SEOPS HOF

Re: 2019 River Valley Raiders

Post by Raider6309 »

How much does River Valley return from last year

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

I think they'll be improved from last year. Could make a run in a few years if what I'm hearing is accurate.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Raiders will hopefully improve this season. This senior class has been put out there with praise for 3 years now, after going 6-4 as Freshman with plenty of playing time. However, after 3-7 and 1-9 seasons, their Senior year is big for them.

Also, the Raiders have a large Freshman class coming in as well.

Raiders return most of their skill players, Jordan Burns, Cole Young, Jared Reese, Colton Gilmore
Also return several on line and LBs, Darian Peck, Cole Thaxton, Will Hash, Jacob McGhee

I look for an improvement in Year 2 under Coach Jason Peck.
I dont know how many wins that in tales, but the Raiders will be improved.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Wish the team the best ! Hard work pays off in the off season !

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Here is the Raiders 2019 Schedule.

River Valley

Week 1 at Coal Grove
Week 2 Gallipolis
Week 3 at Portsmouth
Week 4 at Nelsonville York
Week 5 Meigs
Week 6 at Wellston
Week 7 Alexander
Week 8 at Vinton County
Week 9 Athens
Week 10 South Gallia

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:33 pm Here is the Raiders 2019 Schedule.

River Valley

Week 1 at Coal Grove
Week 2 Gallipolis
Week 3 at Portsmouth
Week 4 at Nelsonville York
Week 5 Meigs
Week 6 at Wellston
Week 7 Alexander
Week 8 at Vinton County
Week 9 Athens
Week 10 South Gallia
Brutal schedule. Maybe 1-9 to 3-7. Not sure about CG this year so maybe that might be a win. I don't see a win in weeks 2-6. Alex could be a toss up and of course a win week 10.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

RV GA series may turn into the next Jackson Wellston series. Big gate, but one sided.

1STUNNA
Waterboy

Post by 1STUNNA »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:16 am RV GA series may turn into the next Jackson Wellston series. Big gate, but one sided.

Series is over after this year anyways. Before anyone jumps on and says, "No its Not," it is. RV athletic director is saying that GA is recruiting players from their school so they are honoring the varsity game this year, unlike the junior high game where they are refusing to play.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

1STUNNA wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:05 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:16 am RV GA series may turn into the next Jackson Wellston series. Big gate, but one sided.

Series is over after this year anyways. Before anyone jumps on and says, "No its Not," it is. RV athletic director is saying that GA is recruiting players from their school so they are honoring the varsity game this year, unlike the junior high game where they are refusing to play.
RV has been saying that for years now and that will never change. I don't know why anyone in Gallipolis would want to play this game going forward anyway unless you just want an easy win. Yes I know the gate is nice to have but you had Jackson on the schedule and it was a big gate too until you dropped them. I don't see this game back on the schedule in the near future unless Penrod changes his mind.

As for the junior high game go schedule somebody that will give you some competition.

morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

Expect a very different exciting RV offense this year. I’m hearing that there not gonna just run the double wing this fall and will take advantage of there athletes

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

morganjones wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:32 pm Expect a very different exciting RV offense this year. I’m hearing that there not gonna just run the double wing this fall and will take advantage of there athletes
Did they bring in a new OC?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Shane Falco wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:08 pm
1STUNNA wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:05 am

RV has been saying that for years now and that will never change. I don't know why anyone in Gallipolis would want to play this game going forward anyway unless you just want an easy win. Yes I know the gate is nice to have but you had Jackson on the schedule and it was a big gate too until you dropped them. I don't see this game back on the schedule in the near future unless Penrod changes his mind.

As for the junior high game go schedule somebody that will give you some competition.

People have got to get over this! It is best for both schools if they are not on each others schedules!

As for the recruiting side of things, whether it is happening or happened or not (and YES it is), people have got to get over that too. It's been happening for years and will continue to even if this series is not played. Both schools just need to go separate ways.

I will say, this latest round of "recruiting" is I believe centered more toward GA and South Gallia.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

I’m not sure what you call recruiting? I know 1 football player who moved from RV to Gallia in the last few years. I don’t think Penrod would recruit kids, he’s a well respected man. Come on now don’t make up excuses.

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

I feel for you RV. Gallia steals just about as many players as Jackson.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

NoPain23 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:34 pm I’m not sure what you call recruiting? I know 1 football player who moved from RV to Gallia in the last few years. I don’t think Penrod would recruit kids, he’s a well respected man. Come on now don’t make up excuses.
NoPain23.....

I tried to use "recruiting" with the quotes. I have no idea if the "recruiting" is true and actually happening. I hope it is not.

As for the background of all this.....RV has been losing kids to GA since the beginning of RV in 1992. But, that happens everywhere. So not making excuses. I have dealt with this as a RV student and fan since the beginning. Sometimes, seeing kids in Black and Silver through Junior high, and then in Blue and White for the rest of school is a little frustrating. Or even seeing some in Black and White through their Sophomore year and then Blue and White through the rest of school is also frustrating.

However, with all that said, and as I stated earlier, we need to move on from this "rivalry" and both schools need to stay away and go on away from each other.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

All of you guys talking about recruiting on this thread. Crack me up. Not that there aren’t kids that start at river valley and graduate Gallia Academy there are plenty.

But it hasn’t been but like 2 years that everyone said Gallia Academy sucked because they ran off all there good players.

People were saying the starting quarterback at south Gallia at time was ran off from Gallia Academy. And how there were kids that they lost to fairland and river valley and Meigs.

I know you may want to go on test scores or this and that. But a lot of people leave the county schools. Because of the education. My daughter wanted to transfer from Gallia to river valley with some of her friends because all her friends that had transferred talked about how much easier the county schools were.

I am a county school graduate. Very proud of that. And I am a person who as a kid attended rio elementary. Gallia Academy junior high and freshman year before my parents moved. County school was much easier then.

I have no idea if there is a difference now but there is a real talk about it being so. I can tell you a lot of kids have migrated. Both ways. To either get a better education or slide by easier. It may just be people’s impression. But it is definitely there.

When I got married and we moved to Gallia county again we purposely moved to city school district for that reason. Is it really that much better I don’t know.. but I think the thought of education should be put into all these equations.

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

Henry and Campbell didn’t transfer due to academics but to the supposed “30 carries per game” that neither received. Recruiting is dirty and disgusting, but it happens all the time and no way to stop it.

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:23 pm Looking toward the 2019 season.
I’m excited to watch the Raiders play this year! Should have good season with such a loaded SR class! Cole Young and company should make a dynamic team! Expecting big things from the Raiders and Jason Peck in year 2!
Prediction: 8 wins and a playoff birth

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Good luck to The Raiders in all but one game.

Return to “Football”