think Fairland is the Jamboree game. Let’s hope so bc that schedule makes absolutely no sense.

Why not get a Chillicothe, Athens, Hillsboro, Jackson or even a TVC or an SVC team on there instead?
Exactly, if anything pickup the Trojans from that conference as they'll like hang with any of them except ironton and they have a fighting chance vs gallia, nice way to pickup some points if you can pull off the victory vs Portsmouth. Minford will never go out and get any of those teams you mentioned, I can see them grab a TVC or SVC opponent though. Probably lean more towards the SVC side of it Piketon is working their way back up the rankings I believe and I'm not sure if they've ever played Minford or not. Adena, Unioto, and PV are probably your most consistent in terms of winning year in and year out at least on their down years they're pulling in 5 wins typically. Southeastern I'd stay away from with Ruby graduating and seeing some of the junior high they could be falling on hard times soon, unless they're really able to keep improving as they get older.
I think Greenup Co., is going to have to make the trip to Minford in 2020.

Lucasville Valley has Circleville on their schedule for crying out loud, and if Minford won't entertain scheduling a D3 school like Jackson, Hillsboro, Chilli, or Athens then it's going to be the same old story come league play as it's been in the past. All 3-of those schools had down years this year.

Minford and Piketon did have a long standing series back in the 80s and 90s and revisited it back in 2006-2013.
What 3 teams had down years, Unioto, Adena and PV??? PV and Adena finished 2 and 3 in the region and probably would've given Minford all they wanted. Unioto 6-4 on the season but depending on which team showed up, probably another team that gives Minford a good game. We all know Minford is in no way shape or form even thinking about calling any of those 4 schools you've got listed. Hillsboro, maybe but they're back to where they typically range .500 team last year was just a good year for them. Well with Valley they're not currently in the some spot as Minford because the window for Minford I'm guessing is this and next year in terms of trying to compete for SOC title and getting out of the 1st round. Because in about 2 years SOC title may run through West if they can all stick together with what they have coming up. Extremely talented group of 8th graders and they were quite young this year.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:44 pm
vladimir wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:46 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:44 am

Exactly, if anything pickup the Trojans from that conference as they'll like hang with any of them except ironton and they have a fighting chance vs gallia, nice way to pickup some points if you can pull off the victory vs Portsmouth. Minford will never go out and get any of those teams you mentioned, I can see them grab a TVC or SVC opponent though. Probably lean more towards the SVC side of it Piketon is working their way back up the rankings I believe and I'm not sure if they've ever played Minford or not. Adena, Unioto, and PV are probably your most consistent in terms of winning year in and year out at least on their down years they're pulling in 5 wins typically. Southeastern I'd stay away from with Ruby graduating and seeing some of the junior high they could be falling on hard times soon, unless they're really able to keep improving as they get older.
I think Greenup Co., is going to have to make the trip to Minford in 2020.

Lucasville Valley has Circleville on their schedule for crying out loud, and if Minford won't entertain scheduling a D3 school like Jackson, Hillsboro, Chilli, or Athens then it's going to be the same old story come league play as it's been in the past. All 3-of those schools had down years this year.

Minford and Piketon did have a long standing series back in the 80s and 90s and revisited it back in 2006-2013.
What 3 teams had down years, Unioto, Adena and PV??? PV and Adena finished 2 and 3 in the region and probably would've given Minford all they wanted. Unioto 6-4 on the season but depending on which team showed up, probably another team that gives Minford a good game. We all know Minford is in no way shape or form even thinking about calling any of those 4 schools you've got listed. Hillsboro, maybe but they're back to where they typically range .500 team last year was just a good year for them. Well with Valley they're not currently in the some spot as Minford because the window for Minford I'm guessing is this and next year in terms of trying to compete for SOC title and getting out of the 1st round. Because in about 2 years SOC title may run through West if they can all stick together with what they have coming up. Extremely talented group of 8th graders and they were quite young this year.
Hillsboro, Chillicothe, and Athens

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

^^^I just think school size alone will keep them away from Chillicothe and Athens, maybe they would entertain the thought of Hillsboro which isn't a bad matchup for them.

Return to “Football”