SEO Top 10

Jokerswild
Riding the Bench

Re: SEO Top 10

Post by Jokerswild »

Better get Waverly off the top ten list, they’re playing in an Eastern div 4 region.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:37 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:32 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:17 pm I’m not sure how you can’t put Burg at number 1. Not that they may not be but I say you got to until they get knocked off.
Very easily, it's just like any preseason rankings. You take in the different variables and then come up with a calculation as to where you feel these teams will stand. Wheelersburg lost a lot of talent and has question mark at QB, while other teams returned key players so that's why I moved them down a notch or 2 because it's more a prove it thing. As of right now from the outside looking in and on paper other teams just look better. It's not a knock on Burg but to say they deserve the top spot because of what they've done over the last couple years, even though a lot of those players are gone, is a bit crazy. I mean if that's the case then every state champion and runner-up would go into the preseason as #1 and #2 by that logic.
This isn’t a state poll. It’s the south east poll. I do agree with your assessment but Burg has been to the regional the last 5 years. Winning three of them. They’ve had question marks every year. I have to put them up there until someone knocks them off.
Exactly so why are you getting upset that not everyone placed burg 1?? You can put them there just like some others have, but giving a 1 rank based on past accomplishments just isn't how it works and you know that. Now with the Miller injury just another question mark for this year's team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:37 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:32 pm

Very easily, it's just like any preseason rankings. You take in the different variables and then come up with a calculation as to where you feel these teams will stand. Wheelersburg lost a lot of talent and has question mark at QB, while other teams returned key players so that's why I moved them down a notch or 2 because it's more a prove it thing. As of right now from the outside looking in and on paper other teams just look better. It's not a knock on Burg but to say they deserve the top spot because of what they've done over the last couple years, even though a lot of those players are gone, is a bit crazy. I mean if that's the case then every state champion and runner-up would go into the preseason as #1 and #2 by that logic.
This isn’t a state poll. It’s the south east poll. I do agree with your assessment but Burg has been to the regional the last 5 years. Winning three of them. They’ve had question marks every year. I have to put them up there until someone knocks them off.
Exactly so why are you getting upset that not everyone placed burg 1?? You can put them there just like some others have, but giving a 1 rank based on past accomplishments just isn't how it works and you know that. Now with the Miller injury just another question mark for this year's team.
Ok. Just saying. Its not their first rodeo. Last bad season they had was a 7-3 year with four senior starters and had to start three freshmen. I’m keeping them at number one.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Cream will come to the top

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Footballfan12
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan12 »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:02 pm There is Eastern District teams that the site considers Southeast teams
Lol. Don't go trying to talk any sense into some of these guys. The Washington County teams are in the "Eastern District" and therefore cannot be included in a poll on the best SEO teams. Let's not even begin to talk about Monroe or Noble Counties, for they might as well be in metro Pittsburgh they're so far east.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

My Top 10...
1.Ironton
2.Jackson
3.Burg
4. Waverly
5. Gallia
6. Paint Valley
7. Unioto
8. Chillicothe
9. Trimble
10. Portsmouth
I hate to go against NY for the 10 spot but I don’t see much changing from last year.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

1. Burg
2. Jackson
3. Ironton
3a. GA
5. PV
6. Fort
7. Trimble
8. Waverly
9. Unioto
10. Chilli

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Footballfan12 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:39 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:02 pm There is Eastern District teams that the site considers Southeast teams
Lol. Don't go trying to talk any sense into some of these guys. The Washington County teams are in the "Eastern District" and therefore cannot be included in a poll on the best SEO teams. Let's not even begin to talk about Monroe or Noble Counties, for they might as well be in metro Pittsburgh they're so far east.
Marietta, Waterford, Belpre are in the southeast district

Fort Frye is the East district

lol

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I believe in the acronym SEO includes South and Eastern parts of Ohio. I think that the cutoffs should be the boundaries of I-70 and 35. If we’re going to include someone like Hillsboro, we should also include Fort Frye.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

gang, we got posters from everywhere. if they want to start a thread about cincy moeller,coldwater. or Youngstown ursiline. they are all welcome here. there are fans from all over the state, and out of state on here.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What would it take to make Fort Frye and official SE District school ?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Footballfan12
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan12 »

mattash wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:49 pm What would it take to make Fort Frye and official SE District school ?
A map promulgated by OHSAA with big letters outlining districts.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It’s new year yes but Paint Valley was absolutely destroyed by Shadyside 40-6. That’s the same team that could barely move the ball on Fort Frye. Fort Frye returns 8 from that loaded defense. Fort Frye should be better then Paint Valley in 2019.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

mattash wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:49 pm What would it take to make Fort Frye and official SE District school ?
Fort Frye should def be Southeast district. You can throw a football from Waterford to Fort Frye.

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

The cutoff between SE district and the East district is the muskingum river. If FF wants to go to the TVC then I would suggest petitioning ohsaa to place them in the se district

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:40 pm
Fort Frye should def be Southeast district. You can throw a football from Waterford to Fort Frye.
If you live in Texas, on the very southern border, you could throw a football into Mexico. But guess what? Mexico is not in the United States!! ha-ha!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BigChuck wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:20 am
If you live in Texas, on the very southern border, you could throw a football into Mexico. But guess what? Mexico is not in the United States!! ha-ha!!
Just don’t make any sense that Fort Frye is an Eastern District team. What are they East of? Think about this logically Beverly is a southeastern city.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:30 pm
BigChuck wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:20 am

Just don’t make any sense that Fort Frye is an Eastern District team. What are they East of? Think about this logically Beverly is a southeastern city.

In all seriousness, I'm not arguing about what makes sense and what doesn't, I simply wasn't sure what constituted the "South East District" so I went to the OHSAA website to see what they had. If the folks from this site sees it different then that is more than fine by me, I was just going by what they (OHSAA) officially has. I'm absolutely nobody either way.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:36 am Amanda is not a SEO team. Sheridan is, and probably the best of the bunch. Fort Frye is NOT a SEO team.
Am I correct in presuming you’re basing this on whether or not they’re in the Southeast District?
Or demographics as determined by the government. Amanda is NOT a SE OHIO school in any way.

Return to “Football”