Bands

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Bands

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

What is the smallest band you’ve seen a team bring ?What is the smallest band you’ve seen at halftime? Which schools have bands that are small and don’t travel to away games ? Which schools don’t have bands and what do they do at halftime for there home games?
Last edited by Buckeyes8989 on Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Re: Bands

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

Also what is the biggest band you have seen a team bring? They don’t have to be southeast Ohio,northeast Ohio it can be anywhere.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Dublin Coffman biggest I ever saw. Took up almost all of Bill Sauer Field. Smallest I seen recently was Jamestown Greeneview last year in their playoff game against Wheelersburg.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I have seen some Columbus bands that are huge 100+ members then have dance teams majorettes cheerleaders it was a sight to see valley played a team from Ashland last few years they didn’t bring their band to valley and I think it was even less than 20 fans even came

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

Bump

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Seemed like Wheelersburg had about 20 in their band last year. They were the smallest I watched.

Jackson has 174 this year.

I remember back in 1997 at playoff game we played Youngstown East....they had about 40 fans and we had about 5,000. Their band had like 12 kids and ours was around 190 and did the Script Ohio at halftime

But none of that mattered as we lost in the final minute

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:13 am Seemed like Wheelersburg had about 20 in their band last year. They were the smallest I watched.

I remember back in 1997 at playoff game we played Youngstown East....they had about 40 fans and we had about 5,000. Their band had like 12 kids and ours was around 190 and did the Script Ohio at halftime

Wow just 12 kids that’s crazy. Jackson had always had a big band. Burg has always been small too

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

folks we saw the fighting tigers play Belfry, ky. one time and I'm thinking they had like 8/9. and it's a huge district. the bleachers are all on one side. and it's just concrete ledges you sat on at the old stadium. their new facility is awesome and spacious. but the old stadium was crazy.you had to walk forever to get to the bleachers and bathrooms. I think the pirates band had 8/9 people that year. they came out and played I think'' you ain't nothing but a hound dog'' and left. i'll never forget one time they were honoring seniors, and they had these paper things for each player to run through. and this one senior hit it and stopped dead in his tracks. it was a hoot. he grabbed the top and ripped it open. kid you not about something else as well. the 1st couple times we played belfry away. there was one endzone to the right side of the field. and there must have been 50 Harleys setting just feet from the bounds line. when ironton got past the 50, they fired up the Harleys. and revved them up. it went on the whole game, dangest thing I ever saw. the bleachers were all on one side, and the other side was a block wall. it was down in a bowl anyway, and it bounced off all that concrete and had no where to go. coach lutz was livid. and when you pulled into the old stadium to park, people just got to the stadium and parked right in the highway. literally and walked to the stadium. all in all, it was an awesome experience. one you'll never forget. the new stadium is an awesome facility though. our 1st trip there there was a detour, and you were dtoured onto roads that were not much more than logging roads. I kid you not, there was heavy equipment operating overtop of you, and boulders rolling across the road and flying down the hill. I think they turned an ironton bus over there one time. at least that's what I was told. I had heard about vehicle vandalization. and I had just bought a brand new chevy conversion van at don hall Chevrolet in Ashland, ky. and there was like 9 of us in the van. my temporary tag had ran out just before. and I had the hardplates in the van. I took a sharpie and changed the 6 to an 8, so it would still have a ky. temp tag. after we left I stopped at a gas station and changed them out. if I'm lyin I'm dyin. figured if something was going to be vandalized it would have an ohio tag on it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Smelly1622
Waterboy

Post by Smelly1622 »

One year Amanda Clearcreek had more kids twirling flags than playing instruments. I'd guess it was early 2000s. Probably 15 total playing instruments and I'm maybe being nice.

Pick central is the biggest band I've seen. They're good and loud too.

New lex band is my favorite band in the SE. Always has that OU 110 flavor to it. They're never a big band, but they're always the best band on the field, and louder than bands twice their size.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

largest bands I ever saw were like moeller and massillon. for a team that is in ironton's division. which is d5. the Johnstown Monroe johnnies have the biggest band I ever saw for a school our size. and they are awesome.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Big or small, Friday nights wouldn't be the same without them.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the band that always put on the wildest, coolest halftime shows were the Athens bulldog bands of the seoal days. you talk about putting on a show. =================== but i'll take my ironton fighting tiger million dollar marching band anytime. the only complaint I ever had with them was they played ''barbara ann'' about 13 years in a row.but they had it down pat. I love how ironton band lines up around the locker room forming a big tunnel for the tigers to run out of before the game. and it's so cool to hear them come down tiger alley playing before a game with those block walls on both sides, it'll give you chills. and a lot of times they'll march right up into the stands and come by playing. with ironton having a covered stadium, the acoustics are awesome. getting chills talking about it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:04 pm Big or small, Friday nights wouldn't be the same without them.
amen to that, logan always had an awesome band as well. very precision. as well as Jackson's ironmen.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth’s band last coupe years been very small. But I agree. It’s fun to have the bands come out and play during halftime.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens and Marietta always had the best bands. Johnstown had the best football band. Always cool when the 110 would come to Athens games

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:13 am Seemed like Wheelersburg had about 20 in their band last year. They were the smallest I watched.

Thanks for the reminder !!! 😂😂😂😂
Despite the little fans. And band from Youngstown East Boy did they ever have a stud RB that made it up for it. It was the first time the school ever made the state playoffs and it was strictly due to him. That night P.J. Mays who we held pretty good to that last minute you reference to got us. In a cold driving rain in Cambridge. He initially signed with Cincinnati then transferred back to YSU where he knows sits in YSU HOF. Take him out of the equation the game isn’t even close !!!

Below you can read a little more on him. When you hit him you had better been bringing the wood or you was on your back. Awesome athlete to play against. !!

https://www.ysusports.com/fan_zone/hof/bios/mays-pj

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:56 pm folks we saw the fighting tigers play Belfry, ky. one time and I'm thinking they had like 8/9. and it's a huge district. the bleachers are all on one side. and it's just concrete ledges you sat on at the old stadium. their new facility is awesome and spacious. but the old stadium was crazy.you had to walk forever to get to the bleachers and bathrooms. I think the pirates band had 8/9 people that year. they came out and played I think'' you ain't nothing but a hound dog'' and left. i'll never forget one time they were honoring seniors, and they had these paper things for each player to run through. and this one senior hit it

and stopped dead in his tracks. it was a hoot. he grabbed the top and ripped it open. kid you not about something else as well. the 1st couple times we played belfry away. there was one endzone to the right side of the field. and there must have been 50 Harleys setting just feet from the bounds line. when ironton got past the 50, they fired up the Harleys. and revved them up. it went on the whole game, dangest thing I ever saw. the bleachers were all on one side, and the other side was a block wall. it was down in a bowl anyway, and it bounced off all that concrete and had no where to go. coach lutz was livid. and when you pulled into the old stadium to park, people just got to the stadium and parked right in the highway. literally and walked to the stadium. all in all, it was an awesome experience. one you'll never forget. the new stadium isan awesome facility though. our 1st trip there there was a detour, and you were dtoured onto roads that were not much more than logging roads. I kid you not, there was heavy equipment operating overtop of you, and boulders rolling across the road and flying down the hill. I think they turned an ironton bus over there one time. at least that's what I was told. I had heard about vehicle vandalization. and I had just bought a brand new chevy conversion van at don hall Chevrolet in Ashland, ky. and there was like 9 of us in the van. my temporary tag had ran out just before. and I had the hardplates in the van. I took a sharpie and changed the 6 to an 8, so it would still have a ky. temp tag. after we left I stopped at a gas station and changed them out. if I'm lyin I'm dyin. figured if something was going to be vandalized it would have an ohio tag on it.
Wow bet you bout craped yourself didn’t ol bail. Sounds like that be scary snd something you would see on a horror movie

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:05 pm the band that always put on the wildest, coolest halftime shows were the Athens bulldog bands of the seoal days. you talk about putting on a show. =================== but i'll take my ironton fighting tiger million dollar marching band anytime. the only complaint I ever had with them was they played ''barbara ann'' about 13 years in a row.but they had it down pat. I love how ironton band lines up around the locker room forming a big tunnel for the tigers to run out of before the game. and it's so cool to hear them come down tiger alley playing before a game with those block walls on both sides, it'll give you chills. and a lot of times they'll march right up into the stands and come by playing. with ironton having a covered stadium, the acoustics are awesome. getting chills talking about it.
Bait your forgetting eye of the tiger too. Makes the hair on your arms and neck stand up

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Lancaster definitely has one of the nicest bands around. Amanda's is always great.

There were a few years where we had only six in the band. Now we have about 15 high schoolers and 15 from the junior high band that team up on Friday nights.

One of the coolest I've seen was Grove City Christian, where they only had like nine but they performed sort of like a jazz ensemble. Guitar, drums, xylophone. Good stuff.

Berne Union has probably one of the more impressive bands for D7 sized schools around.

Return to “Football”