Final: Jackson 23 Wellston 6

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Final: Jackson 23 Wellston 6

Post by Ironman92 »

One last time...Saturday the 31st..8:00 in Jackson

Wellston comes in with a new coach and tons of hope. Jackson led by veteran head coach Andy Hall. Jackson on paper is the considerable favorite. No one not from Jackson or Wellston is going to give Wellston any chance at all. Wellston kids will believe they can do it until the scoreboard might say otherwise. The Ironmen kids know to keep their guard up...they respect Wellston and will be focused and ready to get this final matchup underway.

Let’s get this thing going.

2Time
Freshman Team

Re: Week 1...Jackson vs Wellston...The Finale

Post by 2Time »

Wellston looks to just stay healthy once they fall a few scores behind if it just isn’t their night, if they play tough and hang around I see them using everything they have to pull the upset off like 2010. Good luck to both teams!

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Ironmen by a bunch. 48-14 Jackson pulling away late.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Jackson by a bunch.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

The finale for now, we'll see how long they stay off each others schedule. Jackson starts the year off with a bang 48-8

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson will do what it takes to win this one.....Wellston will play hard and give it their all in the finale.....don't see the golden rockets being able to do what it takes for 4qrters but crazier things have happened and the game still has to be played...…..should be a great atmosphere in Jackson on the hill with football beginning that afternoon on the JMS field with the pee wee teams beginning at 2:00pm against Chillicothe.....lots of tailgating and friendships being shared at the varsity stadium leading up to the game...….will be interesting to see who from both teams will win the MVP awards at the end of the night......should be a fun night for the entire county.....urge everyone to come witness it...…..

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Horse in the race so I’ll stay tight lipped. Obvious who I want to win.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

hate to see this series end. but I understand the size difference.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:55 am hate to see this series end. but I understand the size difference.
It’s ending because Jackson recruits that area. Their QB is from Point Pleasant and their next QB is from River Valley. It would be a competitive game if it was Jackson vs Wellston

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:13 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:55 am hate to see this series end. but I understand the size difference.
It’s ending because Jackson recruits that area. Their QB is from Point Pleasant and their next QB is from River Valley. It would be a competitive game if it was Jackson vs Wellston
Noted

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:41 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:13 pm
Noted
Athens QB is from Fed Hock. Lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Dundas wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:59 pm Athens QB is from Fed Hock. Lol
Since your source is me that's technical not true.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson doesn't personally have to recruit. Folks recruit Jackson. The school district, ALL the sports programs, ALL the school facilities speaks volumes in itself without a single person having to go out of their way. As a parent who wouldn't want the best opportunity for their child. A solid education, An opportunity to play in the nicest stadium SEO has to offer, a storied program that is solid year in and year out. Has the entire community behind them. Booster clubs and events that raise THOUSANDS of dollars every year for the school. Brand new state of the art schools. three elementary schools, middle school and a high school. A walk inside Alumni Stadium is as impressive as it gets and why wouldn't a kid want to play inside it. For most its as close as running onto the field at Ohio State.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:48 pm Jackson doesn't personally have to recruit. Folks recruit Jackson. The school district, ALL the sports programs, ALL the school facilities speaks volumes in itself without a single person having to go out of their way. As a parent who wouldn't want the best opportunity for their child. A solid education, An opportunity to play in the nicest stadium SEO has to offer, a storied program that is solid year in and year out. Has the entire community behind them. Booster clubs and events that raise THOUSANDS of dollars every year for the school. Brand new state of the art schools. three elementary schools, middle school and a high school. A walk inside Alumni Stadium is as impressive as it gets and why wouldn't a kid want to play inside it. For most its as close as running onto the field at Ohio State.
Agree...I know when my son gets of school age if i have moved within an hour drive I'd consider taking him there. Great academics and the nicest facilities around.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:48 pm Jackson doesn't personally have to recruit. Folks recruit Jackson. The school district, ALL the sports programs, ALL the school facilities speaks volumes in itself without a single person having to go out of their way. As a parent who wouldn't want the best opportunity for their child. A solid education, An opportunity to play in the nicest stadium SEO has to offer, a storied program that is solid year in and year out. Has the entire community behind them. Booster clubs and events that raise THOUSANDS of dollars every year for the school. Brand new state of the art schools. three elementary schools, middle school and a high school. A walk inside Alumni Stadium is as impressive as it gets and why wouldn't a kid want to play inside it. For most its as close as running onto the field at Ohio State.
All of those things may be true. The stadium is wonderful. There is a ton of money raised. The boosters are second to none there. The school is new and is as nice or nicer than any around. Jackson doesn’t have to recruit. But they do.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Dundas wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:36 pm
All of those things may be true. The stadium is wonderful. There is a ton of money raised. The boosters are second to none there. The school is new and is as nice or nicer than any around. Jackson doesn’t have to recruit. But they do.
So they recruited the QB from West Virginia? The brothers from Vinton Co, they were mad at coaching situation or something I remember reading. Who else is there?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Everyone loves to jab.

Enjoy your $3 to park

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:36 pm
I will say this, Jackson has everything lined up for them to look much more appealing to a young athlete in the surrounding area. The "coaches" do not recruit this much I believe, however I don't think you can call it recruiting when a parent talks to another parent from a different school, that they know personally, about bringing there kid over can you??

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The flagpole usually seals the deal.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:41 pm Everyone loves to jab.

Enjoy your $3 to park
Did they raise the price?? wasn't it $2?

Return to “Football”