ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton Reid Carrico getting D1 Looks / Offers

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

what an excellent article. I'm not exactly sure who the reporter is. but it sounds like a great analysis of a hard worker. hardwired for trying to achieve perfection in his game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Notre Dame made an Offer today after watching him work out.

https://www.ndinsider.com/recruiting/of ... d8952.html

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I saw that on his facebook page. the cool thing is when the Athlon and lindy's college books come out, his name is going to be in there in the future signing classes. they have a section devoted to the highest rated this year. and then the following couple of years. he should be near the top of that one.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Is he being recruited for offense or defense

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Tartanblue wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:46 pm Is he being recruited for offense or defense
Defense.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:49 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 am offensively he puts me in the mind of larry csonka from the Miami dolphins. and defensively he reminds me of joey bosa. great write-ups, and fantastic video work.
Let's not get too carried away bait. LOL An NFL great and a Great college player? Carrico has the tools you can't coach size and speed, but wherever he signs, he's going to be going against guys just like him. That's when you're going to find out if he's truly got it.

Size and speed will get you in the door, although I think Portsmouth had a kid about 10 years ago, Antonio Malone, I think played some NFL as a DB and he wasn't that big but was very quick.
Yeah, I mean right now the safest prediction one can make for how he’ll fare in college would be similar to the Ohio State career of Washington Court House’s Nathan Williams — and that is assuming he’ll be healthy enough (always an issue for any player) to make it to those lengths and heights. You just can’t see six-to-seven years in the future when it comes to projecting a minor to the NFL.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:00 pm
Tartanblue wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:46 pm Is he being recruited for offense or defense
Defense.
just remember, he has 2 full seasons left to play. at present it seems like the interest is more defensively. but a lot can change in 2 years. he may at some point be recruited as a back. and there are those situations few and far between where players play both sides of the ball. if he is recruited for defense, I look for him to be a stud at special teams as well. the big thing for this young man right now is not to be overwhelmed seeing his name in lights. to keep his nose to the grindstone, and just stay grounded and humble. and pack on muscle weight and speed for the next level. and be an ultimate team player.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

5-29-19 Ole Miss made an Offer today

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I just saw that on facebook. easily the most decorated recruit in these parts for decades if not ever.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:59 am I just saw that on facebook. easily the most decorated recruit in these parts for decades if not ever.
I wouldn't say most for decades, not taking anything away from the kid, especially since the area is not a hot bed for D1 schools but the last few years have had some kids getting major looks. But the last few years the area has had the privilege to see young men like Pendleton (MSU), Scott(WVU), Gerald(OSU), Madden(Marshall), Holden(choose basketball), and now Carrico and Parker are getting offers. But I would wait to classify him as most decorated yet.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

This is great!! Hope this young man nothing but the best. I like seeing anybody from southern Ohio getting looked at early. Haven’t seen a player with this many offers from big time D-I schools since early 2000’s and those players were from Ironton and Portsmouth from mid 80’s, 90’s early 2000’s sorry if I forgot about anybody else, I know some has got offers from couple school or little school but not a list like this.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

The reason more players don’t get offered from southern Ohio is the kid beats the parents home. Can’t handle being away from mommy or girlfriend, homesick, can’t handle conditioning and weights because they didn’t do the hard work where they are from, be the stud on high school team but now every player was the stud!! College is a bigger difference than high school out of 5 star players only 2 will make it. So that tells about the rest

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

14U wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:16 pm The reason more players don’t get offered from southern Ohio is the kid beats the parents home. Can’t handle being away from mommy or girlfriend, homesick, can’t handle conditioning and weights because they didn’t do the hard work where they are from, be the stud on high school team but now every player was the stud!! College is a bigger difference than high school out of 5 star players only 2 will make it. So that tells about the rest
Thats because they are built up as hall of famers in small towns and haven’t had true adversity against players like them. Look at the title of this thread. Carrico is truly a D1 player but he isn’t even in college yet. In these parts we are so excited about a player like him, we kind of give them the royal treatment which may not be the best of preparing them for bigger competition. At least that’s my thoughts.

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

I would say this young man is getting the deserved looks is because he has a coach that has the contacts that is helping to make it happen which is awesome!!! Very impressed with this young man and best wishes to him😊

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Tartanblue wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:29 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:59 am I just saw that on facebook. easily the most decorated recruit in these parts for decades if not ever.
I wouldn't say most for decades, not taking anything away from the kid, especially since the area is not a hot bed for D1 schools but the last few years have had some kids getting major looks. But the last few years the area has had the privilege to see young men like Pendleton (MSU), Scott(WVU), Gerald(OSU), Madden(Marshall), Holden(choose basketball), and now Carrico and Parker are getting offers. But I would wait to classify him as most decorated yet.
blue that might not have been the best choice of words. and for that I apologize. I should have said the most coveted, or most recruited in decades. bear in mind he has 2 years left to play. and I meant no malice taking anything away from any other player who made it. I was talking about the most recruited player. and used a poor choice of words. and I wish parker nothing but the best as well. and I hope he gets a full ride from somewhere that is great fit for him.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wobycat wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:35 pm
14U wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:16 pm The reason more players don’t get offered from southern Ohio is the kid beats the parents home. Can’t handle being away from mommy or girlfriend, homesick, can’t handle conditioning and weights because they didn’t do the hard work where they are from, be the stud on high school team but now every player was the stud!! College is a bigger difference than high school out of 5 star players only 2 will make it. So that tells about the rest
Thats because they are built up as hall of famers in small towns and haven’t had true adversity against players like them. Look at the title of this thread. Carrico is truly a D1 player but he isn’t even in college yet. In these parts we are so excited about a player like him, we kind of give them the royal treatment which may not be the best of preparing them for bigger competition. At least that’s my thoughts.
woby, truer words could not be said than this. we get so jacked up when we hear a local guy getting a bunch of attention. we want them all to exceed and excel. and instantly become fans of them if they are local.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Burgball#1 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:50 pm I would say this young man is getting the deserved looks is because he has a coach that has the contacts that is helping to make it happen which is awesome!!! Very impressed with this young man and best wishes to him😊
thank you burg, that's the kind of posts I enjoy by rivals. I'd feel the same if it were a pirate.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Offer from Northwestern (4 June 19)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes I saw that, awesome offers.

Return to “Football”