2019 SOC 2 Football Conference Race

Sport Fan
JV Team

Re: 2019 SOC 2 Football Conference Race

Post by Sport Fan »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:38 pm My moneys on mm. But Coach and staff will make the right call. #RespectTheW
I think the QB position has not been decided and they have many options to choose from, this will be earned based on practice, like every year ...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Sport Fan wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:15 am
Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:38 pm My moneys on mm. But Coach and staff will make the right call. #RespectTheW
I think the QB position has not been decided and they have many options to choose from, this will be earned based on practice, like every year ...
That’s true. I’ve heard of four kids that are competing for it.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

I thought the freshman QB last year was really good, but he wasn’t very big. Wonder if he’s grown any?

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Sport Fan wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:15 am
I didn’t say he has won the job, just that my money is on him....
It will be who the best is at that position, just like every other year

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

SOC II thread is all Burg comments. Imagine my shock.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:58 am
Omega wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:06 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:59 pm This is really a topic?
No apologies JP for the post. Last time I checked SEOP was supposed to be a forum for fans of all schools in Southeast Ohio, and the SOC2 does include schools other than Wheelersburg. While I recognize the near invincibility of the Pirates against local schools, fans of say Minford or West might want to discuss their teams chances against the Burg and the rest of the league.
Yea. I've been around for a while now and know how this works. Sarcasm doesn't sit well with you I see. But that's cool, not everyone gets it.

IMO, Burg wins its 6th consecutive SOCII title. This Oline is one of the better ones they've had since 2014. It will be tough for anyone in the league to stop them. The defense has a few question marks but I'm sure by the time conference play starts that it will all be figured out.
well jolly if anyone recognizes sarcasm, it should be you. cause you burgites do it better than anyone else. looking forward to pre game banter with you pirate faithful. but ya'll hain't sarcasm experts there. tiger fans had 40 years of experience in a row.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

hit would tickle bait's innerds to see the fighting tigers knock off the pirates game 1. then somehow see waverly do it as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mel Kiper
Waterboy

Post by Mel Kiper »

Burg to win it all once again

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Burg’s the word

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

What are some thoughts about the conference after the first 2 week?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:09 pm What are some thoughts about the conference after the first 2 week?
Sticking with my original assessment that I do believe Waverly will push burg for the title this year. I think both Valley and Minford are improved but hard to judge them as so far they really haven't had that big test, Valley let one get away from them in week 1 against the Trojans. Minford just hasn't played anyone yet to get a real gauge for how good they might be this year. West is a young team and they are going to struggle this season and follow that up with Oak Hill who is replacing their coach and lost quite a bit of talent to graduation. For me it's a 3 team race, Burg has played 1 tough opponent and 1 juggernaut opponent and Waverly played a tough opponent in Athens week 1 and was able to prevail. Shoemaker kid for waverly is averaging 200 a game rushing so they'll be some real showdowns come league play as each team has a player or 2 that stand out, I just think waverly has more of them if they can keep improving on the line as the season goes on. For burg they've played the toughest schedule, by far, to get them ready for league play but with the amount of injuries they have been hit with did it cost them in the end, time will tell. SOC is going to be fun to watch over the next few years as the parity levels itself out for the first time in a long time.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:09 pm What are some thoughts about the conference after the first 2 week?
I still think burg is the fav, waverly next and minford the dark horse.

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:28 pm
I still think burg is the fav, waverly next and minford the dark horse.
Burg isnt the favorite. They have been blown out twice, yet to good teams. They are banged up and dont really have a solid offensive plan and its week 3.

Waverly, in my mind is the favorite and Minford and Valley right there in the mix.

Swayze
Riding the Bench

Post by Swayze »

Waverly still duct taping Shanks knee up? Minford while good is an injury away from being not good. West got mowed down by a Portsmouth whose line is absolutely horrendous. Valley let one go against Portsmouth but can their QB hold up? Burg finally seeing injuries and having to adjust. The SOC is wide open!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Burg

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Race wide open now?

Could have a 3 or 4 way tie?

Other than Oak Hill its going to be tight

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

We will know much more after this weekend.

If Minford takes care of GC easily I would put them in the cat bird seat.

If Burg easily handles Ashland, I would put them in the lead.

Waverly has Unioto so I think they take care of that game easily.

Valley has Piketon and I think they get a fairly easy win.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tight race. Too close to call right now.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I still don’t think any team in the soc will be able to beat burg

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Lost a game to Ironton(a good team) where we looked unprepared and trying to patch things. Lost a game to a Hartley team that would beat anybody south of Columbus easily. We know nothing about burg....

When was the last time Wheelersburg lost an SOC game? Until they are beat, they are the team to beat.

The rumors of TheBurgs untimely demise are greatly exaggerated.

Time will tell.....but my money is on Burg

Return to “Football”