Re: 2019 SOC 2 Football Conference Race

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Burg, waverly and valley are my top 3.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The rumors pertaining to the Burg football program becoming mere mortals like their SOC2 brethren may be exaggerated. We will know one way or the other come September 27 as the Pirates travel to Jackson.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Burg is the fav until proven otherwise. They are the reigning king of the mountain and deserve that respect, as any team in their position. Don't underestimate this team in league play. I respect their program and the kids devoted to playing.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

FIDO wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:55 am Burg is the fav until proven otherwise. They are the reigning king of the mountain and deserve that respect, as any team in their position. Don't underestimate this team in league play. I respect their program and the kids devoted to playing.
The have been blown out to 2 teams (yet good teams)and they dont really have an identity on offense. Its going to be tough to install that with underclassmen week 3 of the season. I agree they are the current champs and have had a hell of a run but dont think that will be the case after this season is over. And if they are after the season is over, it will be from tremendous coaching.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

FIDO wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:55 am Burg is the fav until proven otherwise. They are the reigning king of the mountain and deserve that respect, as any team in their position. Don't underestimate this team in league play. I respect their program and the kids devoted to playing.
I stand by my words. A down Burg team is still capable of winning any night in league play. They have proven time and again they get better as the season reaches league play, while others with baby soft schedules pound their chests until they get smacked in the face. It has been this way for many years. No one in Scioto County could have played Burg's early schedule and done better, no one. Most would be lucky to win one of those games.

Some allow their emotions cloud their judgment.

They Burg will be waiting next year! Don't underestimate them because it is truly a program and not a season.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Larry Fine wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:36 pm 1. Minford
2. Waverly
3. Wheelersburg
4. Valley
5. West
6. Oak Hill

As of today
Larry, you were way off

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Burg just needs needs to stay focused and limit their injuries, they're in the driver's seat.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian

Return to “Football”