Soc 1 preseason predictions

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Re: Soc 1 preseason predictions

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

If I’m right 5 of the 6 football players mentioned above attended NCAA D-III football programs where players just attend school and they are on the team. I think the one exception is the kid that went to junior college. He may be at a scholarship program now but I don’t know. Of course this is second hand information so not sure if he is at a 4 year football program now.

As far as “issues in the program”, this is not the place to discussion. Again second-hand information but comes from people in the know.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

BigChuck wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:50 am Northwest being in this league division may well be the saddest/most embarrassing story in the whole State of Ohio.
And just why is that?

SouthernSports
Waterboy

Post by SouthernSports »

NW97 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:07 am
BigChuck wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:50 am Northwest being in this league division may well be the saddest/most embarrassing story in the whole State of Ohio.
And just why is that?
Because NW is the biggest school in the county, 60 kids on the football team, Division 5 and yet they insist on being in a league with schools that don’t even have 60 boys in the school. Playing Division 6 and 7 schools. That’s why it’s sad and embarrassing! Accept it. If they win the SOC 1 what are they proving? Most SOC 1 schools have about 20 kids on the team.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

SouthernSports wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:29 pm
And just why is that?
Because NW is the biggest school in the county, 60 kids on the football team, Division 5 and yet they insist on being in a league with schools that don’t even have 60 boys in the school. Playing Division 6 and 7 schools. That’s why it’s sad and embarrassing! Accept it. If they win the SOC 1 what are they proving? Most SOC 1 schools have about 20 kids on the team.
Having 60 kids on the roster isn't the norm, I think they had somewhere around 20 last year. And they lose good players from the district to Valley and West. To be honest I'm not sure how it works, but if it's so preposterous then who allowed them to be in SOC1?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NW97 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:14 pm
And just why is that?
Having 60 kids on the roster isn't the norm, I think they had somewhere around 20 last year. And they lose good players from the district to Valley and West. To be honest I'm not sure how it works, but if it's so preposterous then who allowed them to be in SOC1?
Not sure where you're getting your numbers but Northwest was NO WHERE near 20 kids on the team last year. They have 44 freshman and sophmores so let's cut that number in half and just say they had 20 freshmen last year alone. They were around probably upper 30s to lower 40s at the minimum last year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:12 am If I’m right 5 of the 6 football players mentioned above attended NCAA D-III football programs where players just attend school and they are on the team. I think the one exception is the kid that went to junior college. He may be at a scholarship program now but I don’t know. Of course this is second hand information so not sure if he is at a 4 year football program now.

As far as “issues in the program”, this is not the place to discussion. Again second-hand information but comes from people in the know.
You are referring to their big lineman from couple years back, I've heard he landed himself a scholarship at UMASS this year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:12 am If I’m right 5 of the 6 football players mentioned above attended NCAA D-III football programs where players just attend school and they are on the team. I think the one exception is the kid that went to junior college. He may be at a scholarship program now but I don’t know. Of course this is second hand information so not sure if he is at a 4 year football program now.

Then probably something that should be mentioned at all, considering it's information passed down from ear to ear and probably zero truth to it especially if it can't even be mentioned. Sounds of an individual just wanting to stir the pot.

SouthernSports
Waterboy

Post by SouthernSports »

And just why is that?
They asked to go into the SOC 1 for a couple of years to rebuild and Valley wanted to move up. They’ve just never really improved. Whether it’s loosing players to other schools or any of the many other reasons, they still need to be in the SOC 2. Divisions are based on the number of boys in the school and leagues should be on the same basis. It’s just not fair to the smaller schools.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

SouthernSports wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:36 pm

They asked to go into the SOC 1 for a couple of years to rebuild and Valley wanted to move up. They’ve just never really improved. Whether it’s loosing players to other schools or any of the many other reasons, they still need to be in the SOC 2. Divisions are based on the number of boys in the school and leagues should be on the same basis. It’s just not fair to the smaller schools.
Why isn’t it fair to other SOC 1 schools? It doesn’t matter if Northwest has 100 kids on the roster. Go to Joeeietel.com and lookup Northwest’s yearly record and scores against SOC 1 opponents. They lost A LOT more games than they won. The website goes all the way back to the 2000 season. If Northwest starts winning SOC 1 championships on a yearly basis, then maybe start talking about them moving back up to SOC 2.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Sorry Goose,

I have no dog in that fight and never have. To be honest I’m more of a SVC guys than the SOC or any other league.

It sounds like maybe you have a dog in that fight and you are trying to defuse the situation! Lol!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:26 am With the FCA game early on, week 2, they struggled moving the ball at times but still got the win. Just like their win in week 1 against South Gallia. Symmes was very young and had a huge learning curve. I think that they’ll be right there in the mix. It could ultimately come down to the Northwest/Symmes game. You take away Oak Hill from the schedule and add Fairview, KY, Symmes has the potential to win 6-9 games in the regular season. I’ll be very interested in seeing how they fair against Chesapeake this year. Traditionally, Symmes has struggled against Peake.
That ky team is really bad

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

And just why is that?
Might have 60 kids but how many “football players” do they have?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

And just why is that?
Northwest had around 45 last year half of the roster were freshmen.
Next year they will have close to 70 on the roster.
Numbers have not really been a issue at Northwest.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:41 pm Sorry Goose,

I have no dog in that fight and never have. To be honest I’m more of a SVC guys than the SOC or any other league.

It sounds like maybe you have a dog in that fight and you are trying to defuse the situation! Lol!
Well, I guess you more than answered my question with your response, thanks. Nope no dog in the fight, just like getting the facts well at least when someone has some to offer, not big on dealing with hearsay. I typically find myself going to games I think have the best matchups or players I want to check out to see how they stack up to the talk on here ;) . I don't lean towards one league or another that's why it's easy to remain unbias when talking about matchups or teams in general.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:13 pm
And just why is that?
Might have 60 kids but how many “football players” do they have?
They've got a uniform on don't they?? Did they all go through lifting and conditioning, 2 a days? They're all football players, some might play better than others but if you've gone through everything you've earned the right to be called a football player. Don't diminish a kids accomplishments you know nothing about.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:18 pm

My goodness I can't imagine a Northwest team with 70 guys on it, they are going to be tough to beat in SOC1 play for a while.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

By numbers Northwest should win the SOC because of attrition alone with being able sub constantly.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:08 pm
My goodness I can't imagine a Northwest team with 70 guys on it, they are going to be tough to beat in SOC1 play for a while.
They probably won't dress all the freshman next season.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

I know for a fact they had around 20 one year, must've been 2 years ago. I remember they had so many injuries they barely had enough to play.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

NW97 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:36 pm
I know for a fact they had around 20 one year, must've been 2 years ago. I remember they had so many injuries they barely had enough to play.
Nah

Return to “Football”