Irontons Gage Salyers- Makes College commitment

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Irontons Gage Salyers- Makes College commitment

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to Irontons Gage Salyers on his commitment to Youngstown State University.

Go Fighting Tigers.....

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Re: Irontons Gage Salyers- Makes College commitment

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I'm so proud of Gage, no one works harder than he does.
The Tigers will be load and have a great season.

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Kudos to Gage, good luck in your career at YSU..............

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck gage, that is awesome. and to be able to possibly see you play is a great deal. glad to keep you in ohio. at one of the premiere fcs schools. congratulations to you. and I hope you have a great season with the ironton fighting tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if people don't think that the fcs can eventually lead to a shot at the pros. pick up an Athlon or lindy's magazine. about college or the pros and scroll through and see how many there are. great athletes come out of the fcs all the time. I know we still gotta senior year of high school and college left. but many people don't realize how many athletes go pro from the smaller schools.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Congrats

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Way to go Gage, I live up in canton, once you hit the field I'll be there to watch you do your thing, good luck

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:07 am if people don't think that the fcs can eventually lead to a shot at the pros. pick up an Athlon or lindy's magazine. about college or the pros and scroll through and see how many there are. great athletes come out of the fcs all the time. I know we still gotta senior year of high school and college left. but many people don't realize how many athletes go pro from the smaller schools.
0.6% of FCS players (19 / 2,983) were drafted in the 2018 NFL draft.

being drafted, and being on a roster are two different things. go buy a lindy's book on pro football and look at each team's rosters. some names of interest from the lower levels are people like jerry rice, Mississippi valley state. steve mcnair, alcorn state, Kenny Anderson, augustana. pierre garcon', mount union. the list goes on an on. look at a pro roster and you'll be surprised. there is a kicker now, I can't remember the team. he kicked at assumption college. the seating capacity at that stadium is 1800 people. there are so many more. then you have people that walked on in college, made the team. and now they're a pro. you don't have to be drafted to make a team. sign a free agency contract and make the team and you're in. I realize we are talking about a high school athlete. my point was. if you are good enough you'll find a way to get a shot. it doesn't matter where you played. my comment was to a 17 year old child about living his dream, and not getting hung up on where you sign. look at carson wentz, from north Dakota state. has 3 or 4 national championship rings. and now a pro qb.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:19 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:07 am if people don't think that the fcs can eventually lead to a shot at the pros. pick up an Athlon or lindy's magazine. about college or the pros and scroll through and see how many there are. great athletes come out of the fcs all the time. I know we still gotta senior year of high school and college left. but many people don't realize how many athletes go pro from the smaller schools.
0.6% of FCS players (19 / 2,983) were drafted in the 2018 NFL draft.
I say let's just be proud of the kid for getting a chance at the next level. Then, if he gets a shot in the pro's that's just icing on the cake.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

amen brother.

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

0.6% of FCS players (19 / 2,983) were drafted in the 2018 NFL draft. "so your telling me there's a chance"

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

What percentage of high school athletes play in college ? Of those how many get to go to school for free ? How about just saying congrats and go on instead of being jealous

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

Spike wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:45 pm What percentage of high school athletes play in college ? Of those how many get to go to school for free ? How about just saying congrats and go on instead of being jealous
I agree 100 percent good luck!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Congratulations. The Penguins were our rivals when I played at Akron. Always competitive games

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

great place to play I say.

Return to “Football”