D6 Region 23

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Re: D6 Region 23

Post by Happy McGavin »

Trimble will probably be better this year than last year and a chance to beat NY twice in one season seems fun to me

Its all in the hips
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:13 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:24 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:20 pm Trimble will not be able to make a deep run in D6. They won't make it to Canton.
Just because NY got embarrassed at state doesn’t mean Trimble will. They have everything back from a state finals team. With Kirkland moving to D5. Mogadore should win the NE region
Trimble doesn’t have everything back.
Yes they do plus their really good class are freshmen. Ironton and Trimble are the two best teams in all of SEO for 2019

Trump2020
Riding the Bench

Post by Trump2020 »

We will do what we do. If that gets us beat, so be it. These kids will not lay down for anyone. You beat us, you will earn it!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

tomcat82 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:02 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:20 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:12 pm Trimble will be the heavy favorite. Weird to see maybe a Trimble vs Coldwater State Final. Coldwater used to play Mooney, Steubenville, and Kettering Alter
Trimble will not be able to make a deep run in D6. They won't make it to Canton.
Why are you always so negative on Trimble? I do not see anyone on here being negative on NY... You should want anyone in our surrounding area to make to Canton.
I rarely post anything on here about Trimble. Just because my opinion doesn't agree with yours, it doesn't make it negative. I'm always happy when the Tomcats have success in any sport.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:13 pm First of all, you dont know what 23 looks like yet.
2nd, 23 may be tougher (or was), but when you're beating teams in 27 by 50+ pts, you're probably as good as those teams in 23.
3rd, Lucas & Prep were very good football teams last year, so was Cuyahoga Heights, I dont think Fort Frye or Paint Valley strikes fear in the hearts of Tomcats or their fan base
4th, they do have almost everything back.
Trimble will be great, but saying Paint Valley and Fort Frye in the same sentence destroys all your credibility.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

With Trimble returning almost everybody I think its easy to say they are the favorite to win the region. Also I think it would be foolish to say that region 23 isn’t much tougher then region 27. Fort Frye will be good. In our neck of the woods, NY should be much much improved while returning a whole bunch also. I also think something to be considered and I could be very wrong on this but with Trimble now being in 6, it will hurt them points wise in the long run regardless of record. I look at East Knox in region 23 for example that gets hurt playing Division 7 schools. In reality though a lot will change from now till week 11, for every team in the area so it’s hard to tell what the heck is going to happen. Excited to see Trimble, Fort and NY all in one region should be fun.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Keep in mind region 27 will add Newark Catholic, Shadyside and Central Catholic. It's not going to be an easy region despite the loss of Trimble.

Harvest Prep, Danville, Newark Catholic, Shadyside, Central Catholic ... Hannibal River can sometimes have good teams, Caldwell, same with Symmes Valley, Waterford - and I look for Eastern to be solid in 2019.
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

efarns wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:05 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:13 pm First of all, you dont know what 23 looks like yet.
2nd, 23 may be tougher (or was), but when you're beating teams in 27 by 50+ pts, you're probably as good as those teams in 23.
3rd, Lucas & Prep were very good football teams last year, so was Cuyahoga Heights, I dont think Fort Frye or Paint Valley strikes fear in the hearts of Tomcats or their fan base
4th, they do have almost everything back.
Trimble will be great, but saying Paint Valley and Fort Frye in the same sentence destroys all your credibility.
I only mentioned P..V. because they were the No. 1 seed in 23 last year. But I stand by my statement. Some good teams in the region, but I'm confident Trimble can hang with any of them.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:06 pm Keep in mind region 27 will add Newark Catholic, Shadyside and Central Catholic. It's not going to be an easy region despite the loss of Trimble.

Harvest Prep, Danville, Newark Catholic, Shadyside, Central Catholic ... Hannibal River can sometimes have good teams, Caldwell, same with Symmes Valley, Waterford - and I look for Eastern to be solid in 2019.
Who? Are you referring to the school in New Philadelphia or Steubenville? Are we sure they’re going to be in 27?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:01 pm With Trimble returning almost everybody I think its easy to say they are the favorite to win the region. Also I think it would be foolish to say that region 23 isn’t much tougher then region 27. Fort Frye will be good. In our neck of the woods, NY should be much much improved while returning a whole bunch also. I also think something to be considered and I could be very wrong on this but with Trimble now being in 6, it will hurt them points wise in the long run regardless of record. I look at East Knox in region 23 for example that gets hurt playing Division 7 schools. In reality though a lot will change from now till week 11, for every team in the area so it’s hard to tell what the heck is going to happen. Excited to see Trimble, Fort and NY all in one region should be fun.
East Knox missed playoffs in large part because their out-of-conference opponents went 3-27.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Steubenville Central Catholic dropped from D6 to D7.
They were in 27 before making the jump to D6, not sure why they wouldn't be back in it.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:46 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:01 pm With Trimble returning almost everybody I think its easy to say they are the favorite to win the region. Also I think it would be foolish to say that region 23 isn’t much tougher then region 27. Fort Frye will be good. In our neck of the woods, NY should be much much improved while returning a whole bunch also. I also think something to be considered and I could be very wrong on this but with Trimble now being in 6, it will hurt them points wise in the long run regardless of record. I look at East Knox in region 23 for example that gets hurt playing Division 7 schools. In reality though a lot will change from now till week 11, for every team in the area so it’s hard to tell what the heck is going to happen. Excited to see Trimble, Fort and NY all in one region should be fun.
East Knox missed playoffs in large part because their out-of-conference opponents went 3-27.
That I did not know.. I suppose that would do it lol

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:57 pm Steubenville Central Catholic dropped from D6 to D7.
They were in 27 before making the jump to D6, not sure why they wouldn't be back in it.
Jefferson County has been on the cusp of the 21/25 and 23/27 region splits for D6 and D7. Toronto for instance was in D7 R25. Also worth mentioning that SCC and its football program has been in some upheaval this offseason with the school sh—canning its well-liked and successful football coach. Plus low numbers.

It’s possible that Lucas is in R27 again this year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has a series with Nelsonville starting this season and series with Trimble starting next year.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:36 pm

Fort Frye has a series with Nelsonville starting this season and series with Trimble starting next year.
I am excited for that series to start. Like I said NY will be much better but I think Fort Frye and Trimble both have the upper hand right now but it’s only June. Is that Trimble series a two year series as well?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:39 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:36 pm

I am excited for that series to start. Like I said NY will be much better but I think Fort Frye and Trimble both have the upper hand right now but it’s only June. Is that Trimble series a two year series as well?
Fort will have most of the defense back and a ton back on offense. They have a ton of young freshman and sophomores that will be really good. Fort is getting so many kids in the weight room. They have a sophomore first year starting QB that I think will be really good but he will have some growing pains I’m sure. I expect him to become a standout sooner rather then later.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:46 pm
Still, as the original poster said, in the long run points could be an issue. Trimble would not have made the playoffs in Region 21/23 two out of the last four years, although they were never worse than #5 in Region 25/27.

2018 - #3 in R27 would've been #6 in R23 (Record: 9-1); Only top 4 in R27 would've made it in R23
2017 - #5 in R27; would've been OUT in R23 (8-2); Top 4 in R27 would've made it in R23
2016 - #4 in R27; would've been #8 in R23 (8-2); Top 4 in R27 would've made it in R23
2015 - #3 in R25; would'be been OUT in R21 (8-2); Top 2 in R25 would've made it in R21

It's been consistent since the two additional regions were added that the Top 4 R27 ratings equate to a Top 8 in R23. If Trimble goes 10-0, they have nothing to worry about. But 1 loss can be the difference between hosting and going on the road and 2 losses would not be an automatic berth like it would be in R27.

Good and bad? They will probably roll through the TVC for a few years; that is 7-8 almost guaranteed wins, but those are pretty much all D7 points and that is the problem. If they happen to lose to the two non-conference opponents (or three, once Wahama is gone), it could be tough to make it. The game with Fort Frye in two years will be huge for Trimble because a win, coupled with their normal success would probably seal the deal for them. The movement of other schools could impact this, but there has definitely (unsurprisingly) been a difference in the point scale between the regions.

Side note - for any of the oldies here. The Fort Frye-Trimble game reminds me of the early 80s when Caldwell and Belpre were both top notch local programs and they opened against each other for a few years in a row. Of course, it was much more difficult to make the playoffs back then with only 2 teams per region. In 84, Belpre made the playoffs and Caldwell finished #4 (smaller division). In 85, Caldwell made the playoffs and Belpre was #9 in the same region.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Enigmaxx

The No. 6, 7 & 8 seeds (from 2017) are no longer in D6, so in theory, Trimble would have most likely been in. You have to take into consideration what teams will actually be in 23 this year.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:09 am Enigmaxx

The No. 6, 7 & 8 seeds (from 2017) are no longer in D6, so in theory, Trimble would have most likely been in. You have to take into consideration what teams will actually be in 23 this year.
Agree, thats why I said movement of other teams could have an impact. That could go both ways though. On the surface, it is a disadvantage to play almost entirely D7 schools when trying to match points with D6 teams who might not.

Another thing, the Hocking is set up with guaranteed points due to the number of teams. That is a good thing when they’re all D7. It becomes less important when the top school is “bigger” than all the others and once Wahama leaves, just that one less team creates a new variable that can greatly affect point potential. For example, if everyone loses that extra non-league game, it could cost Trimble over a whole point on their average.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Agreed!

But not playing Wahama opens the door for Trimble to schedule a team like Meigs perhaps. A bigger school with more potential playoff points than Wahama. But yes, as a whole, the 9 team league was a playoff point machine for the Hocking (in D7)

Return to “Football”