WK1: Buckeye Trail @ Caldwell (Thursday Game)

wagner97
Freshman Team

WK1: Buckeye Trail @ Caldwell (Thursday Game)

Post by wagner97 »

Week one meeting between two old (former PVC) rivals. On a Thursday night so it should get a nice gate. I think its the "Fair Game" also, so that's always an extra shot of excitement.

Both teams lost a lot from last year. Trail has to replace an all-state QB and some solid skill guys on both offense and defense, Caldwell lost a lot of the lines. Who ya got?

Early line: Trail -6.5

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK1: Buckeye Trail @ Caldwell (Thursday Game)

Post by EasternDspy »

I like Trail coach. I’ll take BT.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

B T to win .

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Caldwell’s quarterback Devold transferred to Shenandoah. Word is they’re going to start a freshmen QB which is always tough to do. They lost almost all of their offensive and defensive lines from last year. The Moore kid is a good running back but not sure what else they have. An assistant coach told me that there’s less than 20 kids out and only 2-3 seniors. He did say they were playing a pretty weak schedule. Sounds like it might be a tough year at the fairgrounds.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Caldwell fill up their stadium? I stopped by there before coming home from the hall of fame and it is massive for D7.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Reynoldsburg67
Waterboy

Post by Reynoldsburg67 »

I like Trail coach and coaches also Kerns works hard and is always at least positive.

RespectAllFearNone
Freshman Team

Post by RespectAllFearNone »

Does Caldwell have anyone solid on the roster this year?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Going to start a ton of freshman probably a freshman QB Dudley. Wyatt Parks and Caden Moore will be the featured backs. Freshman Jonah Croucher , Tate Leasure and Marshall Sayre should all get action. They’ll be down in my opinion they are really young.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I had this game on my short list but then I took Friday off of work and decide on going to Defiance, for the first time.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:52 am Going to start a ton of freshman probably a freshman QB Dudley. Wyatt Parks and Caden Moore will be the featured backs. Freshman Jonah Croucher , Tate Leasure and Marshall Sayre should all get action. They’ll be down in my opinion they are really young.
Several of our football kids also play hoops for me. Reading through this at lunch and wanted to point out that Croucher and Leasure will be juniors, Jonah is athletic and fast for a D Lineman, I’m fairly certain Tate hasn’t played since junior high. The Sayre boy is a nice athlete and freshmen QB Dudley can be a special athlete before his time is up. Caden Moore is a really good running back and linebacker, Bradley Michael is a three year starter on the OLine and junior Dawson Moore was really good defensively last year. From what Whyatt has told me he will be playing WR. I’d expect Brandon Piskula, TJ Wehr, Waylon Clark and Xavier Hannahs to be solid contributors as well. Barring injuries depleting depth they’ll be better than some on here seem to think. Excited for some football to get started.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Braxton Dudley freshman QB went to the National QB Duel camp and finished top 5 for his grade. I figure he will be a 4 year starter.

Return to “Football”