Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Re: Bands

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:37 am yes Lancaster was another huge band that would bring it. I remember a game at Lancaster's homecoming where Lancaster was ranked like 2/3 in div. 1 and ironton went in there and pulled a custer's land stand on them. the tigers flat destroyed them. before the game the Lancaster band was marching across that bridge, there were floats, n cars. the whole shebang. and we had to wait for them to cross to get to the stadium. it was like an army battalion. and they were very good. the restrooms were all on the home side. I remember walking in them at the 1/2 to pee. and the Lancaster people were in shock. they were like where in the he-- is ironton and just how big is ironton. I'm like hey guys we're d4, you could have heared a pin drop. that stopped that.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Two nights in a row bait you put me to bed laughing so hard my boy stopped watching cartoons and asked....what so funny dad !!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:34 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:09 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:06 pm

amen to that, logan always had an awesome band as well. very precision. as well as Jackson's ironmen.
"Big, Loud, Proud, and Pleasin’ the Crowd"

Trench as we have talked before...…….The night That Jackson Logan and Ohio University Bands were together in Logan for a Jackson/Logan football game if I am not mistaken at 3-0 halftime brutal battle the coaches could not talk loud enough to make adjustments!!!! It was something to hear and since that night I am not sure I have experienced such a halftime show of a high school football game.
It definitely was one for the memory books. Louder than an AC/DC concert. :lol: :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:13 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:09 pm

"Big, Loud, Proud, and Pleasin’ the Crowd"

Trench as we have talked before...…….The night That Jackson Logan and Ohio University Bands were together in Logan for a Jackson/Logan football game if I am not mistaken at 3-0 halftime brutal battle the coaches could not talk loud enough to make adjustments!!!! It was something to hear and since that night I am not sure I have experienced such a halftime show of a high school football game.
It definitely was one for the memory books. Louder than an AC/DC concert. :lol: :lol:

Im sure thats not far from the truth Trench. How many you roughly think that night was on the field with all three bands?? 500??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

cbolt wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:02 pm Lancaster had a huge loud band back then. I went to a playoff game in Mansfield with my nephew in 1989 I think. We went down to OU earlier that day to watch Ironton battle Orrville in their playoff game then made the trip straight up to Mansfield .They were playing Fremont Ross that year against Charles Woodson's brother Terry Carter. Terry was a heck of a running back BTW. Anyway the Blue and Gold Band sounded like the OU Marching 110 that night playing their fight song. They nothing like that now. Still good but not like that. They more of a dance musical band now. Back then they was military I think
I agree bolt. I prefer those kind of performances myself.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:57 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:37 am yes Lancaster was another huge band that would bring it. I remember a game at Lancaster's homecoming where Lancaster was ranked like 2/3 in div. 1 and ironton went in there and pulled a custer's land stand on them. the tigers flat destroyed them. before the game the Lancaster band was marching across that bridge, there were floats, n cars. the whole shebang. and we had to wait for them to cross to get to the stadium. it was like an army battalion. and they were very good. the restrooms were all on the home side. I remember walking in them at the 1/2 to pee. and the Lancaster people were in shock. they were like where in the he-- is ironton and just how big is ironton. I'm like hey guys we're d4, you could have heared a pin drop. that stopped that.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Two nights in a row bait you put me to bed laughing so hard my boy stopped watching cartoons and asked....what so funny dad !!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
well, I'm telling the truth. that makes ole bait happy.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:00 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:13 pm

Im sure thats not far from the truth Trench. How many you roughly think that night was on the field with all three bands?? 500??
Pretty close to it I bet.

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Buckeyes8989 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:08 pm Who has the biggest football team but the smallest band? Any teams with band with under 20 members in it?
I have seen many high school bands in the Allegheny Higlands of WV and VA march fewer than 10.

I have seen high school competition bands at Bands of America Finals in Indianapolis where 400 plus marched.

The most amazing high school band I have witnessed was the Hazard, Ky Band of Gold back in the mid 1990s. They marched under 20 total but produced sound, art, and precision that won BOA small school championships over bands five time their size.

As to is band a "sport", I got to attend a Carolina Crown drum corp practice this past June. 6am to 10pm of two a day intensity.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

Arnton gots the greatist fart song eever!!!! We'uns loves or arnton fartin taggers!!!

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

ArntonFartinTiger wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:53 pm Arnton gots the greatist fart song eever!!!! We'uns loves or arnton fartin taggers!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ArntonFartinTiger wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:53 pm Arnton gots the greatist fart song eever!!!! We'uns loves or arnton fartin taggers!!!
they shot abe lincoln and let fartin live.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Biggest Logan v Portsmouth @ Portsmouth. Smallest Portsmouth during the same game

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Biggest- Dublin Coffman or Olentangy Orange both had to have been close to 200+ kids.
Smallest - Fisher Catholic only had 11 or 12 kids.

AT THE RESERVATION
GOBLUE2005
Riding the Bench

Post by GOBLUE2005 »

Washington Court House has one of the best bands in the state. The FAC has two GIANT bands in WCH and Jackson. Of the 600 students at the high school in WCH numbers in the band range from 150-200 annually.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

GOBLUE2005 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:17 pm Washington Court House has one of the best bands in the state. The FAC has two GIANT bands in WCH and Jackson. Of the 600 students at the high school in WCH numbers in the band range from 150-200 annually.
Remember seeing WCHs band at West in the early or mid 2000s they was really good. One of the best band performances I have seen.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Hate to pick a bone, but flag corp numbers should not count in a band’s member count. Twirling/waving a flag is not a skill. So, Jackson, you now have 11 less members. :lol:

Return to “Football”