What teams not on the schedule would you like to play?

oneoak
Varsity

What teams not on the schedule would you like to play?

Post by oneoak »

Are there any teams that you have never played or that are no longer on the schedule that you would like to play?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: What teams not on the schedule would you like to play?

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Jackson, logan, Athens, waverly, Portsmouth west, Columbus desales, Columbus bishop Watterson, belfry, ky, are just a few off the top of my head for ironton.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

For Nelsonville-York:

New Lexington (never played in regular season, but this is a regular scrimmage game)
Morgan (never played, and Morgan County borders Athens County)
Marietta (never played)
Sheridan (never played)
Chillicothe (never played)
Zanesville (never played)

Belpre (played 40 times, but not since Belpre moved to the Hocking. Last game was 2009)
Gallia Academy (last played in 1969)
Crooksville (last played in 2007)
Fairfield Union (last played in 2006)
Ironton (last played in 2009)
Jackson (last played in 1994)
Logan (last played in 2016)
Portsmouth (last played in 2004)
Portsmouth West (last played in 2011)
Wheelersburg (last played in 2016 - all five games have come in the playoffs, never the regular season)

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I still wish NY didn’t quit playing Logan. Don’t really understand why you wouldn’t want to play them as long as they wanted to play us.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has actually knocked some of my bucket list teams off and will play them the next few seasons those teams are : Nelsonville , Trimble , Meadowbrook , Williamstown and Wheeling Central.

Only one real team left I want on the schedule and that is Marietta.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I’d like to see Portsmouth get Chillicothe, Jackson and Burg back on the schedule. Obviously in recent years that those games were played they haven’t been competitive. Very one sided with Portsmouth on the losing end. So I get why they don’t play anymore, Portsmouth wasn’t getting much from getting kicked around and getting the L and those teams even with getting the W weren’t playing the toughest competition or getting the points they could’ve elsewhere. That being said all 3 were pretty good gates, not super long drive and good competition for the Trojans. A few other teams I’d like to see Portsmouth play would be Piketon, Raceland Ky and Meigs. Those 3 among several others just because I haven’t seen them. Besides Piketon when they scrimmaged Portsmouth. Arbiter Live has Portsmouth with upcoming series against Greenup County and Wellston in the next few years so that’s a nice change and cool.

Who Dey!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

For Portsmouth, like 59 said. Burg would bring a good gate. Greenup county id like to see. Like a across the river rivalry. Jackson would be great too.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

PTrojan59 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:34 pm I’d like to see Portsmouth get Chillicothe, Jackson and Burg back on the schedule. Obviously in recent years that those games were played they haven’t been competitive. Very one sided with Portsmouth on the losing end. So I get why they don’t play anymore, Portsmouth wasn’t getting much from getting kicked around and getting the L and those teams even with getting the W weren’t playing the toughest competition or getting the points they could’ve elsewhere. That being said all 3 were pretty good gates, not super long drive and good competition for the Trojans. A few other teams I’d like to see Portsmouth play would be Piketon, Raceland Ky and Meigs. Those 3 among several others just because I haven’t seen them. Besides Piketon when they scrimmaged Portsmouth. Arbiter Live has Portsmouth with upcoming series against Greenup County and Wellston in the next few years so that’s a nice change and cool.

Wellston takes river valleys slot next year for 1 year. Then greenup county takes Wellston spot. That’s going to last for a few years

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

For Piketon I’d like to see them play Vinton County again as that always seemed like a good competitive game. Also would like to see them play Minford, Oak Hill and Logan Elm

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Waverly and Jackson playing again I think would be competitive I know they stopped playing for how one sided it became for Jackson, and glad to see Waverly playing Athens but I wish they’d never gotten rid of the Piketon game really brought Pike County together

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again........Portsmouth absolutely should play Wheelersburg. No matter the outcome, it's just one game on the schedule, and the Trojans made the playoffs last season with a 7-3 record. It's still embarrassing that we don't play them, a school that is in our division and region. When is Portsmouth HS going to man up and play the Pirates?

Our basketball team plays them every year, and thankfully the Burg and Coach Ater keeps us on their hoops schedule. Coach Collins has said he will always play Wheelersburg as long as he's the coach......and he's 11-4 against them.

Our baseball team has played them year in and year out......and has taken their share of defeats, but they still play them, and I fully respect that.

Our track team competes against them on a yearly basis, and did quite well against them this year.

I don't see Ironton running away from the Pirates, and the Burg has had their way with the Fighting Tigers for most of the last decade, many of those games lopsided in favor of Wheelersburg.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens vs Marietta

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

For valley if they get going again I’d like to see them play Jackson and ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:58 am Jackson, logan, Athens, waverly, Portsmouth west, Columbus desales, Columbus bishop Watterson, belfry, ky, are just a few off the top of my head for ironton.
I forgot Nelsonville York, that was a great series.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree with dave Portsmouth/burg should always play each other. that's like ironton/oortsmouth, or ironton/Ashland, ironton/burg.

Rocket Booster
Riding the Bench

Post by Rocket Booster »

I like Wellston playing Portsmouth. I think Southeastern and Pike Eastern would be good on our schedule. Piketon and Oak Hill are nice additions. Gallia Academy might be a good choice.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I would like to see Jackson play ironton and Gallia every year in addition to Wheelersburg Logan and Athens

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Burg---Point Pleasant, Chillicothe, Amanda Clearcreek
Waverly---Amanda Clearcreek, Jackson, Portsmouth, Teays Valley

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

greygoose wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:49 pm Burg---Point Pleasant, Chillicothe, Amanda Clearcreek
Waverly---Amanda Clearcreek, Jackson, Portsmouth, Teays Valley
I think AC is on the Tiger schedule for 2019. Jackson may be a competitive stretch for Waverly but they are the type of program WHS needs to learn how to go toe to toe with if they are going to do more than one and done in the playoffs.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Like to see Lancaster on Logan's schedule again sometime in the near future.

Return to “Football”