Fort Frye Preseason #1

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12607
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by EasternDspy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:57 pm
Yeah he has a few teams in the wrong division. I would think Trimble should beat Fort Frye by a couple scores this year
Lost to the best team in the state 35–18 a game that they had the ball down 21-18 in the fourth yet you think Trimble would beat them by 2 scores. Come on now.



efarns
All State
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 am

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by efarns » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:40 pm

Lol. How many times have you watched Fort Frye?



User avatar
Raider6309
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8102
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by Raider6309 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:46 pm

Hopefully Fort Frye makes the playoffs to see them line up with Trimble



efarns
All State
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 am

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by efarns » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:45 pm

Honestly, I don't understand why the whole TVC has this Fort Frye obsession. Nelsonville fans spent years begging to play us. Now, what are you doing on a Fort Frye thread talking about Trimble? Great as you may be, no Fort Frye fan cares about your team.



Long knocker
Waterboy
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:56 am

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by Long knocker » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:17 pm

EasternDspy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:34 pm
Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:57 pm
Yeah he has a few teams in the wrong division. I would think Trimble should beat Fort Frye by a couple scores this year
Lost to the best team in the state 35–18 a game that they had the ball down 21-18 in the fourth yet you think Trimble would beat them by 2 scores. Come on now.
Keep sleeping on Trimble. Their D is gonna be nasty. If they all stay healthy the offense will be pretty hard to stop for any team around this area of the state.



User avatar
Raider6309
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8102
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by Raider6309 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:27 pm

efarns wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:45 pm
Honestly, I don't understand why the whole TVC has this Fort Frye obsession. Nelsonville fans spent years begging to play us. Now, what are you doing on a Fort Frye thread talking about Trimble? Great as you may be, no Fort Frye fan cares about your team.
No wonder you don’t have a league



efarns
All State
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 am

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by efarns » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:29 pm

Long knocker wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:17 pm
EasternDspy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:34 pm
Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:57 pm
Yeah he has a few teams in the wrong division. I would think Trimble should beat Fort Frye by a couple scores this year
Lost to the best team in the state 35–18 a game that they had the ball down 21-18 in the fourth yet you think Trimble would beat them by 2 scores. Come on now.
Keep sleeping on Trimble. Their D is gonna be nasty. If they all stay healthy the offense will be pretty hard to stop for any team around this area of the state.
You have a wonderful team, but nobody in our district was talking about them. Are there Fort Frye people on your threads saying we'd beat you by two scores? How many times have you seen Fort Frye play? Can you name the towns in their district? Can you find The Whipple Straights without a map? With a map? I'm flattered by your Cadet obsession, but we are simply not all that interested in you. We have several actual difficult regular season games to get past before Trimble even becomes a possibility.



User avatar
Raider6309
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8102
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by Raider6309 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:37 pm

Be nice to see both play week 13. Beat the NEO schools



efarns
All State
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 am

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by efarns » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:40 pm

Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:37 pm
Be nice to see both play week 13. Beat the NEO schools
Week 13? We have to beat Belpre.



EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12607
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by EasternDspy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:19 pm

Long knocker wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:17 pm
EasternDspy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:34 pm
Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:57 pm
Yeah he has a few teams in the wrong division. I would think Trimble should beat Fort Frye by a couple scores this year
Lost to the best team in the state 35–18 a game that they had the ball down 21-18 in the fourth yet you think Trimble would beat them by 2 scores. Come on now.
Keep sleeping on Trimble. Their D is gonna be nasty. If they all stay healthy the offense will be pretty hard to stop for any team around this area of the state.
Def not sleeping on Trimble. I think they are a great team. I just don’t see them beating Fort Frye by multiple scores. They might beat us but it be a dog fight.



EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12607
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by EasternDspy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:25 pm

Everyone bashed Fort Frye’s schedule for years even tho they continued to finish with a home game in playoffs and they scheduled up and have the strongest schedule in school history. Trimble is a great program and they’ve accomplished so much but people on here act like Fort Frye is some team that hasn’t earned all the hype. They are coming off a 4 year span where they went (38-1) in the reg season and made the final 4 last year. It’s not like they haven’t won playoff games that group won 6 playoff games.



EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12607
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by EasternDspy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:28 pm

Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:37 pm
Be nice to see both play week 13. Beat the NEO schools
Exactly I would love both teams to destroy NEO teams and matchup in week 13. Fort has a long way to go but this is probably the deepest team they’ve had in years. They return 8 on defense and 6 on offense.



Attack
Freshman Team
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:56 am

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by Attack » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:43 am

EasternDspy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:25 pm
Everyone bashed Fort Frye’s schedule for years even tho they continued to finish with a home game in playoffs and they scheduled up and have the strongest schedule in school history. Trimble is a great program and they’ve accomplished so much but people on here act like Fort Frye is some team that hasn’t earned all the hype. They are coming off a 4 year span where they went (38-1) in the reg season and made the final 4 last year. It’s not like they haven’t won playoff games that group won 6 playoff games.
No one on this thread posting about Trimble is actually from Trimble. They are humorous comments but they are not from Trimble people.



formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by formerfcfan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:30 am

EasternDspy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:28 pm
Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:37 pm
Be nice to see both play week 13. Beat the NEO schools
Exactly I would love both teams to destroy NEO teams and matchup in week 13. Fort has a long way to go but this is probably the deepest team they’ve had in years. They return 8 on defense and 6 on offense.
Those schedules each have look like they’re going to put both FF and Trimble in seeds 3-6 territory.



EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12607
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by EasternDspy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:11 pm

formerfcfan wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:30 am
EasternDspy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:28 pm
Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:37 pm
Be nice to see both play week 13. Beat the NEO schools
Exactly I would love both teams to destroy NEO teams and matchup in week 13. Fort has a long way to go but this is probably the deepest team they’ve had in years. They return 8 on defense and 6 on offense.
Those schedules each have look like they’re going to put both FF and Trimble in seeds 3-6 territory.
Fort Frye has one if not the toughest schedule in the region. They added 3 playoff teams from last year and Nelsonville York. Play WV State Champs Wheeling Central week 6. Only 1 team on Fort Frye schedule should have a losing record and that’s Monroe. I’m guessing 8-2 could still get them a 4 seed. Don’t sleep on the addition of Meadowbrook they made a playoff run last year.



J8fusl
Freshman Team
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by J8fusl » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Would you put money on that ‘only one team will have a losing record’ comment?



efarns
All State
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 am

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by efarns » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:04 pm

formerfcfan wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:30 am
EasternDspy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:28 pm
Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:37 pm
Be nice to see both play week 13. Beat the NEO schools
Exactly I would love both teams to destroy NEO teams and matchup in week 13. Fort has a long way to go but this is probably the deepest team they’ve had in years. They return 8 on defense and 6 on offense.
Those schedules each have look like they’re going to put both FF and Trimble in seeds 3-6 territory.
Interesting observation. I might have imagined this, but I am thinking EDspy put up last year's points in this year's region, and Fort Frye would have been 2nd behind Mogadore.



EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12607
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by EasternDspy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:11 pm

J8fusl wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:44 pm
Would you put money on that ‘only one team will have a losing record’ comment?
What teams finish with a losing record?



EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12607
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by EasternDspy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:12 pm

J8fusl wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:44 pm
Would you put money on that ‘only one team will have a losing record’ comment?
Caldwell plays a really bad schedule.



bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Re: Fort Frye Preseason #1

Post by bbtrucking.inc » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:30 pm

EasternDspy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:28 pm
Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:37 pm
Be nice to see both play week 13. Beat the NEO schools
Exactly I would love both teams to destroy NEO teams and matchup in week 13. Fort has a long way to go but this is probably the deepest team they’ve had in years. They return 8 on defense and 6 on offense.
Let's compare against Waterford. Week 3 fort Frye wins at home by 2 points. Schetchy ref call. Week 5 Trimble wins at home 42-14. Trimble returns nearly the whole team. Losing basically one important person. Fort Frye. Losing lineman, some db's and the one constant from the last 4 years, tate Engle QB. I don't think it would be that close if they played. Trimble by 2-3 scores. But you make your own observations.



Post Reply

Return to “Football”