2019 River Valley Raiders

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Re: 2019 River Valley Raiders

Post by NoPain23 »

Don’t think either were promised anything, more like you are still butt hurt over the situation. I think Henry moved to be on a half way decent basketball team, that had nothing to do with getting recruited. Campbell moved because of family purposes and you can’t control that being a teenager. I promise you Campbell didn’t want to move but I’m sure if you ask him it was better academically and athletically.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Since we have gone from RV 2019 to "recruiting" to the city schools are better on the education side of things....I will say this and then get back to the FOOTBALL side of things.

I am a RV graduate Class of 1997. Very proud of that.

Currently, my son is in the 3rd grade in the county schools. He will receive just as good of an education as the kids in the city schools will PERIOD.

Now, as for the Football side of things! :D

The Raiders will definitely be improved in Year 2 under Coach Peck. This big and experienced Senior class should help the roster. They have had some changes on the coaching staff, so I am interested to see any changes in style/play. A large Freshman class should improve the look of the Raiders future as well!

I am very excited for Football and Raider Football! Come on August 30!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Are GA people really banging their chests about being better than RV and SG? All hail the King’s of Gallia County. That’s like being the best looking cousin at the family reunion.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I don't think that anyone is "banging their chests"

Todd McShay
Waterboy

Post by Todd McShay »

0-10 won’t even beat SG...With that Coaching Staff it’s a joke

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Ready for this season of Raider Football! 35 more days! 5 weeks!

As always, Eric Whitt and Carl DeWitt will bring you Raider Football each and every Friday night live on RV Football Broadcasting!

www.mixlr.com/river-valley-football-broadcasting

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

24 days away Raider fans!!

Jamboree game on August 23 at Rock Hill.

GO RAIDERS!!!!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Scrimmage tomorrow night (Thursday Aug 15) at Symmes Valley.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Scrimmage last night between River Valley and Symmes Valley.

I thought a good scrimmage for both teams. Impressed with RV defense, especially Cole Young hitting hard. Hess, Bowman and Hash with nice plays on defense as well.
Both teams moved the ball pretty well early, but stalled out at the end.
Good to just see live competition on the field.

I believe it was 2-1 Symmes Valley during the Varsity time.

Also very impressed with the JV for River Valley. Defense was hitting hard!

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

By no means am I downing the Raiders from the scrimmage but how much do you get from this? You played a D7 team that last year went 4-6 & it was tight. If RV wants to have a better season then the past 2 years they will have to improve a lot from this.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

River Valley and Point Pleasant scrimmaged on Monday night.

Good live action for both teams.

Good opportunity to line up against a very good opponent for the Raiders.

I believe it was 2-2.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:32 pm
NoPain23 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:34 pm I’m not sure what you call recruiting? I know 1 football player who moved from RV to Gallia in the last few years. I don’t think Penrod would recruit kids, he’s a well respected man. Come on now don’t make up excuses.
NoPain23.....

I tried to use "recruiting" with the quotes. I have no idea if the "recruiting" is true and actually happening. I hope it is not.

As for the background of all this.....RV has been losing kids to GA since the beginning of RV in 1992. But, that happens everywhere. So not making excuses. I have dealt with this as a RV student and fan since the beginning. Sometimes, seeing kids in Black and Silver through Junior high, and then in Blue and White for the rest of school is a little frustrating. Or even seeing some in Black and White through their Sophomore year and then Blue and White through the rest of school is also frustrating.

However, with all that said, and as I stated earlier, we need to move on from this "rivalry" and both schools need to stay away and go on away from each other.
Good post. A lot of what used to be competetive "rivalry" games have become non existent over the past 30-50 years with consolidations and such and the movement of families to the schools with newer facilities, schools, bigger tax bases, easier access and a perceived notion that the grass is greener on the other side. The Jackson-Wellston and Gallipolis-RV games are just 2 examples and IMO the Gallipolis/RV situation was doomed from the start in 1992 and was never really a rivalry. I haven't lived in SEO for 30 years but from afar I've watched many changes take place down there with many schools with most not for the better athletically. I admire old school districts like Trimble , Ironton, Eastern, Southern, Fort Frye and Waterford that stay competitive year after year athletically in their divisions even though the odds should be against them but that shows how much community and pride trumps new, bigger and better in these locales. I understand the Athens, Gallipolis, Jackson and Wheelersburg advantages in SEO and their respective conferences and that's all well and good and It's a free society here in America but morales, ethics and pride in community seem to be lost forever in the big scheme of things. I guess the Al Davis motto of " Just win baby" is more prevelant now than ever.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

It's a shame RV dropped Eastern just when we would have started being more competitive with them. Last year would have been a close game and this year I think Eastern would have handled them. I'm sure they saw that coming and dumped us. :roll:

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:43 pm It's a shame RV dropped Eastern just when we would have started being more competitive with them. Last year would have been a close game and this year I think Eastern would have handled them. I'm sure they saw that coming and dumped us. :roll:
Rv was awful last year, but they did beat SG in the last game of the season. So it might have been a good game but I think the Eagles would have beaten them. I know, Eastern only beat SG by 1 but that was at SG and we know how the refs are down there in Kentucky. :mrgreen:

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

eagle25 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:36 pm
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:43 pm It's a shame RV dropped Eastern just when we would have started being more competitive with them. Last year would have been a close game and this year I think Eastern would have handled them. I'm sure they saw that coming and dumped us. :roll:
Rv was awful last year, but they did beat SG in the last game of the season. So it might have been a good game but I think the Eagles would have beaten them. I know, Eastern only beat SG by 1 but that was at SG and we know how the refs are down there in Kentucky. :mrgreen:
Someone from eastern is really talking about refs.... spit my coffee out I was laughing so hard.... wow I’ve seen it all now...

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Sggrad06 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:59 pm
Someone from eastern is really talking about refs.... spit my coffee out I was laughing so hard.... wow I’ve seen it all now...
I was on the sidelines at an SG game several years ago. An SG player hit someone about 5 yards out of bounds and knocked him over the hillside at the old field. Kid broke his ankle. The HC went nuts on the ref for not throwing a flag. His response, "weez from Kentucky boy and you speaking Ohioan. We don't speak that language. I didn't see nuthin" as he gave a goofy, toothless grin and spit some tobacco. So no, I've never been a fan of the refs SG hires. :mrgreen:

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Does RV play with Gallia this year?

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

NoPain23 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:38 pm Does RV play with Gallia this year?
RV plays both South Gallia and Gallia Academy this year. By "play with Gallia" do you mean be competitive with them? If so, I don't think they can stay on the field with them.

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

eagle25 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:56 am
Sggrad06 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:59 pm

I was on the sidelines at an SG game several years ago. An SG player hit someone about 5 yards out of bounds and knocked him over the hillside at the old field. Kid broke his ankle. The HC went nuts on the ref for not throwing a flag. His response, "weez from Kentucky boy and you speaking Ohioan. We don't speak that language. I didn't see nuthin" as he gave a goofy, toothless grin and spit some tobacco. So no, I've never been a fan of the refs SG hires. :mrgreen:
I’ll take things that never happened for $500 Alex.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

SG played at Eastern last year

Return to “Football”