OVC FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS THIS YEAR.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OVC FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS THIS YEAR.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HOW DO YOU THINK THE FINAL STANDINGS WILL PAN OUT THIS YEAR AS THE OVC HEATS UP.
WHO WILL BE THE NEW CHAMPION, WHO WILL FACEPLANT, WHO WILL BE THE DARK HORSE AND SUPRISE EVERYBODY. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: OVC FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS THIS YEAR.

help me remember who all is in there.
ironton, Portsmouth, gahs, south point, Chesapeake, fairland, rock hill, coal grove, is that correct.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I want Portsmouth to win the league. Should have a really good year but I think it will end like this. Ironton, gallia, Portsmouth, Fairland, coal grove, rock hill, Chesapeake, south point. I think Portsmouth can slide to number 2. Fairland has a couple transfers that will help. A really good basketball player/ running back from hurricane wv. I think south point will win a game or 2. Rock hill and coal grove I threw up in the air. Those teams are always competitive.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Two things will make Portsmouth a serious contender for the OVC title:

1. A better defense.......the Trojans allowed 28 or more points 5 times last season, way too many to win a conference title. Ironton (28), Chesapeake(39), Coal Grove(36), and Gallia Academy(36) all scored at least 28 points vs. PHS, with Lucasville Valley scoring 40 in the opening game.

2. A QB that can make the passing attack a legitimate threat for opposing defenses. If the passing game doesn't improve, things may get more difficult for Talyn Parker, as defenses will make the Trojans offense one dimensional. In the playoff game vs. Middletown Madison, Portsmouth's defense played well, holding Madison to 26 points, but the Trojans absolutely had no passing game to speak of, and as a result got shut out.

If these 2 things don't transpire, no way Portsmouth will win the OVC. If these 2 things are improved, the Trojans will challenge Ironton and Gallia Academy for the OVC title (PHS has beaten Ironton the last 2 years). I don't think Fairland, South Point, Coal Grove, Chesapeake, and Rock Hill have enough to seriously compete for the top spot. Ironton probably should be the preseason favorite, based on what they have coming back (RB Carrico and QB Salyers). Gallia Academy must replace QB Justin McClelland, but the Blue Devils are the defending OVC champions (beat Ironton at the Tank last year) and should be competing for the title again.

There's a good chance that at least 2, maybe 3-4 OVC schools will be playing in week 11.
Last edited by trojandave on Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Pulling for the Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

trojandave wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:03 pm Two things will make Portsmouth a serious contender for the OVC title:

1. A better defense.......the Trojans allowed 28 or more points 5 times last season, way too many to win a conference title. Ironton (28), Chesapeake(39), Coal Grove(36), and Gallia Academy(36) all scored at least 28 points vs. PHS, with Lucasville Valley scoring 40 in the opening game.

2. A QB that can make the passing attack a legitimate threat for opposing defenses. If the passing game doesn't improve, things may get more difficult for Talyn Parker, as defenses will make the Trojans offense one dimensional. In the playoff game vs. Middletown Madison, Portsmouth's defense played well, holding Madison to 26 points, but the Trojans absolutely had no passing game to speak of, and as a result got shut out.

If these 2 things don't transpire, no way Portsmouth will win the OVC. If these 2 things are improved, the Trojans will challenge Ironton and Gallia Academy for the OVC title (PHS has beaten Ironton the last 2 years). I don't think Fairland, South Point, Coal Grove, Chesapeake, and Rock Hill have enough to seriously compete for the top spot. Ironton probably should be the preseason favorite, based on what they have coming back (RB Carrico and QB Salyers). Gallia Academy must replace QB Justin McClelland, but the Blue Devils are the defending OVC champions (beat Ironton at the Tank last year) and should be competing for the title again.

There's a good chance that at least 2, maybe 3-4 OVC schools will be playing in week 11.
wow, what a summary dave. that's awesome.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

OVC is a very nice league and competitive. Agreed with the statement that their is a very good chance more than just a couple teams will be playing week 11

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Thinking either GA or Ironton will run the table, with P town coming in third with a close loss to both. All three play week 11. GA and Ironton are hosting.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Ironton
GA. The rest will find there place

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Hope To See Rock Hill Surprise Some Folks This Year!

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

I see this being one of the best years the OVC conference has seen in quite sometime. A lot of talented teams. More so than years past. Just look at last year, Gallia was the front runner and best team in the conference. But
Ironton lost to Portsmouth
Coal Grove beat Portsmouth
Chesapeake beat Coal Grove

Last year we had those weeks where upsets happened.
This year I think we’ll see more of that.

Because looking returning starters and who graduated I could see Gallia/Ironton/Portsmouth/Coal Grove/Rock Hill being able to compete with each other any given week.

I’ve been wrong before. I just don’t see Gallia or Ironton either one running away with it

Also, i think 3/4 teams make the playoffs from the OVC this year

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

in my heart I feel the 3 most likely to vie for the title are gahs, ironton and Portsmouth. but I ain't counting anybody out. and frankly know nearly nothing about what anybody has but ironton in all honesty.this should be a very exciting year in this league.

Huntster77
Waterboy

Post by Huntster77 »

Love it when everyone counts Fairland out!!! We’ll just show up out of nowhere like we did last year!!! I’d put our skill players up against any team in the area!!! Go Dragons!!!

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Huntster77 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:26 pm Love it when everyone counts Fairland out!!! We’ll just show up out of nowhere like we did last year!!! I’d put our skill players up against any team in the area!!! Go Dragons!!!
Show up and still not win the OVC?

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

Huntster77 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:26 pm Love it when everyone counts Fairland out!!! We’ll just show up out of nowhere like we did last year!!! I’d put our skill players up against any team in the area!!! Go Dragons!!!
I agree that fairland’s skill players are tough. How is the line play? If that has improved fairland shouldn’t be overlooked by anyone.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Don't think anyone is counting them out I see them in that 3/4 range. I just think everyone is looking at the OVC as a 2 team race between Gallia and Ironton and everyone else following up the behind.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

You didn’t really “show up out of nowhere”
Also there are reasons people are counting you out
1. You lost the best true QB in my eyes in SE OH
2. Also lost 7 other contributors to graduation
But that’s what makes HS football fun coming out of nowhere. I wish all the teams in the OVC a great season and hope that 4 teams can represent the OVC Week 11

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

I believe that Rock Hill will be very competitive this season, I honestly don't know how they will finish in the OVC. And I feel like The Hill is moving in the right direction, When Coach Lutz began the numbers were in the high 20's, last year the team began with around 33, this year for the RED & WHITE Game they dressed 45 kids...that is the largest number in a very long time on the Hill...

I think the OVC is getting stronger each year as well....Hope each team represents well and has minimal injuries....

GO HILL!!

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

1. Ironton
2. Portsmouth
3. Gallia
4. Fairland
5. Rock Hill
6. Chesapeake
7. Coal Grove
8. South Point

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

many remember ironton, for lack of better words, well blowing some big leads and losing several last year that way. the good news for fighting tiger fans is at least they were able to get those big leads. with a new coach, and a partial camp. now everybody is a year older, wiser, stronger. and have had a full camp together. so now if they get the leads, they may be better suited, and more confident keeping them. you do that limit turnovers, and penalties and block and tackle fundamentally, they could be very exciting. it seems at least all the parts are there to put the big motor back into tiger football. and our coaches have a year together. it's frankly quite exciting. can't come in overconfident for anybody or take anybody lightly. but concentrate on winning every play. 1 at a time.

Return to “Football”