OVC FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS THIS YEAR.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: OVC FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS THIS YEAR.

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

It'll come down to the War of 141 (copyright pending) in the SWAMP. I'll take a stab and say
GA
Ironton
Portsmouth
Rock Hill
Coal Grove
Fairland
Peake
South Point.

I think the Pointers go winless again this year.

Top two spots and spots 4-7 are very much up for grabs.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:25 am in my heart I feel the 3 most likely to vie for the title are gahs, ironton and Portsmouth. but I ain't counting anybody out. and frankly know nearly nothing about what anybody has but ironton in all honesty.this should be a very exciting year in this league.
Bait, GA may have the best overall speed in the conference with several burners in Armstrong, Woodson, Williams, and Donovsky.

Line looks bigger than years past.

QB will be the biggest unknown, but Vanco should be up to par, by midseason.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I always look forward to making the trip to Memorial Stadium in Gallipolis......a classic, old time venue with the staircase entrance and exit. I just hope that the field is in better condition than what I've seen it in years past. There's no fans in the OVC that have a more unique view than the people whose houses border the stadium above the field.

I don't keep detailed records like I do in basketball, but I can't remember the last time Portsmouth won at Gallipolis. I know it's been quite a while. Maybe some GAHS fan has that info. I do know that the Blue Devils hold a rather decided edge in the series.

GO TROJANS!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:54 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:25 am in my heart I feel the 3 most likely to vie for the title are gahs, ironton and Portsmouth. but I ain't counting anybody out. and frankly know nearly nothing about what anybody has but ironton in all honesty.this should be a very exciting year in this league.
Bait, GA may have the best overall speed in the conference with several burners in Armstrong, Woodson, Williams, and Donovsky.

Line looks bigger than years past.

QB will be the biggest unknown, but Vanco should be up to par, by midseason.
great to see the blue devils back to par. great for the ovc.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

trojandave wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:06 am I always look forward to making the trip to Memorial Stadium in Gallipolis......a classic, old time venue with the staircase entrance and exit. I just hope that the field is in better condition than what I've seen it in years past. There's no fans in the OVC that have a more unique view than the people whose houses border the stadium above the field.

I don't keep detailed records like I do in basketball, but I can't remember the last time Portsmouth won at Gallipolis. I know it's been quite a while. Maybe some GAHS fan has that info. I do know that the Blue Devils hold a rather decided edge in the series.

GO TROJANS!!
I'm like you dave, really cool setting. except we always parked on the lower lot. behind the visitors stands. after 7 knee surgeries I don't do them big steps anymore. we just wait around till the lot clears out some. but a real nostalgic place to see. but that is one terrible field in the rain. I ,love having the gahs/ironton rivalry revived.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:29 am
trojandave wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:06 am I always look forward to making the trip to Memorial Stadium in Gallipolis......a classic, old time venue with the staircase entrance and exit. I just hope that the field is in better condition than what I've seen it in years past. There's no fans in the OVC that have a more unique view than the people whose houses border the stadium above the field.

GO TROJANS!!
I'm like you dave, really cool setting. except we always parked on the lower lot. behind the visitors stands. after 7 knee surgeries I don't do them big steps anymore. we just wait around till the lot clears out some. but a real nostalgic place to see. but that is one terrible field in the rain. I ,love having the gahs/ironton rivalry revived.
Sorry, but that stadium should be torn down. I was there last year for a biddy league game and it wasn't fit for even that.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

BigChuck wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:39 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:29 am

GO TROJANS!!
Sorry, but that stadium should be torn down. I was there last year for a biddy league game and it wasn't fit for even that.
I've both played football and marched on that field, rain or shine. It has gotten better in recent years. It's not up to par with most fields in the area, but I wouldn't say it needs to be torn down. Really, I wouldn't even say it needs to be decommissioned.

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

Where and when is the OVC preview being played this year, what is the schedule

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

LOMBARDI9.9 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:53 pm Where and when is the OVC preview being played this year, what is the schedule
It was posted in another thread. But it’s this Saturday August 17th at Ironton.

5pm - Fairland vs Portsmouth
6pm- South Point vs Chesapeake
7pm- Rock Hill vs Gallia
8pm Coal Grove vs Ironton

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

Gracias

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

El burgo el la palabra!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

go play somewhere in the traffic bobby. big fish little pond.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Now Bait.... remember what you said to Max back on the Ironton outlook 2019 thread...about a little razz in going on then the fun begins! I'm expressed that you translated my post, great job! Now, let me take a stab at it. You said in your last post...big fish little pond... translated: Bait swimming up at Lake White...correct?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OH I AM RAZZING YOU BACK. AND THE LAKE WHITE THING MADE ME LAUGH. YOU GOTTA ADMIT YOU BURG FANS LAY IT ON THICK. AND CAN BE QUITE DISRESPECTIVE. THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING. I LOVE THE BANTER BETWEEN YOU ALL. BUT FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS YOU ALL HAVE OUTRIGHT MADE FUN OF THE TIGERS AND THAT GAME. I DON'T THINK TIGER FANS WOULD DO THE SAME BACK. ================================ BUT WE'LL SEE, CAUSE YA'LL ARE GOING DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEP YOU HEARED ME RIGHT FIGHTING TIGERS UPSET THE PIRATES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oops sorry about the caps, NOT

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Just as thick as tiger fans have done for 30 plus years! ;)

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:52 pm OH I AM RAZZING YOU BACK. AND THE LAKE WHITE THING MADE ME LAUGH. YOU GOTTA ADMIT YOU BURG FANS LAY IT ON THICK. AND CAN BE QUITE DISRESPECTIVE. THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING. I LOVE THE BANTER BETWEEN YOU ALL. BUT FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS YOU ALL HAVE OUTRIGHT MADE FUN OF THE TIGERS AND THAT GAME. I DON'T THINK TIGER FANS WOULD DO THE SAME BACK. ================================ BUT WE'LL SEE, CAUSE YA'LL ARE GOING DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEP YOU HEARED ME RIGHT FIGHTING TIGERS UPSET THE PIRATES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing we've done over the past 10 years is use Ironton posters words and thrown them in their faces. That's where "It's only Ashland" came from.

Look, you guys have a good thing going for you now. That's great. But true humility comes after a big win. But all you guys want to do is bump them gums before the first snap. I hope it's a battle. I hope we meet in the playoffs. We wont shy away. Win or lose we will be better week 2.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

What makes me laugh the most is most Ironton fans think that they’ll beat Burg, OVC is in the bag, and they will win a state championship. They went 6-5 last year. Haven’t beat burg since 2012, lost to two OVC teams the last two years. It’s one thing to be optimistic and hopeful for a season. But cmon now.

Yes, they may have great athletes, they may have a young coach who can keep them motivated, they will contend for an OVC title, But.. their coach is a young coach. A lot of experienced coaches in this conference and on their non conference schedule. It’s all about how you put it together each week at the end of the day. I don’t see anyway this team wins a state championship. I may eat my words come week 15. But I doubt it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

read my posts matt, I don't feel that way at all matt. you know that. the only thing I have stated even remotely close is I said I think gahs, ironton and Portsmouth are likely the 3 frontrunners talent wise. I know the ovc will be a dogfight. and as far as a state championship. I've not seen any discussion of that anywhere. buty I don't get out much. you gotta win week 1 first. and that's weeks away. and I'm excited for you grovers and your new coach.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

That wasn’t directed towards you at all bait. I know how loyal of a fan you are and how honest you’d be good or bad towards your tigers. I haven’t really read many posts in this thread. It’s just what I see on Facebook, hear around town, and hear what people say. Coal Grove and Ironton are so close you hear people say a lot of things. Lol

Also excited for the Grover’s and our new coach as well. I think we’ll be much improved. Even with the losses suffered at skill positions. Entire line returns and one of our leading rushers. Should be a good year.
Last edited by Matt77 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”